• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo to remove the possibility of taking screenshots from your switch and posting it on Twitter.

Well as somebody who has:

1. Never gotten the transfer to phone feature to work, and
2. Is (usually) too lazy to hook my Switch up to my PC to transfer stuff

All I can say is damn.

Well....it was inevitable I guess. It does suck though cause I loved putting all of stuff twitter.

The gaming community is one of the largest and most vibrant communities on our platform, and we are dedicated to enhancing and supporting gaming-related features. As part of Nintendo's planned discontinuation of sharing content to X from the Nintendo Switch, from June 11th, users will need to download Switch gameplay media directly to their smartphones and share it natively on our platform. Our partnership with Nintendo remains strong, and we are working together to ensure a smooth transition for all users. We will continue collaborating with partners to bring new and exciting experiences to our global gaming community.

… what?

Just like… waive the API fee or whatever the hangup is if you value the partnership. This feels like they’re saying discontinuing Twitter integration is a feature? I…is every tech company getting dumber this week, what in the world is happening?

1024px-Miiverse_logo.svg.png

This is pretty lame.
Not really Nintendo's fault twitter was bought by an asshole and put up ridiculous API fees.

It's not worth whatever amount of publicity they have. I do think Nintendo needs to make it far easier to download screenshots to your phone though, so that it can be posted.

Don’t worry gang you can still dumped all your stuff album and share in… Facebook…

Like I’m surprised that Elon or X aren’t fighting to keep these feature on consoles, since the most talked about aspect in Twitter is either Anime and Gaming, with the exception of world news.

Thanks, Elon. Go fuck yourself.
Well as somebody who has:

1. Never gotten the transfer to phone feature to work, and
2. Is (usually) too lazy to hook my Switch up to my PC to transfer stuff

All I can say is damn.
Get the SwitchBuddy app for your phone. That works wonders for me in transferring photos/video to my phone.

Makes me wonder what's gonna happen with Splatoon's community art stuff. Downloading your clips and screenshots has been pretty easy with the phone QR code thing so I guess not all is lost.

Lots of people are going to blame Nintendo, but this is squarely Twitter's fault. That site is overrun with bots and racist nutjobs, and I don't blame Nintendo or any other company from wanting to distance themselves from it.

Not really Nintendo's fault twitter was bought by an asshole and put up ridiculous API fees.

It's not worth whatever amount of publicity they have. I do think Nintendo needs to make it far easier to download screenshots to your phone though, so that it can be posted.

There's gotta be a "send to NSO app" option in the successor's Album, much like whats done in Splatoon 3

Lots of people are going to blame Nintendo, but this is squarely Twitter's fault. That site is overrun with bots and racist nutjobs, and I don't blame Nintendo or any other company from wanting to distance themselves from it.
Why would alot of people blame Nintendo for this?

… what?

Just like… waive the API fee or whatever the hangup is if you value the partnership. This feels like they’re saying discontinuing Twitter integration is a feature? I…is every tech company getting dumber this week, what in the world is happening?

Surprisingly, before Elon took over the API used to be free.

It’s quite understandable since I’m curious how much it cost, since Sony removed the Twitter functionality last year.

Not surprising. That prick of a muskrat named Elon ruined Twitter as soon as he got his hands on it. It's full of shit that makes it look like Facebook 2 in some ways.

Have to say that I don't know if I expect too good of posts from the people still on Twitter.
Twitter sucks man.

There’s absolutely no moderation and Elon is the prime example of stealing others people works to make yourself successful.

His X buyout and cyber truck is a prime example of how incompetent that man child truly is.

The site's an absolute nazi pit and gets worse by the week, so I'm just stunned this didn't happen sooner.

Really if you're still using that site at this point, you need to get off. I don't care where you go to next, just leave. It does no good. Nothing but bigotry on that hellscape.

The site's an absolute nazi pit and gets worse by the week, so I'm just stunned this didn't happen sooner.

Really if you're still using that site at this point, you need to get off. I don't care where you go to next, just leave. It does no good. Nothing but bigotry on that hellscape.
I know that’s not the reason why they left, it’s most likely the increased API costs, but it’s why I left. Just so much racism, homophobia, transphobia, and all of that nazi shit pushed onto my TL thanks to the blue checkmark system boosting the voices of terrible people. The infestation of sex bots in every reply also didn’t help, site is basically impossible to use while staying sane. The site deserves to crash and burn, glad to see none of the console manufacturers supporting it.

I’m kind of conflicted but also not that conflicted. As a personal rule, I don’t like losing functionality.

However, I don’t use Twitter and more importantly, Elon Musk is such a garbage pail of a person that I’m glad companies are distancing themselves from his dumpster fire.

IMG-2327.jpg

Not even just that, but also an absolute legion of blue check, cryptoscam bots that constantly try to gas up awful tech “innovations” that HARM consumers with glowing critique like “WOW 👀 ABSOLUTE GAME CHANGER 🔥

… what?

I assume most of the dumb decisions are statements were decided by AI at this point.

That took longer than I was expecting. Must have needed some time to test the new Splatoon 3 faux-Miiverse servers.

… what?

This is hilarious

Disappointed for the loss of easy video sharing in particular, but at least Switch has one of the easiest ways to get photos on your phone and Splatoon 3 is in good shape so no big loss here. Will never not be wild every modern controller basically had a dedicated button for Twitter at one point and the stupid jerk who never should have been allowed to buy it ran it into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom