• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a new pokemon comes out there really isn't any option but in a remake's case there is. And in this case the originals could well be a better option in every way if you're going just for the adventure mode. Before these remakes were anounced I was already contemplating on getting Pokemon Platinum. Some told me that it is much better than DP.

Last edited:
When a new pokemon comes out there really isn't any option but in a remake's case there is. And in this case the originals could well be a better option in every way this time if you're going just for the adventure mode. So yes there is an option. Before these remakes were anounced I was already contemplating on getting Pokemon Platinum. Some told me that they are much better than DP.
The original Diamond and Pearl? Hell no, those games aged damn horribly. Platinum is MUCH better though, that’s right.

Honestly, I don't necessarily mind the absence of Platinum's story content. The main improvements it really had were stuff like increasing the game speed, adding more mons to the regional dex, and other bugfixes. The Distortion World has literally never been interesting to me (oh boy, strength puzzles and waterfalls, plus another fight with Cyrus). As long as the actual fixes carry over, I'll probably be fine. Especially the game speed thing, as even Platinum and HGSS are just too slow. Everything feels like you're underwater.

Honestly, I don't necessarily mind the absence of Platinum's story content. The main improvements it really had were stuff like increasing the game speed, adding more mons to the regional dex, and other bugfixes. The Distortion World has literally never been interesting to me (oh boy, strength puzzles and waterfalls, plus another fight with Cyrus). As long as the actual fixes carry over, I'll probably be fine. Especially the game speed thing, as even Platinum and HGSS are just too slow. Everything feels like you're underwater.
Game speed is definitely significantly imprvoed, I remember footage of the health bar draining and it was almost instant, probably a response to the long health bar drains in OG gen 4

Game speed is definitely significantly imprvoed, I remember footage of the health bar draining and it was almost instant, probably a response to the long health bar drains in OG gen 4
Stuff like that, as well as the menus looking significantly faster to move through is a understated improvement in my eyes. Playing through SoulSilver, and navigating menus is just so slow, the bag in particular.

They're not even including all the QoL fixes from Platinum. For example, the Pokétch back button is missing for some reason.

Essentially

1324596542030_7713053.png
You ever go back to the older games/versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom