• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo to remove the possibility of taking screenshots from your switch and posting it on Twitter.

1024px-Miiverse_logo.svg.png
If it only returned...

allow your platform to be swarmed with bots and the most bottom-of-the-barrel bigots/fascists imaginable, charge companies absurd amounts of money for the most basic means of accessing your API and then go "wtf why are all our major advertisers and partners leaving?!?!". fantastic job, elon. all according to plan i'm sure.

bluesky gang keeps winning.

What sucks about this is that there's no good replacement for Twitter yet. Bluesky is cool but no one is really on it and you know Nintendo isn't going to add support for it. At this point maybe a partnership with something like Buffer would work better, let users set up whatever accounts they want through there. That's not going to happen, but I also don't see another solution unless Nintendo hosts images themselves.

allow your platform to be swarmed with bots and the most bottom-of-the-barrel bigots/fascists imaginable, charge companies absurd amounts of money for the most basic means of accessing your API and then go "wtf why are all our major advertisers and partners leaving?!?!". fantastic job, elon. all according to plan i'm sure.

bluesky gang keeps winning.
I wouldn't be surprised if it literally is part of the plan. The victim complex is huge with rightwingers and he's already on the "everything I disagree with is woke" train, so if he forces major companies and a large part of the userbase off the platform and eventually the platform dies because of it he gets to say "see, the woke left have destroyed this platform that was once a pillar of worldwide communication because they hate freedom of speech." He's kinda been saying it already (just without the "they've killed it" part).

I wouldn't be surprised if it literally is part of the plan. The victim complex is huge with rightwingers and he's already on the "everything I disagree with is woke" train, so if he forces major companies and a large part of the userbase off the platform and eventually the platform dies because of it he gets to say "see, the woke left have destroyed this platform that was once a pillar of worldwide communication because they hate freedom of speech." He's kinda been saying it already (just without the "they've killed it" part).
Even simple bots were banned.

I had a bot that just creates a retangular pic of a colour randomly generated by hexadecimal numbers and posts online once per day.

I did not capture data, I did not post in other profiles, just a tweet a day type of account and it got axed.

Honestly, I do not know what they want. Charging an API like Reddit I can understand, but this in X makes no sense.

Too bad, I discovered a lot of new games reading the #NintendoSwitch hashtag. (Too bad that some publishers did not put the name of the game automatically in hashtags too).

Even simple bots were banned.

I had a bot that just creates a retangular pic of a colour randomly generated by hexadecimal numbers and posts online once per day.

I did not capture data, I did not post in other profiles, just a tweet a day type of account and it got axed.

Honestly, I do not know what they want. Charging an API like Reddit I can understand, but this in X makes no sense.

Too bad, I discovered a lot of new games reading the #NintendoSwitch hashtag. (Too bad that some publishers did not put the name of the game automatically in hashtags too).
Nutty that your bot was banned but the malicious bots are running hog wild 😩

Back
Top Bottom