• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Persona 3 Reload leaker says no Switch version planned, Metaphor unlikely too

I'll bet it makes it to Switch, if not at launch, then as a late port (after the late Soul Hackers port!)

Atlus probably has to make tough choices on where to deploy their limited development resources.
They are going to prioritize simultaneous release of Playstation and PC first and foremost. Totally understandable. Playstation has been the "home" of the Persona series in the same way Nintendo portables have become the "home" of SMT. PC is the most wide-ranging multi-platform target, I'm assuming the lowest-hanging fruit to support in addition (someone correct me if wrong).

Then they gotta decide what else they can afford to do with their remaining resources. All even, they would probably choose Switch. But if Microsoft comes in with a bag offering to subsidize development cost, boom, decision made.

To skip the Switch entirely?
I don't think that makes sense unless there is a technical reason. Not after Atlus has been taking steps to cultivate the Persona brand on the Switch platform, successfully, w/ Persona 5 Royal and the other ports along with their general solid-to-strong platform support for three+ portable generations.

I mean, you did lead with ‘weird mentality to have’ before walking it back with ‘to each their own’. Preferring games on portables and not wanting to sit in front of a screen at home isn’t weird, in the same way that people preferring to sit in front of a Tv/monitor for dozens of hours isn’t a ‘weird mentality to have’ either, an opinion I presume you’d find a bit odd too. The only way I get through long rpgs is on portables where I can chip away at them on my commute or in bed, I haven’t even owned a home console/Pc for over a decade now and play more rpgs than ever, including most of Atlus’s games since.
But I stand by my point of not wanting to play a game because it's not portable is weird. But this conversation has been beaten to death by everyone quoting me I get it. I'm in the wrong, and maybe it's my mentality that's fucked.

But I stand by my point of not wanting to play a game because it's not portable is weird. But this conversation has been beaten to death by everyone quoting me I get it. I'm in the wrong, and maybe it's my mentality that's fucked.
you don't need to play victim here. people have preferences. it's as simple as that

When Doom Eternal released, I saw many people say it was "unplayable without keyboard mouse" or "can't imagine playing a game like that below 120hz". I own the game on all 4 platforms and have put in the least amount of time on PC. In fact I enjoyed it on Xbox One then Switch then PS5 and now Steam Deck. If Doom Eternal was only on PC, I simply wouldn't have finished it because of how I play.

you don't need to play victim here. people have preferences. it's as simple as that
I'm not trying to aaaaaaa. I don't know what people want me to say. I'm sorry? Like what do I do. Y'all keep backing me into corners. I'm trying to stop this conversation and admit I'm in the wrong, I'm wrong, and that everyone has preferences, but you guys keep bringing me back.

I'm gonna take a break from the forum. Bye.

Bamco has nothing to do with that game

Nah. Simply Atlus only wants to do certain consoles. MS just pays to get in

Except they have been putting other Persona games on the Switch.

We know for a fact Sony pays to keep content off other platforms, probably ages ago (dating back to the Vita/3DS days) they likely made a deal for Persona 3.

to pay to miss one system, but not the system that's getting marketing rights? I don't believe that at all. if Sony is paying for exclusivity, they're gonna make sure it's not hitting anything else.

I think it's hard for folks to come to the conclusion that these companies are doing rather irrational decisions and are trying to find justifications for them. at least with Atlus, they have an audience to support these decisions so they can keep making them

Was already going to buy it on Steam for my Steam Deck, but this does suck for people that want a Switch version. At least nowadays there are multiple portable options out there, so the Switch isn't the end of the line for portable play.

Back
Top Bottom