• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition Announced - July 18th (+ Deluxe Edition)

Yeah can I get uhhh NES Remix, hold the remix?

Honestly I do really like the NWC branding being used; I think it’s especially fascinating that they are keeping it consistent across all regions, even with the original events being NoA productions. Still, going by the gameplay it’s definitely a game I would skip if it were digital only (but unfortunately I really like that collectors edition so I already have my preorder in)

This looks neat and while I usually love physical copies, it’s a bit too pricey for me with all of the stuff included for a game I’m only interested just enough in. Will decide tonight, but 90% sure I’ll be rolling digital here.

the comparisons to NES Remix are funny considering the actual NES Nintendo World Championships was just that done first lol

If there’s actual post-release support that adds games and challenges that would be pretty dope. Might consider it then.

I liked NES Remix back then and was excited for this, but watching the trailer and thinking about getting myself to get perfect scores in all these challeges, I felt dread more than anything. Hope everyone has fun.

There's a bunch of footage of the game in the final installment of the Famicom 40th video series. Get a little peek at the initial profile setup, and then plenty of gameplay both solo and in multiplayer.

Few things I took note of:
  • There's a few screens of introductory text at the start explaining the Nintendo World Championships (and other NES / Famicom era) events.
  • Options for your profile: icon (bunch of sprites from the included games), catchphrase, and favourite Famicom or NES game (latter seemingly has very complete lists for both).
  • While playing solo there's an option to have a replay of your previous best time running alongside your current attempt, in order to compare the run live.
  • Failing (like losing a life in Mario) seems to rewind you back to the start of the challenge while keeping the timer going.
  • Multiplayer lets you select either individual challenges or a marathon of multiple in a row.
  • In the marathon mode you get a quick screen explaining the challenge, where you can also practice or quit out early. All players have to press A before the challenge begins.
gK2sYqA.png
4YgogVf.png
RiVyyuR.png
xoPe23j.png
cFSTRvu.png
137ElQt.png
QgGEsFV.png
v9WleMw.png
cy1bdqH.png

There's a bunch of footage of the game in the final installment of the Famicom 40th video series. Get a little peek at the initial profile setup, and then plenty of gameplay of the challenges both solo and in multiplayer.

• There's a few screens of introductory text explaining the Nintendo World Championships (and other NES / Famicom era) events.
  • Options for your profile: icon (bunch of sprites from the included games), catchphrase and favourite Famicom or NES game (latter seemingly has very complete lists for both).
  • While playing solo there's an option to have a replay of your previous best time running alongside your current attempt, in order to compare the run live.
  • Failing (like losing a life in Mario) seems to rewind you back to the start of the challenge while keeping the timer going.
  • Multiplayer lets you select either individual challenges or a marathon of multiple in a row.
  • In the marathon mode you get a quick screen explaining the challenge, where you can also practice or quit out early. All players have to press A before the challenge begins.
gK2sYqA.png
4YgogVf.png
RiVyyuR.png
xoPe23j.png
cFSTRvu.png
137ElQt.png
QgGEsFV.png
v9WleMw.png
cy1bdqH.png

for some reason the UI reminds me of...Xenoblade of all things

Watched the trailer last night and this looks like rebadged NES Remix with multiplayer. Am I missing something?

Grabbed the NWC SE with the Famicom joycons from Amazon JP.

My wallet is thankful that the NA version went with the cart replica; I'm not sure I could have resisted double dipping had it included the the NES joycons.

Amazon Japan's item page is now saying it can't be delivered to my address. Hopefully they don't cancel my pre-order at the last minute.

While it makes sense they wouldn’t have games like Startropics included because of Japan, I’m surprised there’s no Punch-Out. Seems like a perfect addition for speedrunning gameplay.

While it makes sense they wouldn’t have games like Startropics included because of Japan, I’m surprised there’s no Punch-Out. Seems like a perfect addition for speedrunning gameplay.
Eh I mean it’s US themed to start with so I don’t think that’s an issue especially since they did a Japan release.

I am bummed they didn’t just throw in the whole nes first party lineup tho

More content is always better, but I remember the Punch-Out!! challenges as being longer and tougher than the rest of Remix 2. Probably the same reason none of the sports games are here. If the included content all trends towards a specific vibe, then I can understand the decision.

I didn't realize a trailer for this dropped after all the discourse and was on the eShop and saw it and was so confused. Weird timing for this really

I’m actually looking forward to this. As someone who’s a casual speedrunner I think this will be lots of fun.

Just a heads up/bump.

Got my preorder link from MyNintendoStore just now
Same. Sitting in the queue now, fingers crossed.

Edit: Just found out PayPal is only an option for pre-orders within 28 days of release date. Goodbye, sweet physical collector's edition, I hardly knew ya.

Last edited:
Managed to snag my copy; the queue went fairly quickly, so hopefully other people will be lucky and get theirs!

I know this is utterly frivolous, but I don’t really mind. Rarely ever buy Nintendo merch to begin with nowadays.

Hoping everyone else got their pre-order in smoothly! I saw the email ping in as I was talking to a colleague at my desk and the levels of UH HUH YUP ABSOLUTELY I was throwing out as I hurriedly booted up the queue and got that thing in my cart were frankly unbelievable.

Zero remixed elements though? Idk.

Also, very short challenges, non-remixed. Like less than 10 seconds. I think I have to pass.

The game actually looks pretty fun going by that new gameplay video. It’s something I can see myself playing with friends as part of multiplayer sessions.

I mostly wanted this for the physically goodies though so the game is just a bonus haha

Back
Top Bottom