• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Now that the Switch 2 is (apparently) delayed, let's predict Nintendo's 2024 lineup!

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
With the Switch 2 apparently delayed out of 2024, the question now is: what games will Nintendo release in 2024? All of our predictions are kinda outdated now lol.

Do you expect a lighter year, or a strong
one? Will Nintendo be prepared? How many times will Nintendo fans panic this year?

I'm predicting a pretty light year, tbh, unless they rerelease more GC games quickly as a way of tiding people over, but I don't see much more than that.Princess Peach Showtime - March
TTYD and LM2HD - April or May (interchangeable)
(very very unlikely) Tomodachi life 3/port - June
Maybeee FE4 remake in July or something
And then after that, I expect some silence of some sort similar to 2016

I figure a lot of the games Nintendo's sitting on will be pushed into this year so that the gaps left by the Switch 2's delay feel a little less empty. This includes WW/TP, all the Primes, FE4, whatever other GCN games they feel like throwing at us, probably more remasters we're unaware of

Dark Link with a Gun will be our holiday title, as it is the only possible way for Nintendo to compete with Shadow the Hedgehog headlining a major motion picture this December.

God pls give me FE4 remake!!!!! If it releases this year I am cool with literally whatever else happens until 2025 😂

I'm not really that worried about whether this year is strong or not. I view the 1st party output in the Switch library to be exceptionally good, and it's filled most gaps I want. I'm happy to wait for a year for a new era of big releases to look forward to.

That said, I do think some reasonable predictions are--

--Metroid Prime 2/3 Ports (I sorta think they'll position MP4 alongside new hardware, but that's just a personal guess!)

--Pokémon (Indigo Disk makes me suspect gen 5 remakes! But I really want another Legends style game)

--Zelda remake(s), they generally want to annualize this franchise right? So this may be where we see WW and/or TP come back. Those HD versions were great on WiiU, so I hope so.

I genuinely don't know if there will be anything brand new aside from Princess Peach Showtime. But if there is, the only thing that's desperately missing from the stacked switch library for me personally is

--New Rhythm Heaven

Outside of announced stuff like Peach, LM2, and TTYD…

Pikmin 4 or Mario Wonder DLC
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Prime 2/3 HD (Not Remastered)
Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD
Tomodachi Life 2 (Basically a port with Added Features)
Super Kirby Clash 3D
Pokemon Let’s Go Johto (Togepi/Marill?)

Something like that, I figure. I’d hope for some extra GCN ports thrown in there like F-Zero GX and Chibi-Robo! but I don’t want to get my hopes too high…

Outside of announced stuff like Peach, LM2, and TTYD…

Pikmin 4 or Mario Wonder DLC
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Prime 2/3 HD (Not Remastered)
Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD
Tomodachi Life 2 (Basically a port with Added Features)
Super Kirby Clash 3D
Pokemon Let’s Go Johto (Togepi/Marill?)

Something like that, I figure. I’d hope for some extra GCN ports thrown in there like F-Zero GX and Chibi-Robo! but I don’t want to get my hopes too high…
you'd have to be lucky if even 1/4 of that list happens

• Paper Mario TTYD
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Metroid Prime 2+3 HD
  • Pokemon B(2)W(2) remasters (as in, literal ROM dumps of the DS games with the only changes being done to accommodate the single screen)
  • WW+TP HD
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake
  • Unknown Bamco remaster
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Experimental Pokemon game set in Unova, NOT Legends or Let's Go

• Luigi's Mansion 2 HD - April
  • Mario Sports game - June
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake - July
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door HD - August
  • Star Fox Assault HD - September
  • Party game from ND Cube - October
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and/or Twilight Princess HD - November
  • Pokémon Unova title of some kind - November
EDIT: I said Mario Sports game, but I really just mean something from Camelot in general. They're due for another release; same for ND Cube. I haven't looked at the credits for Everybody-1-2-Switch, but I assume that the work they did on that game alongside EDP4 wasn't too much that wouldn't be able to have their own game out this year. Fire Emblem feels like a mid-summer joint. Shot in the dark that the Bandai Namco game is a remake of Assault. And Zelda feels like the only thing that can be the holiday title, and Nintendo has been pretty goo about keeping the series annual in some manner. Ergo, ports of one or both of the remakes.

Last edited:
I still believe in Prime 4 this year, guessing it will hit in October like Dread did. Other than that I’m not expecting much beyond the inevitable Pokémon release, but I’m begging for the rumored Genealogy remake and manifesting some niche IP like Rhythm Heaven to fill in the gaps

If I were Nintendo and I had the development bandwidth I’d use Gamecube / Wii HD Remasters to fill most of the year on top of what we know is coming.

March - Peach: Showtime!

April - Metroid Prime 2 HD.

May - F-Zero GX HD.

June - Paper Mario Thousand Year Door Remake.

July - Metroid Prime 3 HD.

August - Super Mario Galaxy 2 HD.

September - Fire Emblem 4 Remake.

October - Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD.

November - Pokemon.

December - Metroid Prime 4.

I think we’ll get Prime 4. But not much else. A Fire Emblem. I think we’ll also maybe see a Mario Sports title. Baseball maybe.

I think once we get past Luigi's Mansion and TTYD I expect basically nothing like in 2018 until they release Pokemon and one other game for the holiday - my guess would be Prime 4. Fire Emblem feels like it can fill out 2025 mid year for Switch bc they still need Switch games alongside Switch 2 for a year or so, and it will be BC. Prime 4 feels like the only thing that is anticipated enough to anchor the holiday alongside Pokemon as a hardcore game even if its a smaller holiday than last year.

From Peach onwards:

May - Paper Mario TTYD
July - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
August - Fire Emblem 4 Remake
September - Rhythm Heaven (yeah I'll go there)
October - Metroid Prime 1+2 HD
November - Pokemon something

I personally would be happy with a few much request remasters of older games such as the Zelda HD collection, Metroid Prime 2 and 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Yoshi's Wooly World... to name a few. Not saying all of those at once but if Nintendo threw in at least a couple more remasters that I've been wanting, I think that would soften the Switch 2 taking forever to materialize, blow.

I've definitely seen people panicking and expecting Nintendo to have "nothing" this year, but I don't think it'll be quite that dire; probably gonna be a "yep, that's the last year of a console all right" year that leans heavy on rereleases, but not necessarily a barren one. I think a lot of the finer details are gonna come down to whether Nintendo's priorities lean more towards "Switch 2 is delayed, so planned cross-gen games now launch as Switch 1 games with upgrades/next-gen patches just coming later" or "since the delay is because of software concerns, that means cross-gen games will also get moved back to keep the launch window lineup as strong as possible"

There are some solid possibilities that I could still see coming out this year
  • Mario Party: there was a 3 year gap between Super Mario Party and Mario Party Superstars, and this October will mark 3 years since Superstars
  • Grezzo and Camelot have both been quiet for a while and I don't know if whatever they've each been working on would necessarily fall into "this needs to be next-gen" territory. Could get something unexpected from one of them, like how Ever Oasis was a late 3DS game
  • final dregs of the WiiU (Windwaker/Twilight Princess, maybe Wooly World or NES Remix, probably still not Xenoblade X though)
  • definitely a Pokemon RPG of some kind; torn between Gen 2 Let's Go remakes, Gen 5 remakes, or a Legends-style game
  • Pokemon spin-off? (Mystery Dungeon DX was announced and released in about 3 months)
  • Something from HAL. Most likely either a Kirby spin-off or some other kind of eshop game (i.e. Boxboy, Part-Time UFO)
  • FE4 remake's supposedly been finished for Switch ages ago
  • Mario Baseball to round out the Mario sports catalog on Switch?
  • Prime 2/3, maaaybe Prime 4 (I'm not totally sold on the idea it needs to be a Switch 2 launch title personally; I think it makes more sense as the Switch's TLOU Part 2 rather than Switch 2's BotW, if that makes sense)
  • one of either Tomodachi Life or Rhythm Heaven feels possible; neither exactly screams "this needs the power of next-gen to happen"
  • Hagi ports (DCK Returns feels like the most obvious candidate there; could also see Luigi's Mansion or F-Zero GX happening)
  • whatever remaster Bandai-Namco was hiring for
  • swinging for the fences here: they could finally hit the "in case of emergency, localize Mother 3" button
  • DLC for Pikmin 4 and/or Mario Wonder (both Pikmin 3 and NSBU had paid DLC on the WiiU)

Obviously not expecting all of that to happen, but even just a couple of those plus what we've already got confirmed would (imo) make for a pretty decent lineup for a console in its 8th (and please let it be the final) year
Right now my guess at the lineup would be TTYD for April, something HAL in May, Luigi's Mansion 2 in June, Bamco remaster and Hagi port in July, FE4 remake in August, WW and/or TP in September, Prime 4 and Mario Party in October, Pokemon in November, Tomodachi Life or Rhythm Heaven in December

Last edited:
I think MonkEPD is a relative possibility for the holiday game and well-timed. It'd be overshadowed by Mario at launch and DKC did quite well as one of the last major Wii releases, this time in theory with added legs of being upgraded on the Switch 2.

giphy.gif

Pray that this year's mandatory Pokemon game isn't the umpteenth remake, because that's all that's left

I think I'll pick:

April - Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
May - Fire Emblem 4
June - Luigi's Mansion 2 (plus LM1??)
July - Legend of Zelda WW + TP
August - Pokemon Spinoff??
September - Donkey Kong
October - Metroid Prime 4, Some Multiplayer Game
November - Pokemon BW
December - Nothing?

I think it looks something like this. Maybe swap Zelda and DK and add a Tomodachi and Mario Baseball in there. Maybe they lean on a Square Enix game like Dragon Quest III HD-2D for one month (August?). I'm not sure if Metroid Prime 2 (+3) makes it out or not, but I hope so!

I feel as if many are falling into the same logical fallacy of the 3DS, where many assumed the system was dead once the Switch came out. I think the year won't be nearly as dry as some think/hope. I obviously on that note think this is the year we see Prime 4 and I think it'll release in October, and I could see one other first party game we don't know about release this year as well. Likewise every single Wii U port has gotten new content of some kind IIRC so if we get TP+WW it'll have some new element to sell it on. Ideally if I am allowed to day dream, it would be a new dungeon themed around the Zonai for both games, like the Spirit Temple in OOT but instead of Kid and Adult it's TP and WW, but that's just wild speculation/fanfiction on my end.

What is known:
Princess Peach Showstopper
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door HD
Splatoon 3: Side Order

Safe guesses:
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 2
Luigi's Mansion (HAGI Gamecube ROM dump, shadowdropped prior to LM2)
Pokemon Black and White remakes

Confident but not guaranteed:
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid Prime 4
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Pokemon Legends(: Celebi)
Super Mario Wonder DLC

Shit ton of more Gamecube ROM dumps
1080 Avalanche​
Battalion Wars​
Chibi Robo​
Custom Robo​
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem​
F-Zero GX​
Geist​
Mario Superstar Baseball​
Kirby Air Ride​
Starfox Adventures​
Starfox Assault​
Wario World​
NSO Roadmap
N64:​
Banjo Tooie​
Blast Corps​
Conker's Bad Fur Day​
Diddy Kong Racing​
Perfect Dark​
StarCraft 64​
Super Smash Bros.​
GBA:​
(so many)​
Any/all of the Pokemon Gameboy games (RBYGSC...RSEFrLg?), compatible with Pokemon HOME
Donkey Kong
New Pokemon Snap DLC
Pikmin 4 DLC

Like I really do not expect anything in terms of new entries, let alone new IPs (even Princess Peach is a stretch being an extension of Super Mario's universe). Old Shit Year will reign supreme, and so help me god they better pull out all the stops if they fully intend to coast on a drought all over again like Gamecube, Wii and Wii U.

Besides what's already announced, I'd say FE4 is the most likely to land this year. Maybe Prime 4?

Pokemon is a guarantee, hoping it's an interesting one instead of a basic remake

Honestly if we get Tomodachi Life and Rhythm Heaven along with a Pokémon game set in Johto this will be the Switch’s best year of all time in my eyes

• March: Peach Showtime, which gets no higher than a 67 on Metacritic
  • April: New Mario Baseball that launches with 10 characters and 4 stadiums, with the rest drip-fed through the rest of the year
  • June: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, which turns out to be a bare bones but marginally visually improved remaster with zero new content
  • July: TTYD remake in time for its 20th anniversary, surprisingly generous with new content to chew on
  • Aug: Something Fire Emblem that people have been asking for
  • Sep: Either new NSO GB/GBA/N64 games that should've been on the service years ago, or a new "99" game that coincides with F-Zero 99 being sent to the shadow realm with Mario 35 and Pac-Man 99
  • Oct: Pokemon game that looks and runs like a sloth wearing bad makeup
  • Nov: New Donkey Kong, probably the real highlight of the year
  • Dec: Wario Land... developed by Arzest

I would say:
  • April: Metroid Prime 2+3 HD.
  • May: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD.
  • June: Fire Emblem 4 Remake and Pokemon Spinoff (Mystery Dungeon is my guess).
  • July: Paper Mario TTYD. It will include extra content of some sort.
  • August: Metroid Prime 4.
  • September: New 2D Donkey Kong.
  • October: New Mario Party and Zelda WW/TP HD ports.
  • November: Pokemon B/W Remakes.

I think Mario Sports is saved for Q1 2023 since Switch 2 is March at the earliest. I do not think they were remotely prepared but they will release some of the stuff they have been sitting on and have a decent holiday.

As for third party, hopefully Team Asano shows up, but I do not think they will have anything for this year. The only console exclusive I can see is a Monster Hunter Stories 3 and a Warriors game.

I will say this: I think it would be smart on their part to do price drops and bring back the Selects,line so to increase the Switch's momentum. On top of that, doing a bit of fanservice moves (Ex: mainline Pokemon Games on NSO and increase NSO output will also help alliviate this light year).

As for third party, hopefully Team Asano shows up, but I do not think they will have anything for this year.

That dragon quest HD2D remake they've been working on for ages has to show up eventually!

I do imagine they'll sit on a new title for the next platform if they have one in the oven though

As for third party, hopefully Team Asano shows up, but I do not think they will have anything for this year.

Asano’s new years comments implied quite the opposite:

2023 was mainly a year of preparation, but some titles are finally approaching the final stages of development. We will finish it well with the whole team!

I imagine they’ll have plenty to show next year, even beyond DQIII.

Prime 2+3 basic remaster, maybe launched separately digitally to pad the year out a bit and then physically together later.

Fire Emblem 4 remake, (or another fire emblem thing if those rumours are wrong).

Pokemon BW1 ILCA (2 doesn't come), with either Paradox Gen 9+ engine or legends engine or something inbetween. Black/White openish world game (more likely future rather than past) happening 2025 at some point. Honestly March seems like a good time. Maybe it will actually get a (somewhat unambitious) next gen patch launch with Switch 2?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is in the cards... buuut I think Spike Chunsoft might be doing other things instead.

WW HD specifically. But not TP HD, which is 2025. I don't see a dual pack happening. There is a lot of room between TOTK and the next 3d Zelda to fill Zelda-wise.

Maybe no Super Mario Wonder DLC...I'm just not feeling it. IDK. I know even NSMBU got the luigi stuff but lots of switch games that should reasonably have gotten DLC did not and it seems to me like the devs were probably creatively fulfilled and wouldn't see a need for DLC this time? I'd like to be wrong and we have like 2 new worlds full of new ideas.

Either Fire emblem or dare I say, Metroid Prime 4 will be the holiday title along side ILCA Pokemon. I can still see Prime 4 being held back as a launch window game for Switch 2. But I don't think its impossible the Switch 1 version comes first.

Donkey Kong... Maybe? There were a lot of rumours about a new 2d DK, but nothing super substantial. Who's making it exactly? Im 50:50 on this one and would honestly be leaning against it if Switch 2 was likely this year. I hope I'm wrong on this. We need something to fill the year in and DK seems reasonable enough.

Actually I'm feeling DK returns hd port energy in the air.

Hopium:

New Grezzo game, ideally something Zelda-ish better yet, a completely new 2d game. I think they've proven themselves enough to give it a try. I think Ever Oasis 2, something new, or a different port is more likely though. 2023 was a phone game. Honestly could see Miitopia 2 or Tamodachi as well.

Zelda TOTK Hyrule Warriors game. I could see it this year.

Mario Party... buuut I could see one being made for Switch 2 launch year with new controller gimmicks. Like HD rumble+ or Ps5 ish resistance triggers or something.

New 2k Kirby, or maybe (sadly) another port. The 3ds games are good. Either would be nice. But I'd prefer a new game.

F-zero GX HD

I couldn't dare guess what months these games would come out so I'll just stick to the game guessing haha.
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • TTYD
  • Prime 2+3
  • FE4
  • Prime 4
  • Pokemon Legends/Remake
  • Some smaller Pokemon game. Maybe mystery dungeon?
  • Mario Sports game(not baseball)
  • NES Remix remastered with some additions
Other than that...I really don't know. I don't see Donkey Kong happening this year.

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have tried to consider both the fact that Nintendo likely still did have games releasing this year for the Nintendo Switch and that they are likely still sitting on some games, rumored or not!

I do want to start with March because I do think we could get a normal Mini during the month and then a General two months later, similar to January 2018 to March 2018!

March - A smaller first-party e-Shop game is announced and released (I think something Kirby related!) and Princess Peach: Showtime!
April - Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (I actually think it could be dated this upcoming week to be the first-party news that is released alongside the Partner Showcase!) and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
May - F-Zero GX Remastered Shadow Drop during a General Nintendo Direct
June - Mario and Sonic at the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics and Metroid Prime 2+3 Remasters
July - Fire Emblem 4 Remake
August - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
September - Metroid Prime 4
October - New Donkey Kong Game
November - Pokémon Black and White (something. I am thinking remakes but I am unsure how they handle the Black/White and Black 2/White 2 element of it) and a new Mario Party
December - A smaller DLC release (maybe for the Donkey Kong game) or nothing.

I do feel like this might be too overly (maybe even more than "too overly") optimistic, especially in the September 2024 - December 2024 region but I do feel like some of this does happen this year, especially if Nintendo is sitting on a number of the remasters/ports/remakes. I also feel like there could be a Pokémon spin-off somewhere but it just didn't really seem to fit on here and I felt like it would not be too close to the Generation 5 remakes, so that did make it more difficult to find a spot for it! If I could of found a spot for a Kid Icarus-something or a Rhythm Heaven-something, I would have also loved to put those here as well! :D

Last edited:
I'm not very good at dates, so I'll just mention games :
  • Princess Peach Showtime!
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon

Metroid Prime 2+3 is possible but I don't know how credible the rumor is ? A new Donkey Kong, I don't believe it, I think Nintendo will save it for the next Switch.

For starters - I honestly knew to begin with that Switch 2 was gonna be reserved later from 2024 (I wouldn’t had minded either way).

Secondly - I think my Nintendo Direct bingo here is enough (maybe it’s outdated by now?). However, on Famicom Detective Club - I had recently brainstormed a few days ago that the fourth installment should be tropical themed (and I did sketch what Ayumi’s main appearance would be like and some day, I’m dying to commission a certain someone to draw it in a matching art style to those of the FDC remakes).

• Pikmin 4 DLC
  • A bad Star Fox game
  • A really good Kirby spin-off or remaster of Triple Deluxe
  • Just Metroid Prime 2. Prime 3 is condemned to the Galaxy 2 void
  • A direct follow-up to Metroid Dread
  • Ever Oasis remaster with DLC-like expanded content

• March: Princess Peach
• April: Metroid Prime 2 remastered
• May: Paper Mario
•June/July: Luigi Mansion 2 (+LM1 shadow drop)
• September: FE4 remake
• October: F-Zero GX or Kid Icarus Remaster
• November: Pokemon Jotho (Classic remake, legends celebi will arrive q1 2025, sorry Unova fan)
•November/December: Mario 3D all star Vol. 2 with Galaxy 2 HD, 3D land HD and Bowser’s Fury but NOT 3D world.
• January/February 25: Metroid Prime 3 HD

Metroid Prime 4, Zelda remaster and Xenoblade X will be saved for the switch 2 first year.

Edit: Bonus: hopefully this year we will see the Nintendo Selects return or some software bundle (es. Xenoblade Trilogy, Bayonetta Trilogy, Kirby compilation, Mario U + Maker, Mario Golf + Tennis, Splatoon 2+3 etc)

Last edited:
  • April: New Mario Baseball that launches with 10 characters and 4 stadiums, with the rest drip-fed through the rest of the year
Alright I know we're being pessimistic here, and I truly get it with Mario sports spinoffs on Switch, but that amount of characters is so absurdly low for baseball, people's teams would have 8 characters overlap between each other's teams. I think we'd at least get a bunch of filler picks like Toad and Shy Guy recolours like all the previous games. Even Sports Superstars on 3DS did this, and that game blows.

Unless you're talking Captains which would only be a slight downgrade from the previous usual 12.

• March: Princess Peach
• April: Metroid Prime 2 remastered
• May: Paper Mario
•June/July: Luigi Mansion 2 (+LM1 shadow drop)
• September: FE4 remake
• October: F-Zero GX or Kid Icarus Remaster
• November: Pokemon Jotho (Classic remake, legends celebi will arrive q1 2025, sorry Unova fan)
•November/December: Mario 3D all star Vol. 2 with Galaxy 2 HD, 3D land HD and Bowser’s Fury but NOT 3D world.
• January/February 25: Metroid Prime 3 HD

Metroid Prime 4, Zelda remaster and Xenoblade X will be saved for the switch 2 first year.

Edit: Bonus: hopefully this year we will see the Nintendo Selects return or some software bundle (es. Xenoblade Trilogy, Bayonetta Trilogy, Kirby compilation, Mario U + Maker, etc)
It's interesting to think about Nintendo having a release where Bowser's Fury is totally separate from 3D World... I like that thinking honestly HAHA

It's interesting to think about Nintendo having a release where Bowser's Fury is totally separate from 3D World... I like that thinking honestly HAHA
I wanted something crazy/Nintendo Style 🤣

However I’d love it, played 3d world on Wii U, didn’t want drop 60 bucks only for a 6 hour game. Maybe they also may want to hype for the next gen 3D Mario that will likely release next year. 🤞🏻

This will be one of those years where some of us will love the schedule whilst others with loathe it and say Nintendo are doomed! I think we have our releases set until June

March: Princess Peach Showtime
April/May: Paper Mario TTYD
May/June: Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD

July onwards I feel will be made up of games they have held back for such an eventuality of Switch 2 not making it this year.

July: Fire Emblem 4 remake
August: FZero GX HD
September: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Think TP HD will be saved to release 2025/26)
October: Pokemon B/W remake, Tomodachi life/Miitopida level game
November: Metroid Prime 4, DK 2D game

Prime 4 won't make it out until 2025, when the successor console launches. That is my one bold prediction, as anything else will just echo what others have said here. It will launch on both systems, with the new console using the visual enhancements to show iff what it can do. No other real difference between the two, except possibly reduced loading times etc.

Besides the scant few first party offerings and the possibility of a few third party surprises for the (rumoured) upcoming partner direct, it's going to be slim pickings this year.

What we know: Peach, Mansion
Port city: Metroid and Zelda
DLC: Pikmin, outside chance of Mario Wonder
Third party: Shadows of the Damned (maybe), a handful of eshop-only titles
Indies: probably a steady flow of these, the most significant portion of releases in 2024

It's not bleak, but it's not earth-shaking.

This will be one of those years where some of us will love the schedule whilst others with loathe it and say Nintendo are doomed! I think we have our releases set until June

March: Princess Peach Showtime
April/May: Paper Mario TTYD
May/June: Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD

July onwards I feel will be made up of games they have held back for such an eventuality of Switch 2 not making it this year.

July: Fire Emblem 4 remake
August: FZero GX HD
September: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Think TP HD will be saved to release 2025/26)
October: Pokemon B/W remake, Tomodachi life/Miitopida level game
November: Metroid Prime 4, DK 2D game
If they had a 2D DK game, Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Zelda remakes etc... for Switch 1 they would have just had a general direct - it's simply not happening.

I don't think Metroid Prime 4 is coming out this year.

Could be Donkey Kong if the Universal Studios ride is supposed to open this year. Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury released right alongside the opening of Super Nintendo World at Universal and the Mario area there looks just like Mario 3D World.

I'm expecting a new Mario Party game (we get one every three years so that should be ready by now).
I'm guessing Paper Mario will come in the second half of the year (probably a September or October release) given that we only have 2024 as the launch window for it.
We'll find out what are the two remaining titles for the first half of the year quite soon IMO.

They‘ll release a new Hanafuda game for their long time fans, now that Switch 2 is guaranteed to flop it‘s time for them to departure from the videogame-industry and return to their roots.

Back
Top Bottom