• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Pikmin 4 |ST| In Development and Very Close to Completion

What's your favorite Pikmin game before 4?

• Pikmin

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • Pikmin 2

Votes: 31 18.5%
  • Pikmin 3

Votes: 97 57.7%
  • Pikmin Bloom

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Hey! Pikmin (why would you pick this?)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I’ve never played Pikmin before

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
Ok. All done except for a little clean up of basic side quests and the
sage challenges

I’ve got gripes. Onions should be unlocked earlier and more consistently. Pikmin type limit shouldn’t be at 3. And certain unlocks should’ve been scrapped completely, while others should’ve been unlocked 3/4 of the way through, not at the very end. But it’s probably the best game Nintendo has put out since Mario odyssey, which is an easy top ten for me.

First is that it’s obviously tons of fun. But also it’s great to have a game that feels like it came from an older era in terms of structure and content. It’s a solid length, lots of variety, it has a lot of side content not locked behind dlc, and it’s reasonable to 100%, which I always love. I don’t need to 100% a game, and it’s easy for me to ignore it in games that make it a dumb slog. But I also come from the days of n64 games, so I appreciate it when 100% was a normal part of the package.

There’s also a good balance of freedom and structure. It’s not a bloated open world game, but also feels worth its asking price, with a decent budget. I don’t like waiting ten years for any game, but it’s nice to see that this one was worth the wait. It could’ve easily been half the length with significantly less in it given the series history. And the good thing about my gripes is that they’ll be less annoying on a replay. Time to watch speedruns.

Enjoying taking my time with this. Maybe it's because I'm in a false sense of security but it does get hard in some points. Oatchi is overpowered but in the good way. Can't wait to see him and Moss in the newly announced Smash.

Edit: Definitely agree that it feels like a game from an older era (in a good way). It's a big game and doesn't feel like a handheld game on the big screen, but it somehow feels smaller than something like TotK. Very refreshing for a 3D game.

Definitely wouldn't say it has no good music. But the overworld music for the first 3 areas is a bit disappointing and lacking the jingle that areas have had in prior games. Thankfully the areas after that improve a bit.

Didn’t soemone here say they datamined the demo and none of the music got anymore melodic than the terrace? Wth was that cause the terrace is by far the least melodic song in the game outside of caves.

Didn’t soemone here say they datamined the demo and none of the music got anymore melodic than the terrace? Wth was that cause the terrace is by far the least melodic song in the game outside of caves.
That was me, sort of? And I mostly stand by my "findings."

I didn't datamine it, I flipped through the results of a datamine. There were 100s of tracks, so I only played the longer ones, which were never melodic except for returning tracks and mostly seemed like fragments, but since none of those fragments were very substantial either I figured it didn't matter much.

The full game is not really very different from what I heard there. The area themes get slightly more involved than the terrace, in that they have more than one instrument for example, but there still isn't really much of any melodic or highly noticeable music (not helped by how quiet in the mix it always is) during gameplay except to reference past games. Mostly in the post-game mode. I actually did like the area 3 theme from that, although it's not even fully original since it incorporates Distant Spring.

In regards to the video, that was a great moment that was scored perfectly, but I would hesitate to even really call it music? It's more like it's just the sounds the creature makes. It's definitely not good music outside of the context of where it's used in the game.

I think all of the creatures sort of emit "music" like that actually, which is a neat touch and very Pikmin but was not worth giving up on real area music entirely. Especially because I never even heard it while I was playing, only when I watched a speedrun with headphones on. Again, music is weirdly quiet.

Question about the engulfed castle in the Serene Shores.

Is there any way to predict when the waterwraith will show up on each floor? I missed a bunch of treasure on the first floor and ultimately decided to leave. I looked up some strategies, so I will try it again later, but it sounds like the waterwraith timing is kind of random.

Question about the engulfed castle in the Serene Shores.

Is there any way to predict when the waterwraith will show up on each floor? I missed a bunch of treasure on the first floor and ultimately decided to leave. I looked up some strategies, so I will try it again later, but it sounds like the waterwraith timing is kind of random.
Around five minutes or so, I believe.

It's been since, like, tuesday I didn't play the game. Because I did everything I could, with every plat on dandori things, jeez I even play the dandori battle from the title screen to unlock all the maps lmao.
I'm so down since, because that was so great and I tried to play a few games but... Yeah, I think I just want to play Pikmin now. And that's terrible because I already did every other games in the series before 4 came out.
I think I'll just start a new game of Pikmin 4 lol

Well I just finished getting all the platinum medals, so now I've done everything in the game. I have to think about it more, but sadly I think this is my least favorite of the main games. Just exploring the main areas and playing the actual game is mostly still the same Pikmin I love, but this game has a lot of annoyances for how I play these games that added up into an experience where the second half of my playthrough had just as much frustration.

Okay, looking at other people fight the final boss, I realize that the phase I had the most problems with wasn't the one that most people struggled against.
It didn't occur to me that I could just rush the electric hairballs to destroy them, so I spent that phase desperately jumping and weaving my way through the electric fields. That was the part I was referring to when talking about my resets earlier. The final phase with the instant death gloom gave me little issue, so seeing videos of people nearly wipe to it took me off-guard (and made me laugh).

Just rolled the credits for the first time.

What a game. Straight to the top of the best switch games, and I think I'm still in for much more from what I quickly checked. Utterly formidable, no 15 minutes go by where I don't think about this game at least once

Speaking of Tinykin, if you haven't played it yet, consider doing so because it's a MASTERPIECE. Behind the apparent similarities between Pikmin and Tinykin, these are not the same kind of games, Tinykin being more of a platformer with the "Spyro spirit", but it works so well, it feels so good playing it and you can tell the devs have put all their talent and love into it. It's truly a gem.

I've got a of question to those doing post-game stuff.

What pace should I be aiming for in the Olimar quest? Is two ship parts per day sustainable until the end? Or are there parts down the line that consume more time?

Last edited:
That was me, sort of? And I mostly stand by my "findings."

I didn't datamine it, I flipped through the results of a datamine. There were 100s of tracks, so I only played the longer ones, which were never melodic except for returning tracks and mostly seemed like fragments, but since none of those fragments were very substantial either I figured it didn't matter much.

The full game is not really very different from what I heard there. The area themes get slightly more involved than the terrace, in that they have more than one instrument for example, but there still isn't really much of any melodic or highly noticeable music (not helped by how quiet in the mix it always is) during gameplay except to reference past games. Mostly in the post-game mode. I actually did like the area 3 theme from that, although it's not even fully original since it incorporates Distant Spring.

In regards to the video, that was a great moment that was scored perfectly, but I would hesitate to even really call it music? It's more like it's just the sounds the creature makes. It's definitely not good music outside of the context of where it's used in the game.

I think all of the creatures sort of emit "music" like that actually, which is a neat touch and very Pikmin but was not worth giving up on real area music entirely. Especially because I never even heard it while I was playing, only when I watched a speedrun with headphones on. Again, music is weirdly quiet.
I mean with most creature yeah but the thing is literally a walking disco so I think it’s different in this case

Also final boss music goes hard

I've got a of question to those doing post-game stuff.

What pace should I be aiming for in the Olimar quest? Is two ship parts per day sustainable until the end? Or are there parts down the line that consume more time?
I think I got all the parts in the final area in a single day, so definitely not the latter lol. Two a day should be fine.

I’ve been juggling this and Remnant 2 to play that coop with a friend who has it, but good lord every time I pick this up I’m just in awe

Literally best case scenario I could have imagined for a pikmin sequel on Switch. Outstanding.

Ok got platinum on all the
sage trials
. That stuff was very fun. You gotta be on top of your game, and know a bunch of tricks. Very happy with how far they push the systems in the optional stuff. I do not like what’s locked behind doing all the optional stuff though. All that stuff should’ve been unlocked more naturally throughout the main game.

Ok got platinum on all the
sage trials
. That stuff was very fun. You gotta be on top of your game, and know a bunch of tricks. Very happy with how far they push the systems in the optional stuff. I do not like what’s locked behind doing all the optional stuff though. All that stuff should’ve been unlocked more naturally throughout the main game.
Im hesitant to let the two most powerful types have their onions come up in a more "natural" way, The Sage's trials are technically the best way to unlock them IMO, however my issues with these stem from the fact that you kind of need to do both Olimar's tale and then these intesive trials right away to get the most use out of these onions, and that can be a very frustrating experience to be thrown into the deep end in order to maximize the effeciency and playtime you get with Purple and Whites, and thats if you even know you get them from doing these. I have to wonder how many players see the true ending only to find out there are purple and white onions depending on the cinematic near the end only to go back and get them and have nothing to use them for besides a sliver of treasure and maybe some castaways

While I genuinely liked Pikmin 4 I can't say I share a lot of peoples sentiment on how great it is. It suffers a lot from how there's kind of little to no reason to go back and use pikmin like in previous games when you can easily clean out an area without needing to go to a new area. Having every Pikmin type plus a couple new ones means the balance is a bit wacky too I think, even though I prefer this since I don't want Purples and Whites to be relegated to a challenge mode like in 3.

There are probably like 80 nitpicks I could make too but I'm not as analytically strong as some people here and Im gonna worsen my RSI just typing this out!

finished the main story for real today with everyone rescued/cured and (frustratingly!) all but one treasure—such a great game. total play time is a little over 27 hours which is absolutely nuts for a pikmin game.

truthfully it might be a bit too long, but the way it’s structured means it can be replayed in a succinct way like the other games, either by just playing to the credits or by just playing the post-game side mode

I used rewind only during a couple catastrophic moments and thus will not share my deceased pikmin count lmao. but despite enemies going down a bit too quickly it’s nowhere near as easy as 3 which is a welcome change. it’s actually got a nice gradual difficulty curve over the course of the game, which feels kind of rare from nintendo these days!

and yes, I’ve still got a few quibbles (NPCs always chiming in with on-screen text, pointless “side missions”, relatively few new large creatures, some other stuff) but if this is the direction the series is headed I really cannot complain. I just hope it’s not another decade before we get to play a new one!!

Im hesitant to let the two most powerful types have their onions come up in a more "natural" way, The Sage's trials are technically the best way to unlock them IMO, however my issues with these stem from the fact that you kind of need to do both Olimar's tale and then these intesive trials right away to get the most use out of these onions, and that can be a very frustrating experience to be thrown into the deep end in order to maximize the effeciency and playtime you get with Purple and Whites, and thats if you even know you get them from doing these. I have to wonder how many players see the true ending only to find out there are purple and white onions depending on the cinematic near the end only to go back and get them and have nothing to use them for besides a sliver of treasure and maybe some castaways

While I genuinely liked Pikmin 4 I can't say I share a lot of peoples sentiment on how great it is. It suffers a lot from how there's kind of little to no reason to go back and use pikmin like in previous games when you can easily clean out an area without needing to go to a new area. Having every Pikmin type plus a couple new ones means the balance is a bit wacky too I think, even though I prefer this since I don't want Purples and Whites to be relegated to a challenge mode like in 3.

There are probably like 80 nitpicks I could make too but I'm not as analytically strong as some people here and Im gonna worsen my RSI just typing this out!

They should’ve just put them in the final stage hidden behind difficult challenges or bosses or caves. Having them in a mode that 99% of players will do last or not at all is pointless. It might be a decent reward if there was something like new game plus.

One person’s problem is another person’s perk. I love collecting everything before moving on; it’s one of a million reasons Banjo-Kazooie is better than Banjo-Tooie.

They should’ve just put them in the final stage hidden behind difficult challenges or bosses or caves. Having them in a mode that 99% of players will do last or not at all is pointless. It might be a decent reward if there was something like new game plus.
That's an even worse solution. What would be the point? They already have several upgrades locked behind requirements that merit the game being nearly or totally complete to begin with, (a maddening design decision to me already, the likes of which I feel barely belongs in games anymore that exists due to JRPGS giving out funny rewards like that for the hardest challenges) so why not make a couple more toys pointless is your idea? At least those who are willing to push themselves early get these nice rewards for the rest of what small chunks of thr game is left, and come out with a hopefully better understanding of how to Dandori/Plan out. And theoretically, replays benefit from this knowledge and can get it near ASAP at least, despite my misgivings about it.

I still think it should be more clear that those rewards are waiting for them however, I shouldn't have to be informed by my best friend or a guide that
White and Purple Onions
are rewards for some of the games hardest challenges just so I can get mileage out of them though since its something I've wanted for a long time.

They are only really super hard if you are going for Platinum IMO, they are actually very doable if you don't care and just wanna complete them

Does the Shipwreck Tale cover all areas of the game or just the first 4? Don't wanna spoil myself ahead of time

One person’s problem is another person’s perk. I love collecting everything before moving on; it’s one of a million reasons Banjo-Kazooie is better than Banjo-Tooie.
This is fine to a small degree, but in practice it near completely devalues getting onions and coming back to later areas to explore with new varied pikmin squads, a major part of previous pikmin games which allowed for areas to be revisited and expanded upon in an organic way.

Or rather it would be if there was any reason to, since as established we can basically strip nearly everything of value from an area before moving. The game doesn't leverage having access to specific pikmin types opening up the game anymore, or not nearly as often as I'd like.

What if someones a fan of Winged pikmin and their ability to bypass obstacles? You could potentially try and wait till you find their onion to get a nice chunky squad of them for an easier time carrying a bunch of things, but for those of us who know where it is that seems unreasonable, so our next best bet is to resort to candybuds

While slightly more reasonable since caves let you net a lot more wild pikmin this game, at that point you are delving into caves and getting as much as you can anyways to progress, you'd have to deliberately be missing things just to get some use out of them im the overworld when its probably not that hard to find a solution with whatever the game is giving you early on, and chances are they aren't gonna be the gamechanger to begin with. This is probably a consequence of having every pikmin type +2 I feel, its much harder to design a winding game to go back and forth through accounting for all the specialties each pikmin has and how that can gate progress meaningfully.

For the TL;dr the way the game gives you access to both pikmin and onions, combined with how you can go about grabbing nearly everything you see with little to no trouble shows a lack of clever or organic game design that in my opinion previous pikmin games tended to have more of.

That's an even worse solution. What would be the point? They already have several upgrades locked behind requirements that merit the game being nearly or totally complete to begin with, (a maddening design decision to me already, the likes of which I feel barely belongs in games anymore that exists due to JRPGS giving out funny rewards like that for the hardest challenges) so why not make a couple more toys pointless is your idea? At least those who are willing to push themselves early get these nice rewards for the rest of what small chunks of thr game is left, and come out with a hopefully better understanding of how to Dandori/Plan out. And theoretically, replays benefit from this knowledge and can get it near ASAP at least, despite my misgivings about it.

I still think it should be more clear that those rewards are waiting for them however, I shouldn't have to be informed by my best friend or a guide that
White and Purple Onions
are rewards for some of the games hardest challenges just so I can get mileage out of them though since its something I've wanted for a long time.
Yes, that’s the point I’m making. It’s a bad progression system. What you’ll get when, what order you should do things in so you don’t get useless gear. The way it’s set up the vast majority of players will get worthwhile stuff too late. It shouldn’t function like it currently does at all.

You can nitpick the exact timing of things if you want, I don’t personally think that’s super important.

Yes, that’s the point I’m making. It’s a bad progression system. What you’ll get when, what order you should do things in so you don’t get useless gear. The way it’s set up the vast majority of players will get worthwhile stuff too late. It shouldn’t function like it currently does at all.

You can nitpick the exact timing of things if you want, I don’t personally think that’s super important.
Yeah I agree for the most part, its just specifically the handling of Purples and Whites thats tricky and that I can't endorse in your previous post because they're so valuable for differing reasons. You could argue White Pikmin have maybe a moderately less useful qualities but never underestimate speedier transportation, especially in a game going on about Dandori.

But both have value that makes their accessability difficult to manage in general which is why they never had onions in 2, so where they belong and why is an argument that could go on for ages, and I've probably said all I needed to on the matter for today.

This is fine to a small degree, but in practice it near completely devalues getting onions and coming back to later areas to explore with new varied pikmin squads, a major part of previous pikmin games which allowed for areas to be revisited and expanded upon in an organic way.

Or rather it would be if there was any reason to, since as established we can basically strip nearly everything of value from an area before moving. The game doesn't leverage having access to specific pikmin types opening up the game anymore, or not nearly as often as I'd like.

What if someones a fan of Winged pikmin and their ability to bypass obstacles? You could potentially try and wait till you find their onion to get a nice chunky squad of them for an easier time carrying a bunch of things, but for those of us who know where it is that seems unreasonable, so our next best bet is to resort to candybuds

While slightly more reasonable since caves let you net a lot more wild pikmin this game, at that point you are delving into caves and getting as much as you can anyways to progress, you'd have to deliberately be missing things just to get some use out of them im the overworld when its probably not that hard to find a solution with whatever the game is giving you early on, and chances are they aren't gonna be the gamechanger to begin with. This is probably a consequence of having every pikmin type +2 I feel, its much harder to design a winding game to go back and forth through accounting for all the specialties each pikmin has and how that can gate progress meaningfully.

For the TL;dr the way the game gives you access to both pikmin and onions, combined with how you can go about grabbing nearly everything you see with little to no trouble shows a lack of clever or organic game design that in my opinion previous pikmin games tended to have more of.
I think this overstates how much this happens in previous games. It takes just a couple of sessions to get blue Pikmin in Pikmin 1, and after that you can do everything everywhere (all at once). It's basically the same in Pikmin 2.

I can't really remember how it worked in 3, though.

Anyways, I just disagree that it's a big deal, as it wasn't a big part of (most of) the previous games (except maybe 3, which is my least favorite anyways).

I can't really remember how it worked in 3, though.
Same thing really, except the game outright tells you to return to Tropical Wilds and Garden of Hope as part of the narrative. Distant Tundra and Twilight River can be done without having to backtrack from other areas, and of course the final area (Formidable Oak) is just that.

So an optimal playthrough where you collect everything before moving on is TW -> GoH -> DT -> TW -> TR -> GoH -> FO.

I'm almost at the end. Pikmin is my favorite series, but I know by now not to get too excited about a new game in a long loving franchise where my favorite entry is the first one. So far I've gone from:

Borderline disliking the demo - > tolerating the demo - > enjoying the game for what it is - > loving how much more it is that it seems at first - > thinking that that despite its flaws this is more than I could have hoped for after 10 years - > eagerly anticipating what hard mode/mission mode DLC will do

I've always said each Pikmin game has one quality that it excels at which makes it arguably the best in the series-- for Pikmin 4 it's that it knows Pikmin games are good and it knows owning a dog is good. That's enough to make it arguably the best in the series on its own, but a certain section at the end makes me think the DLC will really impress the people who really want a challenge or don't like dogs.

I wonder what theyll do for Pikmin 5 with this rebooted universe. Will they bring the Pikmin 3 captains in again? 3 dogs?

I'm almost at the end. Pikmin is my favorite series, but I know by now not to get too excited about a new game in a long loving franchise where my favorite entry is the first one. So far I've gone from:

Borderline disliking the demo - > tolerating the demo - > enjoying the game for what it is - > loving how much more it is that it seems at first - > thinking that that despite its flaws this is more than I could have hoped for after 10 years - > eagerly anticipating what hard mode/mission mode DLC will do

I've always said each Pikmin game has one quality that it excels at which makes it arguably the best in the series-- for Pikmin 4 it's that it knows Pikmin games are good and it knows owning a dog is good. That's enough to make it arguably the best in the series on its own, but a certain section at the end makes me think the DLC will really impress the people who really want a challenge or don't like dogs.

I wonder what theyll do for Pikmin 5 with this rebooted universe. Will they bring the Pikmin 3 captains in again? 3 dogs?
The biggest commendation you can give this game is that it actually made you change your avatar.

The game is definitely beefier than I expected. Thought I'd finish tonight but just one more thing thrown at me that I'll need tomorrow to do. This is by far my favorite Pikmin game. I don't even know if there will be DLC cause it feels like it's already in the game but I'm down for more Pikmin.

I continue to be blown away by the scope of this game. It really is as meaty as taking the first 3 Pikmin games combined. Nintendo definitely gave Pikmin the A-list franchise treatment in terms of scope here.

Also the timing of the Pikmin 1 & 2 re-release was incredibly smart given how you can appreciate a lot of the callbacks to those games so much more.

I think I beat it, is there any else to do I'm missing?

• Curing Oatchi.
  • Beating Olimar's tale.
  • Beating the Leaf Sage challenges.

I've 100% all areas, but I'm not interested in completionist challenges like getting platinum medals in all challenges or stuff like that. I'll certainly replay some challenges where I got bronze medals but I'm not going to bang my head against a wall to turn a gold into a platinum...

I loved
Olimar's tale
, specially how streamlined it was; It was straight to the point with minimal interruptions, the whole game should've been more like this. I will surely replay it to try to cut down my time, it was amazing. The
Leaf Sage
challenges where a bit more mixed, some were incredible but others felt a bit cheap/unbalanced, like the one in which you have to kill 100 enemies.

I'm debating whether on getting Pikmin 1+2 or 3Deluxe...I already played vanilla 3 when it came out on WiiU, but I never got the DLC (I thought it oly had coop content) and I haven't touched the game since I first beat it (it's been 10 years already?!?), so it would feel fresh and with enough new content I hope. Or should I get 1+2 which I have never played? What do you guys recommend?

Final thoughts on the game:
  • The main campaign should've punished you more for losing Pikmin. It wasn't until the second or third areas that I really started to approach combat more strategically, up until that point rushing enemies worked just too well.
  • It should also try to force you to work apart from Oatchi much earlier in the game, most of the time, specially in caves I was just riding him. The levels where the game forces you to work apart, but places some hard locks where you must specifically use Oatchi or you character are superb.
  • I know that the game has to accomodate a lot of different types of players and that it has to teach a ton of stuff, so the 2 points above aren't really that severe, as it's true that there's a nice curve of dificulty where you will eventually have to push yourself.
  • The user experience is horrendous with many back-to-back interruptions, 5 second cutscenes, dialogs...Yeah you can skip all of them, but you have to do it manually for each of them, so everytime you end a day you have to go through a sequence of several loading screens + 6 or 7 individual instances of skipping stuff. Definitely the worst part of the game. It's very bad, because I would love to replay the game from the very beginning seeing how I've improved and how much I could reduce the number of days used, but I'm dreading having to mash "+" and "A" a thousand of times again.
  • The level/challenge design is absolutely incredible. The moment when you finally wrap your head around a Dandori challenge and you start playing with the level while you are coordinating 5 or 6 different activities at the same time is mindblowing.
  • It's also incredibly satisfying to see how you improve and how the way in which you explore new areas changes, subconsciously strategizing many steps and doing in one day what took you 3 or 4 just a couple of real-time days before.
  • Night expeditions recontextualize the level and your skills and force you to use them in a completely new way, as well as to watch the level in a different manner. I love getting stomped the first 2 or 3 times in the hardest ones, but when I finally beat all creatures it felt almost easy, like when you conquer a hard boss in a Souls game and you have internalized its moveset so much that it didn't even graze you.
  • Even with the weak spots I mentioned, it's an absolutely stellar game. I feel like the Pikmin formula has been pushed to the limit with the many different Pikmin types, enemy strategies, environmental obstacles, situations that can be presented when accounting (or not) for Oatchi and his abbilities...But then the Dandori Battles, Challenges and Night expeditions push it even further. It's a joy to play and it will always push you to play "one more day/night", or to try one last time to get a Platinum medal in a challenge, or to try another strategy in a Dandori battle...
  • Superb game.

I would recommend all three of course. If you liked Olimar's Tale and want to feel punished for losing Pikmin, it's hard to go wrong with 1 + 2.

Final thoughts on the game:
  • The main campaign should've punished you more for losing Pikmin. It wasn't until the second or third areas that I really started to approach combat more strategically, up until that point rushing enemies worked just too well..
This has always been a problem for the series - how much of a problem is up to personal preference. The only game to really attempt and make the individual units more meaningful is 2: Caves were more brutal so losing too many Pikmin while spelunking could be calamitous, and Purple/White were especially limited by the amount of Candypop Flowers.

To its credit, Pikmin 4 does make losing certain types more impactful with the way the onions are handled.

I'm debating whether on getting Pikmin 1+2 or 3Deluxe...I already played vanilla 3 when it came out on WiiU, but I never got the DLC (I thought it oly had coop content) and I haven't touched the game since I first beat it (it's been 10 years already?!?), so it would feel fresh and with enough new content I hope. Or should I get 1+2 which I have never played? What do you guys recommend?
The new side stories in 3 Deluxe are honestly pretty weak. It’s Pikmin so its fun but it is entirely linear. Replaying 3 in the lead up to 4 was good fun though.

Given the part of 4 you liked you should check out 1 - it’s essentially the same thing but a bit harder since you don’t have a dog.

Back
Top Bottom