• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Picross S+ announced, bringing all 9 Picross e games to Nintendo Switch (out now!)

here's a chart for all the bonus puzzles and which DLC unlocks them (source)

W1GbcWN.png

the base game and each of the DLCs unlock 7 puzzles, but then randomly e3 unlocks 14

edit: the twitter user points out that this is likely to make up for the fact that e3 does not have micross/clip mode.

Hello! I'm the person who made that Twitter thread so I'm really glad to see a community of people here that enjoyed it :)

I really appreciate that mazi shared the content of those tweets since it's so stupid that you can't look at them without an account anymore,
However, one thing they left out was the Sanrio Characters Picross image itself, so I thought I'd share it here for you all.
GHeplfQWMAAznzy

Hello! I'm the person who made that Twitter thread so I'm really glad to see a community of people here that enjoyed it :)

I really appreciate that mazi shared the content of those tweets since it's so stupid that you can't look at them without an account anymore,
However, one thing they left out was the Sanrio Characters Picross image itself, so I thought I'd share it here for you all.
GHeplfQWMAAznzy
welcome to famiboards!

here's a chart for all the bonus puzzles and which DLC unlocks them (source)

W1GbcWN.png

the base game and each of the DLCs unlock 7 puzzles, but then randomly e3 unlocks 14

edit: the twitter user points out that this is likely to make up for the fact that e3 does not have micross/clip mode.
Weird.

How many have you purchased already?I picked e1 and e2. Let's compare our repective completion times with no hints, would you?

Weird.

How many have you purchased already?I picked e1 and e2. Let's compare our repective completion times with no hints, would you?
i've only got the base game for now, will get the dlc when i'm done. i've banked about 30 hours of podcasts for some good picross and podcast time and i'm ready to start later tonight. let's see how long it takes for e1. i'm predicting sub 20 hours.

edit: and of course, no assists

Oh, I’m so excited for this. Picross X was just not doing it for me as a relaxing play-while-spinning-records kind of activity.

i've only got the base game for now, will get the dlc when i'm done. i've banked about 30 hours of podcasts for some good picross and podcast time and i'm ready to start later tonight. let's see how long it takes for e1. i'm predicting sub 20 hours.

edit: and of course, no assists
This is gonna need well less than 20 hours. Yesterday I was like: "Let's try It, remember you're playing Octopath Traveler, don't waste your time with Picross" and I cleared 6 Picross pages in no time.

This is gonna need well less than 20 hours. Yesterday I was like: "Let's try It, remember you're playing Octopath Traveler, don't waste your time with Picross" and I cleared 6 Picross pages in no time.
yeah... i think this one has way more 10x10 puzzles than the s games, and no 20x15 ones. i'm already on page 7 too. i'm mostly looking forward to mega puzzles tho, that's my favorite mode.

I wonder if Jupiter will ever put the Picross S+ DLC on sale with their periodical eShop sales. ’Cause at the pace I play at, it’ll take me quite awhile to completely finish all the other Picross S games (so far I’ve only finished S and S2, and I’ve beaten all 5x5 and 10x10 puzzles in all the games aside from S+ and am now working on 15x15 starting with S3), so there wouldn’t be much point to buying all the DLC right now (though I kinda would like to own them all now so I could start knocking out the 5x5 and 10x10 puzzles…) but I’d definitely buy them all as soon as they go on sale.

I have the base game, but I got Piczle Cross Story of Seasons first so I’ve been working through that one first before tackling these. It’s been years since I played any of the Picross E games so they’ll probably feel fresh to me.

A bit unrelated to Picross, but I finally got Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training for Nintendo Switch while I had changed my Nintendo Account region to Japan to get the Mother 3 icon elements, so I’m playing Sudoku for basically the first time (I only really played much of Brain Age: Concentration Training before this one, which didn’t have Sudoku), and I gotta say, it hits a very similar spot as Picross. I guess that makes sense, though, given they’re both logic puzzles.

Looks like there’s a My Nintendo survey being sent out for the game. I just completed it, and I made sure to voice my interest in seeing more Picross games that feature other Nintendo IPs like Club Nintendo Picross, My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Pokémon Picross—and/or the return of Picross 3D (even though that’s not developed by Jupiter, I know, but it’s still part of the Picross series regardless).

Looks like there’s a My Nintendo survey being sent out for the game. I just completed it, and I made sure to voice my interest in seeing more Picross games that feature other Nintendo IPs like Club Nintendo Picross, My Nintendo Picross: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Pokémon Picross—and/or the return of Picross 3D (even though that’s not developed by Jupiter, I know, but it’s still part of the Picross series regardless).
whoa what? is this an email you got?

whoa what? is this an email you got?
Yeah, it’s just the standard My Nintendo survey for 30 Platinum Points that’s sent out via email for some games. Might only be in select regions, though. Not exactly sure if most other regions get these, but I’m in the U.S. and got it today.

Yeah, it’s just the standard My Nintendo survey for 30 Platinum Points that’s sent out via email for some games. Might only be in select regions, though. Not exactly sure if most other regions get these, but I’m in the U.S. and got it today.
huh, i don't think i've ever gotten an email like that :/

Quoted by: Tye
huh, i don't think i've ever gotten an email like that :/
Not ever, for any game? That’s weird, ’cause while they’re not sent out for every game, they’re not exactly too uncommon either. Are you in North America, and do you have emails from Nintendo turned on? ’Cause if so then you should probably be getting them, but like I said I’m not sure how they’re handled in other regions.

Here’s what the survey emails look like:

Not ever, for any game? That’s weird, ’cause while they’re not sent out for every game, they’re not exactly too uncommon either. Are you in North America, and do you have emails from Nintendo turned on? ’Cause if so then you should probably be getting them, but like I said I’m not sure how they’re handled in other regions.
i'm not in north america but i use an NA nintendo account. i think tho i might have some setting turned off when they asked to send me promotional emails.

Is there a good explainer somewhere on web where I can make sense of all those labels (S, S+, e9, etc). I have no idea what those mean and I've been playing trial version, enjoying Picross so far. Similar to Tents & Trees that I already own in library.

Overwhelmed with search results, not sure which one I should start with. Ideally, if there are any entries that encompasses previous entries (like a bundle), then that's probably the one I want.

Is there a good explainer somewhere on web where I can make sense of all those labels (S, S+, e9, etc). I have no idea what those mean and I've been playing trial version, enjoying Picross so far. Similar to Tents & Trees that I already own in library.

Overwhelmed with search results, not sure which one I should start with. Ideally, if there are any entries that encompasses previous entries (like a bundle), then that's probably the one I want.
To break it down:
  • Picross e (named because they were eShop exclusive) is the line of games released on Nintendo 3DS. There's e-e9, though that last one is Japan exclusive.
  • Picross S (named because they were Nintendo Switch games) is the line of games released on Switch. There's S-S9, plus a Sega themed one.
  • Picross S+ is a Nintendo Switch release that compiles all of the puzzles from the Picross e games onto Switch. The base game ($5) contains the puzzles from e, and you can get DLC packs ($5 each) to get the puzzles from e2-e9.
Sounds like Picross S+ might be the one you want?

I got it this survey as well!

the mega puzzles in this one were definitely harder than e1, i was stumped on quite a few of them.
I agree. They're more rewarding as a result.

I must say there was quality in spades in these "e" games. I didn't play with no assists at the time, so I'm appreciating them more now.

I finished Mega Picross a little while ago and forgot to post my time. I haven't attempted Mega Picross in several months because I wasn't good at it but I'm a lot better now.
oRbaG03.png

I've also been recording my gameplay with a capture card and plan on uploading it to YouTube but there were audio issues with my first playthrough of the Picross puzzles so I did all of them again.
GAQ1Kik.png

Here's my total:
UFpBfSH.png

So close to the fastest time on here oof
Some of the mega picross puzzles took me so long I could probably bring it to under 14 hours just from replaying one of them.

• Not related to the game itself, I also learned that Luma3DS doesn't take as high quality screenshots as I had previously assumed. This Micross/Clip Picross image is supposed to have 256 colors (right), but the screenshot I took with my modded 3DS (left) has 423.
  • It looks way better than a jpg of it would but it's compressed in a similar manner to end up with that many extra colors. The Picross e games on 3DS use an image format called .jtex (presumably meaning Jupiter Texture), that isn't rippable, resulting in me taking screenshots.
I made a mistake in that thread based on a quickly made assumption. upon further research, the Luma3DS custom firmware doesn't compress screenshots. That was just my first guess as to the reason for the large discrepancy between the number of colors in the two versions of the image. I made that Twitter thread hastily under the assumption that no one outside of my followers would even see it and didn't fact check everything thoroughly enough and I apologize.

The new version actually just uses less unique shades of color for whatever reason but still looked similar enough that I assumed the larger number of colors in the original were from compression.

Last edited:
I played the bonus puzzles and updated the google sheet to include which puzzles from the e games the new ones are based on.
I'll post my times after I do the mega versions of them.

Back
Top Bottom