• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE GAME VOUCHERS ARE COMING BACK IN NORTH AMERICA

Smiling%20Leo%20Perfect%20GIF.gif

As someone who buys all of the big Nintendo games physically (gotta save on that storage space), the voucher system never did much for me, personally. Still, the fact that it was still available in other regions besides North America was always a bit strange, so I'm happy for those who get to take advantage of this!

It makes sense when insiders have said Nintendo has no major games coming after TOTK. So they need some other incentives.

/s

As someone who buys all of the big Nintendo games physically (gotta save on that storage space), the voucher system never did much for me, personally. Still, the fact that it was still available in other regions besides North America was always a bit strange, so I'm happy for those who get to take advantage of this!
Overall same except for Splatoon 2 and 3.

This is actually pretty hype though!

Great means i only need to add 40$ to my wallet and ill have the funds for Pikmin 4 and TOTK on my wallet

tasty fucking news

quoting my question from the speculation thread bc I'm curious

the way they did this just after scarlet and violet so people can't have gotten a discount on the double pack

wait a sec, in europe were those options for vouchers bc damn if anyone got the double pack digitally...

Never used these myself, but their leaving the Americas--and the Americas alone--is one of those things of the Switch era that I've always wanted to know the reasoning behind.

I forgot until now that they were gone in the US. Good for you and Nintendo weird weird weird I guess

I guess I'm getting Bayo Origins and Kirby this way. I need a partner for TotK as well.

I'm still buying Zelda physical, but unless Pikmin 4 has a collector's edition hopefully I can grab it digitally and find something else with saving the money

What was the dumbass reason that they left in the first place when other regions had them?
NoA probably thought we were all desperate enough to buy these games digitally without having to discount them and they were probably right

This would totally be a Zelda option for me. Depends on what gets announced for this gear. Also definitively a direct announcement

Never used these myself, but their leaving the Americas--and the Americas alone--is one of those things of the Switch era that I've always wanted to know the reasoning behind.
hi, american here, I can answer this. americans very ardently only buy one video game at a time

I honestly think since they obviously hit "unlisted" instead of "private" for the video initially, it'll be a twitter announcement as early as tomorrow morning.

My guess on why the vouchers left NA is because maybe the numbers for digital is higher in NA compared to say Japan and Nintendo sees this as a way to increase people buying digital over physical. With that said maybe they saw the digital sales in NA were declining and that's why they're bringing them back but this is just a wild guess on my part.

Even if Zelda is not incluided the vouchers are good value here in MX as goddam ratamel still control the prices for any first party

I'm a physical type of guy, especially for big games like Zelda, but this may convince me to get Kirby and Advance Wars or some other smaller releases

Im guessing they would have announced this in a Direct?

Could see myself using this on Zelda and Kirby for sure.

Video got delisted but some twitter users got the video before it was taken down. Definitely US related and updated with new games with the talk of Splatoon 3 and Pokemon Scarlet for $99.98 USD.

Feels like the fire for a new Direct is starting to smoke

im really hoping this not going to be a twitter drop tomorrow and that it is part of an actual Nintendo Direct

My guess on why the vouchers left NA is because maybe the numbers for digital is higher in NA compared to say Japan and Nintendo sees this as a way to increase people buying digital over physical. With that said maybe they saw the digital sales in NA were declining and that's why they're bringing them back but this is just a wild guess on my part.
I don't think that's the case but your post made me think, what if big retailers gad issue with it? I mean, if you are GameStop, Walmart, Target etc and you are selling games at 60$ while people can buy them straight from Nintendo for less, I can see the problem.

North Americans buy the most Nintendo games by alot compared to other territories so I figure Nintendo was like "Those suckers will buy our games at full price in droves anyway, so why giving them a discount" haha

That’s not the US site (it’s the Australian) if that’s what your suggesting. Game vouchers have continued to be available in many non-US locations still (unless Australia was one of them cut off) The US is one of the countries that were denied future access after the initial run.
I knew it was the Australian site, but I didn’t know that they weren’t discontinued in many countries, will edit post.

unless Australia was one of them cut off

It was only the US (+ associated regions overseen by NoA) that lost them (out of regions that had them in the first place).

I’d make a joke about Doug Bowser but y’all were cheated out of so many more things during Reggie’s tenure so that wouldn’t be fair.

Back
Top Bottom