• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokémon x Hatsune Miku collaboration Project Voltage announced; 18 tracks

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Shocked this didn’t leek ahead of time. Thread title covers the gist, but this will be a collection of 18 songs, one per Pokemon type, each being a collaboration with a different vocaloid producer and artist. The first song drops on September 29th; but starting from the 4th artwork for each type will be posted every weekday.

Last edited:
Fv8KDhuWcAY02mB.jpg

Exciting stuff!

So… is this a game or an album or what? Can’t read Japanese over here…

18 tracks is mentioned in the title and also one of the few parts of the tweet in English; i'll edit for further clarity though.

I wonder if there will be anything that can top Odds & Ends.

Still, I'll be there day one for the eventual game adaption.

Pokemon art style Miku is dang cute. Guessing she has different outfits for each type?

If we don't get Farfetch'd for flying-type I will be severely disappointed. Unless it's Chatot instead 👀

I like how they got the Pokémon artists to do the designs. It makes Miku look more like a pokemon character than a cosplayer

The main art did nothing for me, but the electric concept art sold me on it. Just think they chose a bad angle/pose for the main art.

Rotom is kind of a choice out of left field. Toxtricity would've been more obvious, given its more overt musical theme. Still a nice design though :D

The main art did nothing for me, but the electric concept art sold me on it. Just think they chose a bad angle/pose for the main art.

Kannu is one of the few concept artists that I really really admire. Bought his self-published books a good number of times when I'm over in Japan. His books are essentially world-building concept art tomes that take inspiration from Touhou, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Smash Bros, Kancolle... and a great dose of original ideas too. Just look at his X (formerly known as Twitter).

I'm really happy that he got to work with Pokemon Company for real AND I hope his books get translated to English one day!

All of these have been pretty good so far... okay, Ice doesn't give me music vibes, as much as it does "I'm corporate Miku, and my Lapras gives me low-fi beats to write quarterly reports to." But it still looks nice. Waiting for bug, dark, and ghost Miku. I need to know how she reps my favourite types.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom