• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Spoiler Pokémon Legends Arceus Leaks/Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate to be such a downer about Pokemon all the time... But a lot of those new forms are pretty weak, especially the starter evos. I liked the alt forms they had shown pre release but man a lot of these just do not work for me, and the arceus forms are atrocious. Big step down from Sword/Shield which had really stellar designs all around imo. Some of the other things about the game are looking promising at least though

CE953A39-DFB2-4FE6-9621-B31159FA8B5C.png

New Ursaring looks fucking perfect lmao

I love him

The og Ursaring, which is why this one has them.
Lol, yep I just checked, my one in Go is bright green so I was thinking it wasn't a bear.

Dusknoir also has some funky rectangle fingers and collar bit but it they aren't thin like Ursarings

By my count there's 26 new Pokémon or regional forms. Do we think there's going to be any others you can ride besides Basculegion, the deer one, and Braviary?

EDIT: 27, actually. And Basculegion has two forms

Last edited:
I wanna know what drugs the designers were taking when they made these designs lmao. Some of them are fire but man the bad ones are so bad. Palkia and Dialga look like they digivolved lol

I will say though, I still like having new variations of old Pokemon and they should never stop doing it.

I would love some info about the new mons' stats, and also how stats work in this game lol

By my count there's 26 new Pokémon or regional forms. Do we think there's going to be any others you can ride besides Basculegion, the deer one, and Braviary?
From earlier leaks we know the Sneasel Evo is used for climbing. Since I feel like there should be 5 ride Pokémon (since there are five major areas), maybe Ursaring Evo for something like a Strength or Burrow thing?

From earlier leaks we know the Sneasel Evo is used for climbing. Since I feel like there should be 5 ride Pokémon (since there are five major areas), maybe Ursaring Evo for something like a Strength or Burrow thing?
Yeah, I was considering that. I don't think necessarily there needs to be one ride Pokémon per area since it seems like they're more covering ground/water/air/climbing, but maybe they'd do a fifth one which was similar to another one just for a little more variety

H-Arcanine seems like an obvious riding candidate, though I don't know what it would offer that Wyrdeer doesn't.

I'm very curious how shiny hunting is going to be. Like do we still have to deal with them idiotically hiding shiny forms in the overworld?

I'm very curious how shiny hunting is going to be. Like do we still have to deal with them idiotically hiding shiny forms in the overworld?
I really doubt it. The transition between overworld and battling is very seamless - suddenly having the Pokémon sparkle and change color would be quite jarring

I have a feeling it was the way it was in SwSh because there was a mix of overworld and random encounters, and they didn't want to make shiny hunting easier or harder for Pokémon which are overworld more or less often (or not at all)

Personally really dislike the rendering style for the sprites in PLA. These sprites were just ripped from the PC menu and they just look so off to me, like poorly lit plastic figurines. They looked bad in the trailers and they still look bad here ripped out of the game. They don't suit the actual look of the world.

Hisuian Typhlosion is my favourite new design. It's more in line with Quilava, which I like. You can see looking at the markings around the purple fur that it actually has a collar of flames, or maybe more of a mane. Not sure how that'll look when turned on.

I love H-Voltorb but Electrode looks so boring, and the cartoon mouth no longer suits it, so I'll call that out as my biggest disappointment.

These leaks have vindicated Khu. He teased the time travelling and mentioned the catch-everything requirement for Arceus, and of course all of the forms he leaked are right there in the game. So with that in mind, here are some other things he has said over the last couple of hours, plus other tweets connected to recent leaks:
  • He gets into the dex count here. There are 242 Pokémon in the game if you missed that earlier.
  • Related to the above, we know that Porygon and Scizor are in the game now. He previously suggested that a Wormhole-like feature would be used to catch Pokémon like that or with forms inaccessible in Hisui, as well as the starters.
  • Basculin's new form is not (technically?) a Hisuian variant. It's a new stripe, and only the stripe can evolve. The two Basculegion designs are gender differences.
  • Alolan Vulpix is encountered through a research quest (so is Shiny Ponyta), and that's why its sprite is in the files.
"All three dragons are the key to the story, DP as the final bosses when you hit the story climax, while G is a badass in post game."
"Volo team in post game: Spiritomb, Roserade, Togekiss, a new form/poke, a new form/poke (yeah no our boy Garchomp) annnnnnnd…
Yeah, he would pair with the freaking powerful legendary Pokémon Giratina which could be the most epic battle involving both trainer and Pokémon at the same time in entire Pokémon history, pretty hard, a mix with turn-based and action elements."

Okay so apparently red leaves Decidueye is actually the base form and not the shiny. This is a game changer.

Idk how to post images but... just go look at the chubby boy swamp bender from atla and look at hisuian decidueye... they're the same..
Why have they treated my edgy son this way??

Quoted by: Leo
Idk how to post images but... just go look at the chubby boy swamp bender from atla and look at hisuian decidueye... they're the same..
Why have they treated my edgy son this way??

It actually reminded me of Sigmeyer of Catarina from Dark Souls.

Typhlosion, what have they done to my boy?
Most of these new forms/Pokémon are pretty ugly man. And is the story a time travel thing or isekai?

Somehow these leaks are getting me even more excited for the game. It was the opposite for Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl. Had no hype for Arceus and now I have a ton, had a bunch of hype for BDSP but had none at release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom