• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic NSO Family Plan |ST| When You're Here, You're Fami

Could I join someone's expansion pack plan if I buy them a $10 eshop gift card? I have a NA account. I've never been a part of a family plan so I don't know how this works but I want those gba games.

Hello all, as you can see I'm a total newbie who was very kindly pointed in this direction by someone I chat to on another forum.

My slot/space on a NSO Family Plan I bought off a seller on eBay last year expires this week so I was wondering if anybody in here would be so kind as to help me out by selling me an available slot on their family plan if they have one?

I am assuming I have to wait for the current family plan I am on to expire before joining another one, is that right?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Yeah, in fact, even after the subscription expires you will still be in the group, so you have to manually leave in order to be able to get into another group. I had this happen to me just a while ago when I got in a different group when I was before.

Also, if you don't find people here to join, you can also look on the Nintendo discord, I think they might have a dedicated channel for that there.

I have two free spaces on my family plan (UK).

I don't currently have the expansion pack. If two people are up for taking the spare slots, they can for 1/3 of the price of the 12-month expansion pack upgrade, which is £16 each. (That would mean equally sharing the cost between me and the two new people. The other people in my group are my actual family members)

Edit - Thinking about this some more, it's not really fair to split the cost equally three ways when I have six of the slots. So if anyone is looking for a group, they can either (1) join mine as it is without the expansion pass for free or (2) put in £10 and if two people are up for that I will add the expansion pass and extend for 12 months.

Please DM me if you're interested

Last edited:
Hello all, as you can see I'm a total newbie who was very kindly pointed in this direction by someone I chat to on another forum.

My slot/space on a NSO Family Plan I bought off a seller on eBay last year expires this week so I was wondering if anybody in here would be so kind as to help me out by selling me an available slot on their family plan if they have one?

I am assuming I have to wait for the current family plan I am on to expire before joining another one, is that right?

Thank you in advance.
I'll send you a DM.

EDIT: In case anyone's interested I have three more spots to sell on my US NSO + LE. They expire on October 22, 2023 so I'm giving them for $6 USD each. Let me know through DM if you're interested. Paypal only.

Last edited:
I don't have room unfortunately, but I can answer this at least. You don't have to wait for it to expire, you can leave the family group whenever and join another one.

Yeah, in fact, even after the subscription expires you will still be in the group, so you have to manually leave in order to be able to get into another group. I had this happen to me just a while ago when I got in a different group when I was before.

Also, if you don't find people here to join, you can also look on the Nintendo discord, I think they might have a dedicated channel for that there.

Thank you to the both of you for clearing that bit up for me, I'll take myself out of that group in a bit then

I have two free spaces on my family plan (UK).

I don't currently have the expansion pack. If two people are up for taking the spare slots, they can for 1/3 of the price of the 12-month expansion pack upgrade, which is £16 each. (That would mean equally sharing the cost between me and the two new people. The other people in my group are my actual family members)

Please DM me if you're interested

Thank you for getting back to me, I definitely want the Expansion Pack as much as the Online part so I would be up for it if there is someone else who wishes to chip in with us.

I'll send you a DM.

EDIT: In case anyone's interested I have three more spots to sell on my US NSO + LE. They expire on October 22, 2023 so I'm giving them for $6 USD each. Let me know through DM if you're interested. Paypal only.

Thank you to you too mate, I'll galdly have a slot off ya if neil can't get anyone else to chip in so bear with me till I know what's what.

I am genuinely grateful to all of you's who have replied to me in such a short time, it really is properly appreciated (y)

Looking to get into another family plan to try out GBA games and purchase a voucher prior to ToTK release.

I was in a group with Mandos and a few others last year.

Hey, all. If there’s anyone with a spot in their Expansion Pack family plan (I’m in the US), I’d be interested in buying in. I sold my OG Switch last year and was waiting for Zelda as I knew they had to do a LE. Well, my ZOLED is supposed to be delivered on the 29th, so I’ll either do a standard solo plan to get the cloud saves or group up for an Expansion Pack if I can.

I could do an eshop gift card or PayPal.

Last edited:
Looking to get into another family plan to try out GBA games and purchase a voucher prior to ToTK release.

I was in a group with Mandos and a few others last year.

Hey, all. If there’s anyone with a spot in their Expansion Pack family plan (I’m in the US), I’d be interested in buying in. I sold my OG Switch last year and was waiting for Zelda as I knew they had to do a LE. Well, my ZOLED is supposed to be delivered on the 29th, so I’ll either do a standard solo plan to get the cloud saves or group up for an Expansion Pack if I can.

I could do an eshop gift card or PayPal.
You guys can DM me if you want. Can give you a NSO+EP sub for $5 until October 22. Renewing after that would be $10. I'll take PayPal.

Hey, my family pass runs out on the 25th July. I use 6 of the spots for my kids and family, but one other Famiboard member is in there and there is one spare slot.

Shopto is offering a discount on the family expansion pass (£45 instead of £60). So I'm thinking about upgrading instead of just renewing.

If anyone would like to join my group and is willing to pay a small amount (say £7), I'll upgrade and we can all have a cheaper year's expansion pass. DM if interested!

Heads up to my group, renewal is coming up! Also might have an open slot, will confirm on that soon

Hey I guess I’ll try this again as I want to renew my NSO soon. I have two spaces, the rest are taken up by my kids etc.

£8 by PayPal for a full year of expansion pass.
Send me a DM.

Hey I guess I’ll try this again as I want to renew my NSO soon. I have two spaces, the rest are taken up by my kids etc.

£8 by PayPal for a full year of expansion pass.
Send me a DM.
Just need one more person to do this, if anyone needs a new NSO expansion pass membership please DM me

EDIT - No spots left

Last edited:
Ok folks I officially have one open slot, I have everyone chip in a $10 Eshop card at buyin/yearly renewal. NA here.

Ok folks I officially have one open slot, I have everyone chip in a $10 Eshop card at buyin/yearly renewal. NA here.
Is it still open? I’d be willing to join, my subscription ends first week of October but can’t see myself paying $50 when I seldom play long hours with the NSO Expansion games. Plus, the banner for these games isn’t something you can get rid of so there is irreversible screen damage right there if you play TV (docked) mode

Easily I’ll jump in for $10. Willing to wait for the next batch of Famiboard members who want in as well

Is it still open? I’d be willing to join, my subscription ends first week of October but can’t see myself paying $50 when I seldom play long hours with the NSO Expansion games. Plus, the banner for these games isn’t something you can get rid of so there is irreversible screen damage right there if you play TV (docked) mode

Easily I’ll jump in for $10. Willing to wait for the next batch of Famiboard members who want in as well
Yup, just send me a dm

Sounds good guys, thanks for the inv to the NSO Family Membership group. So awesome to split the cost and only have to pay $10 for a year’s worth of games rather than $50 individually. @Mandos I’ll send over the $10 eShop card’s code by Friday evening, definitely before 8pm (PDT)

Renewal is coming for mine as well (NSO+EP), for those who want to renew I'll take a US eShop card for $10 or direct pay through PayPal.

I have three free spots, in addition to one person from this forum. PM me if interested.

Bringing this thread back up to mention I still have three free spots if anyone's interested.

I'd like to join. Best site to reliably buy digital $10 USD?
I bought my digital eShop $10 card on Amazon.com

It’s an instant purchase, the code is given to you as soon as you buy it. And then you can just send it to whoever is initiating the full payment or the “Parent/Guardian” of the Family Plan as it says on the NSO subscription

Only one spot left in my NSO + EP plan if anyone's interested.

Renewal coming up in the next few days and I have a spare spot (potentially one or two more, but for now just one) if anyone's interested

I got a spare spot for NSO + Expansion Pak in my group, runs out in february next year. 8 euros via Paypal for 10 months. Or 9 USD if that's your preferred currency.

Back
Top Bottom