• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions On October 20th Spider-Man 2 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder Face off. Which reviews better? Which sells better this holiday?

Spider-Man vs. Mario: Which reviews better? Which sells better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And 2D platform Mario is the... Dozenth in JUST the Mario series... You named two super heros in general with games
Ok but what does that have to do with my statement? Mario Wonder ain't that unique either. They're both entries in genres and series that have been around for awhile.

XXX0iRN.jpg

Ok but what does that have to do with my statement? Mario Wonder ain't that unique either. They're both entries in genres and series that have been around for awhile.
Didn't realize you weren't the original person I quoted. Either way, the mechanics of spiderman itself are quite unique in the super hero genre. I was just saying spider man is no less unique than Mario lol

Sure, Mario Wonder is another 2D platformer but it is unique when compared to past Mario 2D games.

Spider-Man 2 doesn’t “bring the house down”, it’s a great game but it’s not anything groundbreaking in terms of gameplay or story.

wonder should be ahead it’s a creative game and not an other superhero game. I think most people are getting tired of superhero games like they are with superhero movies.
I get this is a Nintendo forum but... It's just another 2D platformer lol
Spider man is a pretty unique take on "super hero video game". I can't really think of any like it besides maybe the Batman games.
Folks, they're both critically acclaimed games that have sold massively well. We don't need to put down one game to prop up another.

Y'all crazy if you think either one of these games is overly creative and not derivative as shit 😭 😭 😭 😭

Mario wonder certainly is a big step up in presentation but I cannot for the life of me work out how in any other way it's more than a small step from NSMBU, but then ive never treated the NSMB series as some kind of bad thing like a chunk of the internet really wants to. If anything to me, it's shocking that mario took around a decade after Rayman Legends and DK:TF to release a title like wonder

So :

10 millions for Spiderman 2
11.96 millions for Super Mario Bros Wonder

Congrats to Super Mario Bros Wonder for big win (2-0) ! :D
Mario Wonder as 31 December 2023:
Global sell-through of over 10.70 million units
11.96 million units shipped

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 as of February 4, 2024:
Sold-through 10 million units

Even with 1 more month of tracking (outside of holidays sales), Mario Wonder won! 👏

EDIT: In the end, SMW was a huge title/big hitter/ big launch/ not C-team Mario/ above Luigis Mansion level release (LM3= 5.37M Launch Quarter, 13.98M LTD), etc. 👀 🤯

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom