• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Sports |ST| WiiSPN 3 (Golf Update is Live)

What future sports would you like to see added?

• Archery

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • Baseball/Softball

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • Boxing

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Frisbee/Disc Golf

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Power Cruising/Air Sports

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Table Tennis

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Lacrosse

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Croquet

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Handball

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Pickle ball

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other (mention in comments)

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I can definitely see why someone would prefer OG Wii Sports over Switch Sports even if I don’t personally agree. The first one had such an elegant arcade-like simplicity reminiscent of NES-era Nintendo. It just feels very "whole" despite objectively being barebones.

Switch Sports really just needed more single player stuff to do. But I also feel like you could add to it almost endlessly.
Wii Sports also had training modes for each sport, as well as the silly "Wii Fitness" mode

They're really cutting it close with this. A few more days, and the online rewards would have run out.
I imagine they had a build ready with just updates to the rewards if for some reason the new features weren't ready.

Very interested in how the new ranks work.

With the current "everyone gets into A eventually" system, and this long after release, I've already started to be more confident seeing a C player on my team than a A24ish player, because the former might be good but still climbing instead of someone with a losing record who's just played a lot. Matchmaking could also stand to be tweaked, and added granularity is helpful in that regard.

On the other hand, given the long-ish queue times, I'm not sure how much room there really is for tightening the player pool.

Is it confirmed that this will add new collections to the game? The update timing being the same as the usual rotation (I think?) has led me to believe so

Is it confirmed that this will add new collections to the game? The update timing being the same as the usual rotation (I think?) has led me to believe so
I don't know if it was hard confirmed, but I think datamining suggested there would be more.

Regardless, the rewards rotate Wednesday night/Thursday morning, so the update is a day before.

I don't know if it was hard confirmed, but I think datamining suggested there would be more.

Regardless, the rewards rotate Wednesday night/Thursday morning, so the update is a day before.
Whoops! Thanks for letting me know haha

(Not so) secretly hoping that future updates will add more modes including singleplayer stuff but if that's off the table at least give us 1v1 Tennis

Huh, just did a 1 on 1 soccer match with a CPU to test out the leg strap thing, and was completely caught off guard by the smaller, indoor field. It occurs to me I've seen it in the overhead shots before, but I didn't realize that was actually functional. Guess it makes sense that a 1 on 1 would use a smaller field.

(Not so) secretly hoping that future updates will add more modes including singleplayer stuff but if that's off the table at least give us 1v1 Tennis
As an outsider to this game I didn’t realize it didn’t have that, jesus : o

I hope this update has some extras hidden away, enjoy all!

Cosmetics are cumulative right? If I jump in later this year i won’t have to wait for things to become unlockable again?

Quoted by: Tye
Cosmetics are cumulative right? If I jump in later this year i won’t have to wait for things to become unlockable again?
…Unfortunately, no. If you miss any…well, we don’t know for sure ‘cause they haven’t repeated any item collections yet, but presumably you’ll have to wait until they cycle back around again, which…probably won’t be anytime soon, sadly. =/

I make sure to play every week specifically so I don’t miss any cosmetics. I wish it was more accessible to people who jump in late or don’t play regularly, though… Kinda sucks that there are tons of cosmetics that are just completely inaccessible to newcomers and casual players. Doesn’t exactly help those people be incentivized to play more…

Now that there has been more datamining for the new update…has anyone seen a full sprite rip of all the stamps yet? I asked before in the ST but no one replied. Haven’t had any luck searching for it on my own, either…
Speaking of stamps, has anyone come across a sprite rip of all the stamps that are currently in the game? I’ve seen some posted online back at launch (including ones that weren’t released yet like the rabbit ones, since they were already in the game data at the time), but I haven’t been able to find a full rip of them yet. I’d really like to use them as stickers in messaging apps, lol.

Quoted by: Tye
The new volleyball moves are the secret star of this update. Especially the slide attack is lowkey a game changer and really adds a little bit of strategy to the game.

Biggest feature this update is the option to turn the ball camera off in soccer. Doesn't entirely eliminate the weirdness around walls, but positioning for overhead kicks or running underneath the ball to pick it up for a dribble is a lot less messy now.

Seems like A31, 32, 33, 34, 35 and so forth turned directly into S1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... According to the patch notes S will only go up to 9 before flipping over to infinity. Doesn't make huge sense, numbers- and continuity-wise, with all the legacy A20s and no A10s or sub10s in the system.

My sample size of games today was small. For what it's worth, I noticed no changes in matchmaking or queue times.

"Nintendo never listens to fan feedback" my butt. Adding Matt is a very specific and appreciated kind of fan pandering lol

Matt vs Daisy in "Most Anticipated First DLC Character" is gonna be the hottest category in this year's Fami Awards.

Last edited:
Feel like I’m seeing more glitchyness when match making. Bowling takes forever.

Otherwise a nice small update.

I still play this almost every day (only couldn't complete the robot set or whatever it was called so far) and it continues to be a pretty chill experience. However, if someone spams those fucking fruit emoticons I do everything in my power to destroy them.

Climbed 4 ranks in Soccer today after weeks of slow deterioration and I fully blame Splatoon sucking up anyone but the most fully committed Switch Sports players. Most games today were fully S5+ compared to the previous mish-mashs of high As, low S and infinites and I always do better enabling a functioning team than trying to hard carry myself.

…Sooooo, the latest update is available now, which adds more items. Anyone come across any datamines yet? 👀 I need to know if we’re finally getting the rabbit body!!

I had literally just looked that up a bit ago! lol So no rabbit body—figures, they’re probably saving it for Easter. >_> But hey, CAT EARS!! And dog stickers!! I’ll take it! lol

I can’t be the only one here still regularly playing this game weekly to get all the items, right?

I had literally just looked that up a bit ago! lol So no rabbit body—figures, they’re probably saving it for Easter. >_> But hey, CAT EARS!! And dog stickers!! I’ll take it! lol

I can’t be the only one here still regularly playing this game weekly to get all the items, right?
I still play it almost every day, only missed one collection so far. It's still fun, I do hope that there's more substantial updates past the Golf one.

I like to pop in sometimes and see what which sport has the hourly event bonus, and if it’s one that I’m not A-rank in yet I’ll play for the hour to work towards the current item card.

By the way, does anyone has any further information regarding those hourly event bonuses? They definitely weren’t a thing at launch, and I think they just suddenly appeared within the last couple months… I’m also not sure what determines when the bonus is 1.1× versus 1.2×; I guess it’s probably just random chance?

It’d be nice if someone made some sort of bot that pulls the event bonus schedule in this game like there is for Splatoon, but I’m guessing there’s just not enough interest in something like that…

I sure hope a fix is provided within a week… Would really suck if people missed out on some items because of this. I’m already caught up, fortunately, so I don’t have to worry at least. Still, this seems like a little…extreme?? Like, does this bug do more than just crash the game? ‘Cause if it’s not, like, messing up save data or something, I don’t think it’s really a big enough deal to withdraw the update and take the game offline… Especially since I managed to play for a few hours yesterday with the new update and didn’t have any crashing issues at all. 🤷

I sure hope a fix is provided within a week… Would really suck if people missed out on some items because of this. I’m already caught up, fortunately, so I don’t have to worry at least. Still, this seems like a little…extreme?? Like, does this bug do more than just crash the game? ‘Cause if it’s not, like, messing up save data or something, I don’t think it’s really a big enough deal to withdraw the update and take the game offline… Especially since I managed to play for a few hours yesterday with the new update and didn’t have any crashing issues at all. 🤷
I read this somewhere but they've also stopped save data backups of the game so it does seem to be affecting save files.

Nintendo have no common sense. The best thing to do here was to give away the whole of the week's set to everyone with an online membership.
What they're doing is much more generous than just giving out some items that you can now get in a few short sessions.

Double points allowed me to make up for neglecting the game due to Splatoon. Would have been the first time I missed a collection.

Unfortunately, the fun is gone. Soccer meta never developed in the direction I hoped for. There's still people who want to play keeper all game only to not block the one shot coming their way and 90% of goals are scored by aggressively stuffing clearance attempts. Teammates looking for open space or looking for teammates in open space are rare. Too rare for me to want to bother grinding dozens and dozens of matches to find one, let alone a functioning set of three, of them.

Today should be the last day to get double points but maybe it's already over, haven't checked in a week since I got everything super quickly.

Finally bought this and had a lil ol' go on all of them. Very fun but a low-key mega annoyed there's no singles tennis?

Looking forward to golf.

Back
Top Bottom