• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 5 Royal coming to PS5/Xbox/PC on October 21; Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden coming soon digitally to PS4/Xbox/PC and Game Pass

What's the difference between Persona 5, Persona 5 Golden, Persona 5 Royal, and Persona 5 Strikers?
I'm assuming this is a joke, but I'm gonna take it seriously anyway just in case lmao

P5-- vanilla game
P5 Royal-- everything from P5 but with extra story/characters and qol features
P5 Strikers-- musou style sequel to P5

persona 5 golden is a vita port of persona 5 I hallucinated a few years ago

Persona 5 is the base game of 5, Persona 5 Golden doesn't exist, that's part 4, Royal was the re-release of 5 with some new stuff and Strikers is a Musou game.

I have no emotions. 😶
They're certainly not making it any easier staying emotionally invested in this series with all the distribution/publishing fuckery going on here. At some point frustration's overtaking excitement (and I actually feel like I'm past the point already, but a really small glimmer of hope still has remained so far, if I'm honest with myself).

What's the difference between Persona 5, Persona 5 Golden, Persona 5 Royal, and Persona 5 Strikers?
Persona 5 is the base original release. Persona 5 Golden isn’t a game, it’s persona 4 golden, which is an enhanced P4 with extra content. Personal 5 Royal is a new canonical enhanced version of P5 with extra content. Persona 5 Strikers is a musou spinoff sequel of Persona 5 and not P5R, so it really isn’t canonical to the definitive P5R version. Did I hurt your head yet?

Persona 5: base game
Persona 5 Royal: Persona 5 with a sizeable chunk of new content and refinements, the definitive version
Persona 5 Strikers: Action/JRPG sequel to the base game developed by Omega Force

Golden is the definitive version of P4

I'm sure it'll come to Steam and Switch eventually. Persona is finally multiplatform!

They're certainly not making it any easier staying emotionally invested in this series with all the distribution/publishing fuckery going on here. At some point frustration's overtaking excitement (and I actually feel like I'm past the point already, but a really small glimmer of hope still has remained so far, if I'm honest with myself).
Honestly, we all saw this coming, Xbox getting all the Persona games but not Switch.

I just can't be asked anymore.

I have moved to whatever the stage of grief is where you say "well I played Yakuza LAD on XCloud so P5R probably wouldn't be that bad"

Wait that's just Bargaining

For what it's worth Zippo has been saying Persona is coming to Switch for a while as well.
I know he's not always been the most reliable but I feel like he does know some stuff and I believe him when it comes to this.

I’m going to be optimistic about this one. There’s just no way in hell Atlus sticks these only on Xbox. They surely had (at least) PlayStation as a planned platform for P3P and P4G when they started this whole anniversary crap. If Japanese Atlus tweets the announcement and it only mentions Xbox, I’ll concede.

Well, all things considered, weird Atlus or just weird first announcement deals, on Xbox or on Switch, i'm going to play some mainline Persona games for the first time and i'm quite happy about it.

I’m really glad Xbox is getting one absolutely incredible game, one really good game, and also Persona 5

So apparently Switch and PS4/5 will be getting P3P and P4G. But what about P5R? Will that come to Switch? Because I'm seriously doubting it.

Do what must be done, Nintendo. Give Atlus the bag of money.

I'm so fucking bummed about P3P being picked over P3 FES, but I'll buy that shit in a heartbeat if it comes to Switch. P4G is fibally on a console! One way or the other, I'll finally get to play it!!

Nintendo's refusal to pay for ports just hurts us fans.

I get they'd rather spend their money buying exclusives but companies are demanding more and more these days if you want something ported then help pay for it. MS spending the cash to get stuff that probably wasn't heading it's way has made this the norm. Nintendo rightly or wrongly need to adjust or it's just us who miss out.

I get they'd rather spend their money buying exclusives but companies are demanding more and more these days if you want something ported then help pay for it. MS spending the cash to get stuff that probably wasn't heading it's way has made this the norm. Nintendo rightly or wrongly need to adjust or it's just us who miss out.
Nintendo doesn’t pay for ports but does support any studio that wants to make Switch ports and helps them (they reached out Sakuna Rice devs for example). Nintendo shouldn’t have to pay for ports when they provide a platform that pays for the ports themselves and paying for ports isn’t a strategy that works long-term to get continued 3rd party support because once you stop paying games stop coming

So apparently Switch and PS4/5 will be getting P3P and P4G. But what about P5R? Will that come to Switch? Because I'm seriously doubting it.
I would imagine P5R will be released for XSX, PS5 and Switch, physically. Details are still scarce, we still don't know in what form P5R is coming to Switch (digital only?), I assume PS5 and Switch versions will be there when the preorders open.

I'm not even surprised by this move since it's Atlus. It's probably going to be a timed exclusive though, or maybe not... You really can't know with Atlus.

good news these games arent withering away in weird corners of the gameosphere but its just the portable version of P3. Makes me worried Atlas won't put the time and money into doing a full remaster with all content from FES and Portable.

The Avowed gameplay at Xbox Games Showcase looked great
This is what worries me. Making predictions and sharing info based on assumptions. Insiders saw Avowed. It was far a long and looked great according to them. So the assumption was it’ll be at E3, but Microsoft didn’t show it because it’s not releasing before next June and this showcases focused on games releasing within a year. So avowed wasn’t there and their assumptions were wrong.

Now for persona. Is the assumption that they heard Persona was coming to Xbox so they ASSUMED it was also coming to Switch because why wouldn’t it? I fear this all could be based on assumptions which means we could have inadvertently been lead on.

This is what worries me. Making predictions and sharing info based on assumptions. Insiders saw Avowed. It was far a long and looked great according to them. So the assumption was it’ll be at E3, but Microsoft didn’t show it because it’s not releasing before next June and this showcases focused on games releasing within a year. So avowed wasn’t there and their assumptions were wrong.

Now for persona. Is the assumption that they heard Persona was coming to Xbox so they ASSUMED it was also coming to Switch because why wouldn’t it? I fear this all could be based on assumptions which means we could have inadvertently been lead on.
Agreed, there's been quite a few mixups from insiders because of stuff they assumed. Hopefully that's not the case this time.

Nintendo doesn’t pay for ports but does support any studio that wants to make Switch ports and helps them (they reached out Sakuna Rice devs for example). Nintendo shouldn’t have to pay for ports when they provide a platform that pays for the ports themselves and paying for ports isn’t a strategy that works long-term to get continued 3rd party support because once you stop paying games stop coming
Didn't Microsoft pay for exclusive CoD content and some such? Once they stopped doing that companies went to Sony. These are businesses, so they'll go where the money is. I'd prefer for Nintendo to offer hardware support (like proper documentation), to help with publishing and distribution and things like that than to outright pay for games.

Reminder that P3P and P5R aren’t coming to Steam either as of current information
Yeah, that's the biggest mystery. I think they are but complete list of platforms isn't ready yet but when it is, we will see Steam and EGS logos there too.

They just threw the "Windows" logo there to confirm PC Game Pass.

Unless MS gave a phat money hat, I do not believe for a second that PS4G and P3P are not coming to PS5 too. So Switch id still on the cards imho.

The ports are coming to Switch (and PS too for P3P and P4G); just be patient, lol. Literally no reason to doubt the Era poster who was right about every other detail with these Persona ports.

he has been pretty reliable when it comes to Sega I think..
No, he isn’t reliable when it comes to Sega either. The majority of his info about Sonic from last summer turned out wrong and he’s one of the main people spreading the bunk rumor that there was some big breakup between the Mania team and Sega that led to Mania 2 being cancelled (complete fan-fiction).

Yes, Atlus are that stupid. I won’t even entertain the copium at this point. “What about Atlus Japan tweet? What about the Nintendo Direct? It could get announced for Switch on that just like Life is Strange did, right? Why would 3 and 4 skip Playstation home consoles? The insiders said it was coming!”

Nah, I just won’t believe it until Atlus stops beating around the bush and actually announces it. Pretty much every other game in this showcase that made sense for it to have a Switch version had it announced in their official PR statement (Cocoon, Minecraft Legends). I don’t see any reason of believing that Atlus will rectify this cursed situation anytime soon. The only pattern here is that they have zero business sense and the only way for them to make them stop being stuck in the PS2 era is for them to get a fat check along with years of “Phil Spencer meetings in Japan”. They milked some 2000s games with spinoffs, merch and anime for years during the 2010s but never made those games available for modern platforms (besides PSP and Vita for their time). The reason is simple, they don’t care about making ports or expanding their audience, they expect all of their fans to have played those back on PS2 because that’s the weeb console, therefore it literally takes them moneyhats in order to make them do the obvious. That’s why even the Sony home console owners can’t even play P4G on it despite the idea making sense since the freaking PS3. And then there’s everything about the Switch not getting anything but spinoffs made by other developers that actually have business sense, or how Joker in Smash literally moved hundreds of thousands of copies but you already know about that. It’s especially disappointing how this situation got to the point where it bled into console warring, now you have people thinking Switch can’t handle a PS3 game, as well as people ratioing anyone that suggests Atlus to have a fraction of business sense because “you already have SMTV” and king_goomba is annoying or whatever. Persona is just an AA JRPG series like many others, it’s not an graphically intensive game nor a game that is funded by a platform maker so it really shouldn’t spark these kinds of discussions.

I don’t care if this post ages badly next week, I just wanted to reiterate once again about how stupid Atlus really are. Regardless of whether the ports end up being truly multiplatform or not, right now Atlus’ incompetence got us to the point where a game with Portable on it’s name isn’t available for the one portable console. They are also putting their mainline games on that console but not on the one that already has sequel spinoffs. I don’t think any other game company in the world are that stupid

I'll start, and this time hopefully finish, Persona 5 for the fourth time. Having it on PC should definitely help.

Hopefully P3P comes to Switch. Played P4G on Vita and loved it.

I'm just happy P3 is available on modern platforms and that it's getting a FIGS localization alongside P4G.
I still would have liked them to do a modern remake of P3 so they could make a TRUE definitive edition of that game, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I thought this was a “Persona coming to Xbox” thread but I guess it’s really a “Persona not announced for Switch” thread lol. I get the frustration, but it’s cool that Persona is no longer console locked to Sony and that P3 is getting rereleased. I’ll wait for the next Direct before complaining about a lack of Switch ports, but either way good get for Xbox.

Nintendo not paying for ports is admirable yet still frustrating at times. Sometimes you have to suck it up and alleviate your brand and 3rd party support. I gotta applaud Team Xbox and Phil Spencer because they knew that there were JRPG loving Xbox fans that wanted mainline Persona for a long time.

But at the same time… I can’t blame Nintendo for not paying these games because it becomes a slippery slope and you end up paying for ports that should’ve been there day one.

Luckily I still have my Vita because P4G is top 3 favorite RPG of all time, possibly number 1.

But would love to play it on my big OLED screen.

Nintendo not paying for ports is admirable yet still frustrating at times. Sometimes you have to suck it up and alleviate your brand and 3rd party support. I gotta applaud Team Xbox and Phil Spencer because they knew that there were JRPG loving Xbox fans that wanted mainline Persona for a long time.

But at the same time… I can’t blame Nintendo for not paying these games because it becomes a slippery slope and you end up paying for ports that should’ve been there day one.
There is zero point in Nintendo paying for ports because it would set a precedent that is already being displayed currently. It’s one of the reasons why I disapprove of Nintendo’s SE deal because it branched out to other companies making for some really weird decisions.

For what’s it’s worth, all, I play xCloud on my phone a lot and it works perfectly. So xCloud would be a great way to get your portable Persona kick if the games don’t come to Switch.

Back
Top Bottom