• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 5 Royal coming to PS5/Xbox/PC on October 21; Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden coming soon digitally to PS4/Xbox/PC and Game Pass

I just assume this is a weird marketing thing where they agreed to only announce it for Xbox/PC due to some GamePass agreement for now. If the games actually aren't coming to PS4/Switch then they're just hopelessly stupid.

Feels like the end of an era. XBox S is likely going to blow up big in Japan if Sony can't get the PS5 supply situation under control there. Because this probably isn't going to stop with Persona and Atlus as it's starting to feel a lot like MS is getting serious about Japan. Expect Falcom and others to get on board if these do well.

I just assume this is a weird marketing thing where they agreed to only announce it for Xbox/PC due to some GamePass agreement for now. If the games actually aren't coming to PS4/Switch then they're just hopelessly stupid.
Microsoft’s Gamepass deals typically aren’t like that.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Xbox paid for these ports. I’m never expecting mainline Persona on a Nintendo platform at this point and neither should anyone else. Fortunately, most of us own another platform, in addition to Switch….but portable play would certainly be nice.

Microsoft’s Gamepass deals typically aren’t like that.
I guess we'll see, then. I definitely don't think it's impossible that Sega/Atlus are hopelessly stupid with their release strategy. A lot of it is random and nonsensical (see Soul Hackers 2 and the earlier Persona 4 Golden releases). I just want to give them the benefit of the doubt here lol.

Would be hilarious for the one system to not get P4AU ends up being the only console to get P4G and P3P. Would be the most Atlus thing ever.

As someone who played 40 hours of P3 Fes and loved it but never ended up finishing it, should I play portable or go back to Fes?
I've always avoided portable because I know it lacks actually being able to move around areas and instead is more vn style but if it ends up coming to the Switch could it be worth playing over fes?

Before the Switch panicking begins, calm down everyone. The current announcement isn't even for PS4/PS5 and Steam, looks like this announcement is very specifically for Xbox and Windows versions.

It's probably coming people, MS likely just paid for it to be on their show first, so Atlus can't announce other platforms yet.

I'd be surprised if P3P and P4G don't come to Playstation and Switch (eventually), but Atlus is Atlus.

Before the Switch panicking begins, calm down everyone. The current announcement isn't even for PS4/PS5 and Steam, looks like this announcement is very specifically for Xbox and Windows versions.
I’m certainly not panicking, I genuinely couldn’t care less at this point.

In fact, I finally started Persona 5 Royal last night on my PS5. Seems pretty cool so far.

It'd be kinda weird if there aren't at least Steam versions of P3P and P5R, though, yeah, if MS is involved it makes sense they'd be pushing Gamepass versions first.

As someone who played 40 hours of P3 Fes and loved it but never ended up finishing it, should I play portable or go back to Fes?
I've always avoided portable because I know it lacks actually being able to move around areas and instead is more vn style but if it ends up coming to the Switch could it be worth playing over fes?
I think the only reason to check out P3P over FES is if you're interested in playing as the FemPC.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Xbox paid for these ports. I’m never expecting mainline Persona on a Nintendo platform at this point and neither should anyone else. Fortunately, most of us own another platform, in addition to Switch….but portable play would certainly be nice.

Ok, but P4G on Xbox and not Playstation still doesn't add up.

I agree.
But, as it's happening with cocoon, generally, you have announcements for other platforms from the publishers on twitter in parallel.

This is another case of annoying Atlus communication which tries to make noise by staying ambiguous and vague.

I think the only reason to check out P3P over FES is if you're interested in playing as the FemPC.
I thought P3P was the only version that allowed you to actually control your party? That alone makes it by far the best version of the game imo.

I also personally prefer not walking around some big ugly 3D environment that really has nothing interesting in it. Give me that point-and-click navigation anyday lol.

I thought P3P was the only version that allowed you to actually control your party? That alone makes it by far the best version of the game imo.

I also personally prefer not walking around some big ugly 3D environment that really has nothing interesting in it. Give me that point-and-click navigation anyday lol.
That's true, it's been awhile since I played FES. I think people generally overreact to the AI controlled party in P3, but if it's a deal breaker for you P3P does have that advantage as well.

I was really holding out hope for Persona 3 definitive (FeMC, direct control, social link with male SEES members in addition to FES stuff like cutscenes and The Answer)

Very unfortunate that, it seems we'll never get this. Oh well. I love P3P, but I guess I'll just play The Answer when I get a Steam Deck with emulation.

For those who need reassurance:
Nate just reconfirmed persona is also happening on Switch :

dont-disappoint-me-dont-let-me-dont.gif

Nate, please

That's true, it's been awhile since I played FES. I think people generally overreact to the AI controlled party in P3, but if it's a deal breaker for you P3P does have that advantage as well.
Yeah it's just the type of thing that drives me nuts lol. It even bothered me in SMT4 and it's a way smaller part of the battling in that game. Just feels like an extra layer of RNG designed to screw you over lol.

I'm pretty confident it's coming to Switch and will be announced in the Direct this month. Not too worried

Back
Top Bottom