• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Nintendo Switch (P5R out now, P3P and P4G available January 19, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s universal so that doesn’t bug me
Yeah. Guess it makes sense in a way. Likely means those two don’t have extensive delays for launching and probably puts them at $20 instead of more. Glad I have P4G physical on vita, but probably get it here for increased resolution.

Does anyone know if Heartskips is still around? They used to post on Era years ago and they were always adamant about Persona mainline never coming to Switch. They were the reason why I adopted that mindset as well haha.

I can't believe it finally happened.

Bought P5 on launch and never played it hoping it would release on Switch. It’s been a wait lol

It finally happened lol.
I will be happy to play as the female MC, but it sucks to miss the extra FES content

Does anyone know if Heartskips is still around? They used to post on Era years ago and they were always adamant about Persona mainline never coming to Switch. They were the reason why I adopted that mindset as well haha.

I can't believe it finally happened.
If I think I got that name right.

They quit the site years ago after getting disillusioned with gaming and Nintendo. But that was just a remake they said a few times. It’s possible there were other reasons.

Quoted by: pld
I’m definitely interested. What’s the optimal play order/starting point tho?
3 -> 4 -> 5
Because each new one is more pleasant to play gameplay wise. 4 is the favorite of many because they vibe more with the theme and find 5 too long (they're all way too long anyway imo lol), but 5 is way more refined, both in its dungeon gameplay than in its daily life gameplay, imo.

They'll probably release 4 Golden before 3 Portable too lol, so if you play them in the order of release of those ports, by the time you get to 3 Portable it will feel ancient in comparison to 4 and 5. (Not to mention that 3 Portable takes a Visual Novel approch to the daily life segments, not that I think that it's a bad thing because walking around in the base game Persona 3/Persona 3 FES environments is just a slog imo, not interesting at all.)

P5 is one of the most overrated games out there but having it finally on Switch means that I might, might actually finish it this time.

Great to have P4G too. Kinda eh about P3P.

If I think I got that name right.

They quit the site years ago after getting disillusioned with gaming and Nintendo. But that was just a remake they said a few times. It’s possible there were other reasons.
Ah I see, well that's a bummer because I always liked them.

I just realized that I'm going to play P5 (Royal) for the third time.o_O
I still have Persona 5 vanilla unplayed on my PS4 so I am gonna buy P5R instead because portable gaming is king.

It's finally here. I enjoyed P5, but the time investment is simply too much. 100+ hours to experience the new content does not seem worth it to me.

Persona 5 is the only one I'm interested in. October shaping up to be a good month between it and Mario + Rabbids.

Don’t even care if I get them for “free” on Gamepass. I’ll be there day one to support these games on Switch.

I have Persona 5 on my PS4, played through the first dungeon and then gave up on it. I just can't play long JRPGs on non-portable systems anymore. I did like what I played, but I'm happy I didn't force myself to keep playing on PS4 now that I can finally play it on my Switch!

After all this time! I’m more looking forward to 3 and 4 since I’ve already done a run of 5 Vanilla and Royal but more than happy to triple dip. Might try and fully complete the Thieves Den this time round.

As I’ve been avoiding looking too much into the older games to dodge spoilers I didn’t realise how different FES and P3P seem to be. What’s the best way to play it? Wait for P3P and then play FES afterwards or play FES before P3P comes out? I’m guessing P4G is like Royal where the OG content is all there alongside the new stuff?

Happy for Persona fans but I almost wanted p3p to skip the switch because I found it funny that the portable version would skip the portable console

After all this time! I’m more looking forward to 3 and 4 since I’ve already done a run of 5 Vanilla and Royal but more than happy to triple dip. Might try and fully complete the Thieves Den this time round.

As I’ve been avoiding looking too much into the older games to dodge spoilers I didn’t realise how different FES and P3P seem to be. What’s the best way to play it? Wait for P3P and then play FES afterwards or play FES before P3P comes out? I’m guessing P4G is like Royal where the OG content is all there alongside the new stuff?
Haven’t played myself but was looking at this when Sony was going to close the psp stores. I would say okay FES first if you want to do both. Gets the new content and has the actually walk around segments between dungeon stuff. Then play portable to get the female protag and all that content plus the streamlined experience and ability to control all party members. This could all be wrong but was what seemed like the best way.

Oh yeah, P4G was $20 on steam right? Should be around that on switch too since it’s a simeltaneous release with other consoles. P3P should be around there too

Oh yeah, P4G was $20 on steam right? Should be around that on switch too since it’s a simeltaneous release with other consoles. P3P should be around there too
P3/P4 will be $20 in all platforms it was confirmed I thought after Xbox reveal? Switch should have the same price

Physical only confirmed for P5R, ah well. Great we get these games on the go 😁👍

I'll finally get to see what these games are about. Kinda scared about the length though haha.

Finally! Only took Atlus like 4 or 5 years to acknowledge that the Switch is going to be a cash cow for them.

But half the internet told me that a port of Persona 5 Royal is impossible because the Switch is only slightly more powerful than a 32X. Then the other half of the internet told me that Atlus are a bunch of dumb dumbs who would never bring Persona to Switch because they hate Nintendo. How can this be!?

Seriously though, nice to have the games confirmed. I never played Royal nor any version of Persona 3 so I'm interested in those. I probably won't get Golden because I already have it on Vita but maybe I'll grab it whenever it gets a sale just so I'd have all three on the same platform.

Here's hoping P5R will look and run well on Switch. I know, I know, PS3 game at its core and all that, but competent Sega/Atlus ports are a 50:50 thing, it feels like.

I hear a lot about Persona but I have never touched one before, what’s 5 Royal like? If you were to compare to other games what would it be similar to?

But half the internet told me that a port of Persona 5 Royal is impossible because the Switch is only slightly more powerful than a 32X. Then the other half of the internet told me that Atlus are a bunch of dumb dumbs who would never bring Persona to Switch because they hate Nintendo. How can this be!?

Seriously though, nice to have the games confirmed. I never played Royal nor any version of Persona 3 so I'm interested in those. I probably won't get Golden because I already have it on Vita but maybe I'll grab it whenever it gets a sale just so I'd have all three on the same platform.
Pfffft. Not even a 32X. It’s two Atari Lynx duct taped together.

Here's hoping P5R will look and run well on Switch. I know, I know, PS3 game at its core and all that, but competent Sega/Atlus ports are a 50:50 thing, it feels like.
All Atlus in-house ports have been great the issue comes if it’s outsourced like SMT3HD was

Well PS3 has such a weird architecture that as long as they put in effort.

That said, the other Atlus ports have been fantastic; Catherine Full Body and 13 Sentinels.

I hear a lot about Persona but I have never touched one before, what’s 5 Royal like? If you were to compare to other games what would it be similar to?
Shin Megami Tensei for battle and fusion/demon systems + Fire Emblem social sim aspects + ... uh, dungeon crawling akin to ... uh. Well, I guess P5's dungeon crawling is the most unique take on it, P3 and P4 are rather similar to dungeons in games like SMT IV or, probably more so, Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Assuming you know these games, btw -- do you? :D

Shin Megami Tensei for battle and fusion/demon systems + Fire Emblem social sim aspects + ... uh, dungeon crawling akin to ... uh. Well, I guess P5's dungeon crawling is the most unique take on it, P3 and P4 are rather similar to dungeons in games like SMT IV or, probably more so, Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Assuming you know these games, btw -- do you? :D

I know of them, never played them tho haha, hopefully they’ll drop a demo so I can try that and see what’s what.

Was gonna “reward” Atlus by purchasing P4AU on Switch since it’s on sale. Then I read it spoils the heck out of Persona 3 (which I haven’t played yet)…..

Serious CONGRATULATIONS to you guys!!!!! I know how long the wait has been. I’m in the same ship just a different franchise developed from the other side of the world. Tell me about a persona 5 what makes it so good?

Finally, I just bought a physical copy of Persona 5 Strikers for Switch for £18. Probably going to go up in price or sell out quick with P5R finally being announced for Switch.

I know of them, never played them tho haha, hopefully they’ll drop a demo so I can try that and see what’s what.
Basically both it and SMT have the same progression system, you could compare them to Pokemon and label them as monster collecting RPGs. The demons/personas are basically these mythological creatures that you equip to your characters, each has different skills. You get stronger ones by fusing them together, they inherit some of their skills. The life sim stuff goes hand in hand with that system because you can basically spend your free time hanging out with other characters, that levels up the social link which unlocks a tier of new personas to be accessible via fusion. Basically each activity from the life sim part of the game takes a certain amount of in-game time (there’s an in-game calendar) but the dungeons/regular jrpg gameplay are outside of time so there’s no time pressure really, you have events in certain dates

SMT is post apocalyptic and a bit more similar to regular JRPGs in terms of structure, Persona has very different vibes as it’s basically a playable urban fantasy anime. I doubt there will be a demo but whether you love it or not I think that it’s still the kind of game that will hook you, just like how some people that don’t care about traditional JRPGs love Pokemon. Expect some very slow beginnings though, I only played 3 and the actual gameplay loop started only after one whole hour, maybe more. They are pretty iterative in terms of mechanics and features so instead of grabbing 5 at launch you could start with 3 or 4 which will be cheaper and see if it’s for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom