• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
It's very addictive already. I haven't left the starting area after 3 hours yet.

Is there a way to have sidequests marked on the map? I'm just running all over the village and into every house trying to find who has ordered which mission.
Press - to open the minimap, then Y to open the quest list. You should be able to mark any quest as active with its own quest mark.

Would anybody like to trade me some randos? I want to try out trading Pokemon.

Also, has anybody figured out how to actually trade in Satchels for MP?

This game….wow.
I’m a pretty casual fan of the series - I buy them all but rarely play more than several hours of each and get bored.

I am in love with everything except some of the graphics (but it looks good sometimes too…weird).

The open-ish world, the active way you stalk and catch Pokémon, the research goals that have you doing all kinds of stuff other than just defeating a Pokémon. The music!!!! Crafting. Different size Pokémon. Day night cycle affecting gameplay. I love the setting too. It feels right in so many ways.

I had to rip myself away at 3am so I could sleep some but I’m playing all day today. I hope this right here is the future of the series because for me, all the streamlining and changes have added up to a fresh, exhilarating experience and I’m completely here for it lol!
This is exactly how I feel. I haven't played a Pokémon game since Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Snap because the other games seemed too similar but I am absolutely in love with this game. These are the kind of worlds I love to explore whether it's this game, Breath of the Wild or Dragon's Quest Builders.

Something about them just draws me in.

This is exactly how I feel. I haven't played a Pokémon game since Pokémon Yellow because the other games seemed too similar but I am absolutely in love with this game. These are the kind of worlds I love to explore whether it's this game, Breath of the Wild or Dragon's Quest Builders.

Something about them just draws me in.
For me it's the "simplified beauty" of nature. It models nature, rather than tries to accurately simulate it, which does a better job at portraying its beauty without distracting you with its lack of realism

Would anybody like to trade me some randos? I want to try out trading Pokemon.

Also, has anybody figured out how to actually trade in Satchels for MP?
I collected some lost satchels when roaming and get points upon returning to Jubilife village. You can exchange those points for evo items at the lady by the left of team Galaxy building

For me it's the "simplified beauty" of nature. It models nature, rather than tries to accurately simulate it, which does a better job at portraying its beauty without distracting you with its lack of realism
Exactly. I'd rather have a stylized world then realism any day and I bet the people complaining about graphics have probably spent hours in Minecraft lol

and get points upon returning to Jubilife village.
This is the part I need clarified. I'm in Jubilife right now, and I have "Norm's Satchel" in my Lost & Found menu but I don't have any MP.
Do I need to talk to someone in order to trade it in? The lady you mentioned doesn't have the option as far as I can tell, unless I somehow overlooked it

This is the part I need clarified. I'm in Jubilife right now, and I have "Norm's Satchel" in my Lost & Found menu but I don't have any MP.
Do I need to talk to someone in order to trade it in? The lady you mentioned doesn't have the option as far as I can tell, unless I somehow overlooked it
Were you connected to the internet? Because I was, and I had no trouble sending the satchels back!

Also I can do random trading if you still want! I haven't tried it out myself yet. XD

Were you connected to the internet? Because I was, and I had no trouble sending the satchels back!

Also I can do random trading if you still want! I haven't tried it out myself yet. XD
Awesome! I'll PM you my FC

Like, was it automatic? Or did you have to do something? I believe I've been successfully connected to the internet this while time

Like, was it automatic? Or did you have to do something? I believe I've been successfully connected to the internet this while time
When you open the settings, and go to Communications, you should see a button for "Lost & Found" and "Mystery Gifts " , and underneath those you have to option to turn on your Internet Connection + also toggle "Automatically Connect" on.
You have to do that manually iirc.

So after that just click on "Lost and Found" and you should automatically get the option to send the satchel back to whomever it belongs! Atleast that's what I hope does the trick. XD

Do we have any info on the resolution of the game in docked / handheld? Pretty disappointed to hear Blunty say it's 720p and liken it to a Gamecube game... I was honestly pretty impressed with it on my initial impressions as I noted here in the thread. Framerate and graphical glitches / pop-in are another topic, but resolution seemed good.

EDIT: oh i may have misheard him referring to the resolution of MH rise rather, listening while working lol

Whoa... the game looks GREAT in handheld mode. Maybe the first switch game I can think of that looks better in handheld than in docked mode.

Looks fucking great on the OLED.

I think the skeptic will realize very soon the juggernaut that this game will be in sales. It's open world Pokémon, ffs.

My initial prediction was between BDSP and SwSh, but it might surpass SwSh depending on when Nintendo announces their next console.

My copy has been out for delivery for two and a half hours. 🥲 Please I just want to throw Pokeballs and dodge roll.

Played today for 6 hours. Very fun game. Pokemon research is much less grindy than expected. It's enough to catch pokemon a few times and battle a few times. Game looks good, sometimes even great. Performance docked is bad in some areas, handheld is much better. Music is great.

Distinguished guests...

54412b3abe236561ffbeb5c48b747cbc00e6bcc9.jpg

The eagle has landed.

Guys this fucking game is literally UNPLAYABLE. The Pokemon aren't animated at all, they really look like just PNG's, and the environment is all flat 2D images. They try to go for this anime artstyle but the lighting is like it's covered in vaseline or plastic wrap. And I can't even play it! You see all these cool images of starters and riding Pokémon, but there is literally nothing going on in this game! It's the worst Pokémon that I haven't played yet!

I mean, just look at this screenshot! It's literally UNPLAYABLE!
O1kMU6k.jpeg

I just picked the game up, and it's not playable because it's not opened yet! I am looking forward to playing later tonight.

Initial impressions after 3 hours of game time:

Not the most technically impressive game I’ve seen, but it’s Pokemon and that’s not what you’re here for.

The initial hand-holdy tutorial/narrative is about 40 minutes long but the first couple of hours afterwards in general feel like a less guided tutorial increasingly introducing mechanics new and unique to PLA.

In some ways, it feels like Game Freak listened to feedback to the Let’s Go games. Without spoiling anything, you are incentivized to catch many Pokémon, even of the same species.

If you’ve played Monster Hunter Stories, you’ll feel at home with the structure - get missions in town and from town you can go out to the field. I’m only in the first area, but it looks like there will be several.

Honestly, it’s taking me a weird time getting used to some of the controls. The menus are all on the D-Pad and decades of Pokemon keeps having me press + or Y.

The sound design and music are absolutely amazing. The art style is incredible. The gameplay is fun.

I honestly with it had gyro controls for aiming the Pokeballs. That’s a minor let down. It’s all right joystick.

You have to turn up the motion sensitivity in the settings

Thank you! I must have missed this when I ran through the settings earlier looking for it. This will be a game changer.

One other thing that keeps blowing my mind is the seemless integration of battles into the overworld. I keep forgetting I can just go after the battle.

Perhaps I'm glad I checked this thread before playing, I'm glad to know there's a gyro setting. Kinda surprised they never mentioned that in prerelease, unless I missed something.

When you open the settings, and go to Communications, you should see a button for "Lost & Found" and "Mystery Gifts " , and underneath those you have to option to turn on your Internet Connection + also toggle "Automatically Connect" on.
You have to do that manually iirc.

So after that just click on "Lost and Found" and you should automatically get the option to send the satchel back to whomever it belongs! Atleast that's what I hope does the trick. XD

Here's a video. For context, Auto-connect is on, and I've been connected while going in and out of Jubilife. I even rebooted the game.

I'm pressing A on the satchels and nothing happens. If I press Y to check records, and then keep trying to select the satchels, now they "bump" as if they're being selected but still nothing happens

Here's a video. For context, Auto-connect is on, and I've been connected while going in and out of Jubilife. I even rebooted the game.

I'm pressing A on the satchels and nothing happens. If I press Y to check records, and then keep trying to select the satchels, now they "bump" as if they're being selected but still nothing happens

Might be a bug.

Ooohh that means you haven't found those satchels yet! So if you open your map in the field , you'll see the locations of those 2 specific satchels!
And when you grab them you'll be able to send them back from wherever you are, you don't need to go this this npc every time either!

Ooohh that means you haven't found those satchels yet! So if you open your map in the field , you'll see the locations of those 2 specific satchels!
And when you grab them you'll be able to send them back from wherever you are, you don't need to go this this npc every time either!

Oh my god thank you, I had no clue that's what it mean. Lol.

I was confused because I know I haven't picked up any satchels, but I figured since they were in my Lost & Found menu I already "retrieved" them.

Thanks. I feel stupid lol

Sounds like there are a lot of new elements introduced in PLA even for series veterans. @bellydrum would you mind collecting some posts and make a threadmark? At least I think relevant ones are:
  • Lost and Found satchels and evo item trading as online features.
  • Quest marking.
  • Effort points as a replacement for EV (not sure if IV is replaced as well).
  • Fast travel (press X on minimaps).
  • First person view when no mons in focus for screenshots.
  • Gyro controls for throwing pokeballs (turning up gyro sensitivity in settings).

Well, Amazon just confirmed to me that the delivery is running behind, and it'll now come either tomorrow or Sunday. First game they haven't delivered on release date for me since Advanced Warfare.
Ah well, I'll just live vicariously through all of you until my copy arrives!

I haven't played yet, but is this this significantly different from the gen 7/8 replacements for fly? IIRC SwSh gave plenty of quick travel points.
Yeah in someway they are the replacement for fly. The control scheme however is a tadbit different, and you can even do fast travel between places in Jubilife village as well, just like Kamura village in MH Rise.

Sounds like there are a lot of new elements introduced in PLA even for series veterans. @bellydrum would you mind collecting some posts and make a threadmark? At least I think relevant ones are:
  • Lost and Found satchels and evo item trading as online features.
  • Quest marking.
  • Effort points as a replacement for EV (not sure if IV is replaced as well).
  • Fast travel (press X on minimaps).
  • First person view when no mons in focus for screenshots.
  • Gyro controls for throwing pokeballs (turning up gyro sensitivity in settings).
This is a great idea, I'll put something together tonight. Probably a threadmarked post as well as copy it into the OP.

This game is so good, do you think well a sales tweet next week?

I'm so excited by the idea of having this kind of gameplay with this lovely open areas being the routes between towns. At the very minimum they need to keep the throwing pokeballs/pokemon it's SO satisfying.

This game is so good, do you think well a sales tweet next week?

I'm so excited by the idea of having this kind of gameplay with this lovely open areas being the routes between towns. At the very minimum they need to keep the throwing pokeballs/pokemon it's SO satisfying.
I just went to two separate retailers and both were sold out, so that bodes well. Maybe we won’t get PR, but then again Nintendo’s financial results are coming next week, so maybe they’ll give it a mention if it’s especially notable.

This is a great idea, I'll put something together tonight. Probably a threadmarked post as well as copy it into the OP.
there are a lot of combat differences like
  • stat changing is temporary
  • status affliction is temporary
  • new status afflictions like drowsy and frostbitten
  • new weather effects (bright sun gives all grass pokemon chlorophyll-like effect)

NPC’s in every other Pokémon: Pokémon are our friends! I love Pokémon :)

NPC’s in Legends: Pokémon will fucking kill you. They will fuck you up.

Back
Top Bottom