• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Nintendo Switch worldwide sales top 132.46 million (2.93M in the last quarter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the new results, but got me thinking.

Putting into perspective, the switch has sold almost PS2 and DS limits without any price cut on its entiry livespan (so far) or with a Trojan horse strategy attached to it.

This is just as a console and that's it.

Even if it does reach those levels, I think it deserves to be up there as a best console sold ever.

I anticipate Q3 unit sales btwn 8-9 million, which will put their platform sales over a cool 140 million 🤞
That's a bit much, IMO. Nintendo itself is only forecasting 140 million systems sold at the end of the fiscal year. You are essentially predicting that they will reach their full fiscal year goal (15 millions systems sold) in only 3 quarters.

DS and PS2 are still in reach because we don't know how long the Switch will sell after Switch 2 launches. They might do bundles and price cuts to get younger kids in or try to reach a part of the market that they feel they haven't been able to reach. The Switch has still life left in it especially when Indies are all over the Switch and I think they will continue to support it for a good while.

I would actually probably buy a switch 1 oled if the price would get low enough after a switch 2 announcement. But I really doubt it will happen. Shame because I do remember getting a new ps2 slim when they where at 99€

Damn this snuck up on me. I'm gonna guess the Switch is at 139-140 mil as of December 31st, 2023.

Last edited:
The Q3 earnings report is due on Tuesday morning, here are my predictions:

BwzxGsQ.png
I think thats a bit low for zelda personally.

well whatever we'll see

if pikmin 4 hasn't beaten metroid dread I'll probably drive out and stare at the ocean for five hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom