• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic NSO Family Plan |ST| When You're Here, You're Fami

D

Deleted member 2

Hey all. With the new NSO payment tier announcement this morning, I figured we could all benefit from splitting the higher cost by signing up for the family plan.

Knowing that not everybody has the opportunity to share a family plan with someone they know IRL...

Why not use this thread to congregate and start family plans with other Fami users?

That sounds like a good idea, I only have 1 friend who has a Switch IRL and he most likely won't upgrade his base plan.

Is it possible to share a plan with people from a different country?

That sounds like a good idea, I only have 1 friend who has a Switch IRL and he most likely won't upgrade his base plan.

Is it possible to share a plan with people from a different country?
Yes!

Can Nintendo Accounts with different country settings share a family membership? Yes. However, not all features are available in all countries. - link

I would be very down with this because ain't no way I'm paying $50/yr for this service as a single guy hahaha

I have a family plan with some friends and friends of friends so we'll each be paying about $10 for the whole thing. If you all trust each other, it's honestly a really good deal getting the family plan together.

How do family plans work, I have never used this option before. But I would be interested.

I’m also wondering this. Cause I’d be in too

I'm not the main account on my family plan but it's my understanding if that there is one main account who pays the subscription. Everyone in the plan will have their own account. So your own profile attached to your switch. Other than sharing the subscription costs, everyone's accounts are virtually separate. That means you can all play together on your individual Switches and your NES, SNES, etc. apps are your own as well.

The person that runs the family plan can add you from Nintendo's website. All you need is the email address for whoever you are adding and they will get an invite link.

You have to pay upfront and collect the money separately from each person. Paypal, Venmo, ect.

rrarpkb.png

I might be willing add, right now it’s just me and my sister(who I added as basically her Christmas present since I’d like the option of playing with her).

To make things easy I’d probably be up for doing it in exchange for Eshop cards for anyone I added(NA here)

When the new pricing was announced, I was hoping there would be a way to get together with other Fami members for a family plan.

Count me in. I've done it before through Era and it worked out splendidly.

Ok so let me clarify then, I have 6 open slots, I’m in US, willing to talk details but I think the easiest way would be an Eshop card if that’s cool.

Ok, with @Red Monster @Alex4 and @Slash (?) I’m at 5 with 3 slots left. Once again I’m US.
Also you 3 can go ahead and dm me so I can add you and get everything sorted out. Again this will be for the year starting on the 25th when I prorate renew for the new tier but we can setup everything now.

Ok, with @Red Monster @Alex4 and @Slash (?) I’m at 5 with 3 slots left. Once again I’m US.
Also you 3 can go ahead and dm me so I can add you and get everything sorted out. Again this will be for the year starting on the 25th when I prorate renew for the new tier but we can setup everything now.
Dm sent. let's send a strong message to nintendo .......by becoming a family!!!

I would like to jump in on this group.

Hey folks, I would like to switch over to a family plan myself. Anyone from Europe (currency preferably €) who wants to join? A friend of mine is in, so there are 6 slots left. :)

The email address I originally used to sign up for my Nintendo Account is no longer accessible to me. Is there an easy way for me to change the email to an address I still actually use and have access to?

I'm down to join any Fami here if so, I just want to make sure I can receive the invite link for the family membership!

Just got one slot open on my family group. I'm located in Spain, if anyone wants to enter, send me a DM

EDIT: Spot taken.

Last edited:
If anyone from Europe, preferably the Netherlands if that matters, has an open spot please let me know. We’re currently combining some family groups to save costs and we’re (probably) gonna end up with 9 people who want to upgrade, with only 8 spots.

anyone know what the “features” that might not work across countries might be? I’m interested in joining a family but live in Australia! Wondering if I can join another country with no real issues or if I need to find an aussie family.

Also happy to be the host of an aussie group if there’s anymore of us

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom