• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pepperoni does not belong on pizza (Famiboards original sin)(well played indeed)

Holy shit, was Magic-Man based the entire time?

I invoke Adam Ragusea, who considers handing down rules about what food combinations are acceptable to be a childish endeavor. I agree with his perspective in general, but it is especially applicable to such an unusual food as American-descended pizza. It already has fruit in it, after all, so there is no denotative restriction against using pineapple.

As for personal preference, I enjoy both. Occasionally together. But then again, I do eat trash.

EDIT:
Oh, and as I often do, I have an early Apple story that's relevant:

Ragusea gang ✊

Let people put whatever they want on pizza, seriously. Might order a pineapple and pepperoni one tonight out of spite.

You’re right. They belong in roll form.
220px-RogersMazzaPepperoniRoll.jpg

Pineapple and pepperoni together on a pizza is amazing. There’s a wrench for you!

That said, my favorite combination is actually pineapple and salami on a pizza. It is godly.

Can't eat pepperoni pizza anymore. Doesn't stay in my stomach for very long if I try. Too much grease I think, so I agree pepperoni doesn't belong on pizza.

Okay ya know what

Fine.

Pineapple on pizza is a thing people like and now Netflix has gone and made it a (stranger) thing all over again and to each their own so whatthehellever I concede.

But lemme say this

And I absolutely mean it

White sauce on pizza can rot in hell

Okay ya know what

Fine.

Pineapple on pizza is a thing people like and now Netflix has gone and made it a (stranger) thing all over again and to each their own so whatthehellever I concede.

But lemme say this

And I absolutely mean it

White sauce > red sauce

Barbecue is better too

That's right I said it

I personally enjoy pineapple on pizza. Something about the sweet, savory, spicy (bunch of crushed red pepper shaken on there too) combo. It's pogged up.

I didn't even keep up with Stranger Things, beyond the first season, but I'd seen Walmart sells the pineapple jalapeño pizza (which sounds delightful!) from the show, and I'm thinking of picking one up to try! What's the worst that could happen? I get flavor from my food?

Pizza is pretty much the only place sliced pepperoni truly belongs.

I've never figured out the discussion on pineapple pizza or why anyone would care to complain about it

Pizza is pretty much the only place sliced pepperoni truly belongs.

I've never figured out the discussion on pineapple pizza or why anyone would care to complain about it
Part of the reason the internet got popular is so people could yuck your yum and die on a hill doing so.
If the Internet had heraldry, "your opinion is bad and you should feel bad" would be written in Latin under its coat of arms.

Okay ya know what

Fine.

But lemme say this

And I absolutely mean it

White sauce pizza is truly another beast. You don't pair it with the toppings you put on a red sauce pizza.
I might agree that a white sauce pizza is not a pizza but I wouldn't be able to come up with a name that describes it better than 'white sauce pizza' either.

Pizza is such a blanket term that it's basically useless and therefore also mega versitile.

I fuck heavily with white sauce pizza.

Also, white sauce on pizza means you're eating an inverse casserole. Nothing wrong with that, but it's what it is.

I used to be a pretty staunch anti pineapple partisan, but after witnessing the pizza crimes of Japan, I have found room in my heart of pizza du ananas.

If we're bringing Japan into this, I've had curry pizza at a restaurant in San Francisco's Japantown and it was sooooo goooooood

Best pizza I ever had featured Bacon, chili jam, Jalapeños, beef mince, cheddar and a sunny side up egg.

Everything belongs on pizza.

Except Hollandaise, but screw Hollandaise in general.

You know what's good on pizza? Salami. And Italian Sausage. And sautéed onion. And artichoke. And

Y'know what, I'm gonna go bake a pizza. BRB.

Back
Top Bottom