• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New 2024 Poll Up

How will Nintendo handle the NSO with the launch of the Switch 2

• Everything on the service becomes playable on launch day of the new system.

Votes: 157 77.7%
  • A slow roll out with a promise to move everything over within 12 months from launch day

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • LOL Nintendo is going to start all over with just NES games in late 2025

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • Nothing will transfer over because the Switch 2 won't be backwards compatible with the Switch 1

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
golden sun fans please try shining force 1 and 2 while you wait if you haven't already

they are some camelot-ass rpgs

Maybe someone can get the working designs games out of licensing hell to be out on there.

The big problem with WD is vic himself and as long as he’s stupid enough to think his writing is worth $$$$, those TLs will never be reissued

I dont think i want a popful mail TL that calls me the R word, either. Better to just redo it from scratch

The big problem with WD is vic himself and as long as he’s stupid enough to think his writing is worth $$$$, those TLs will never be reissued

I dont think i want a popful mail TL that calls me the R word, either. Better to just redo it from scratch
That’s true. If they could redo those but still keep the campy voice acting, it would be perfect. I don’t know who owns the rights to the games though.

I also wouldn't mind new localizations that undid WD's balance destroying game design tweaks to the games.

That’s true. If they could redo those but still keep the campy voice acting, it would be perfect. I don’t know who owns the rights to the games though.
Gungho owns Lunar 1-2, Falcom owns Popful Mail and Sega owns their version of it, and Sims (yes, they're still around!) owns Vay.

Just hoping that Maximum Velocity happens sometime soon and that it comes with the other GBA F-Zero games like how the Mario Advance games and the Fire Emblem games were handled. I'd imagine they don't want to take too much attention away from F-Zero 99 right now and Golden Sun fans have nothing right now, but I would like an F-Zero game that plays well offline in handheld mode.
99 kicks you out of practice mode, SNES is my least favourite one because of it's controls and X is way too sensitive on Switch still, with an inconsistent framerate over a year and a half after it was added. They fixed the sensitivity on WiiU VC fairly quick, so to see nothing happen for X for ever stings. Not that it'd really matter cause the side attack buttons would still be lopsided without rebinding the whole console in a way that doesn't even work on all controllers.

Golden Sun will be released the day after they announce the reveal presentation for the Switch 2 and no one will give it any attention whatsoever.

As is the fate of Golden Sun.
Or they could release it right now!

.....Where it'll promptly be buried under Mario, Sonic, and Spider-Man

I also wouldn't mind new localizations that undid WD's balance destroying game design tweaks to the games.

Gungho owns Lunar 1-2, Falcom owns Popful Mail and Sega owns their version of it, and Sims (yes, they're still around!) owns Vay.
I doubt that'll ever happen. At this point I just want any version of Eternal Blue to get a port or new version. We've had 3 new versions/ports of Silver Star since the PS1 and no new versions/ports of Eternal Blue.

If we got Japan-only games on a western-exclusive event, does that mean Japan will have Western games? What Western-made games that are on NSO in the Americas and Europe should be on this hypothetical Japanese update?

Now that we finally got Mario Party 3, I can begin my campaign to bring this game to the platform...
Waialae_country_club.jpg

Can't wait for the update to come along and for F-Zero X's framerate issues to still not be fixed.

Also I know probably nobody else cares, but I hope they add the "reproduce classic feel" option like the GB/GBA NSO apps have, to make it so games are their original 240p resolution and maybe with a CRT filter. Never liked how 2D assets looked in N64 emulators when upscaled, the filtering makes it so there's visible seams, but playing it in low res hides that.
Also, per game button mapping would be nice but I've given up on getting something WiiU VC had at this point.

1080 Snowboarding and Excitebike 64 could probably be brought together in a dual pack if Nintendo felt so inclined like in November 2022 with Mario Party 1 and 2, but even if they are split between November and December of this year, I wonder how long it'll take for them to bring out a roadmap for N64 again. February Direct with the latest surge of subscribers up for renewal back when GBA was first unveiled?

1080 Snowboarding and Excitebike 64 could probably be brought together in a dual pack if Nintendo felt so inclined like in November 2022 with Mario Party 1 and 2, but even if they are split between November and December of this year, I wonder how long it'll take for them to bring out a roadmap for N64 again. February Direct with the latest surge of subscribers up for renewal back when GBA was first unveiled?
Excitebike 64 came out last month

...oh wait, yeah.

So it's just 1080 Snowboarding left to be added? Probably a November GBA game and save the final N64 roadmap game for December?
Outside of Japan yes only 1080 for N64 left. Japan still has Harvest Moon and Goldeneye. GBA is F Zero and Golden Sun left.

I’m definitely in the minority here but I vastly prefer Genesis/Mega Drive updates to N64 updates lol

Hopefully we see some Sega love soon!
Me too. It’s still beyond ridiculous to me that Nintendo treats these N64 and GBA games as needing their own month as if they are some kind of event. At least give us some of each system a month (and give Konami some of my money for TG16 already!)

Is this the quickest expansion pack turnaround? Three days from announcement? They’re usually a week in advance
Problem is the release lineup is starting to crunch together and probably want this to come in an off week with WarioWare in the docket next Friday.

Back
Top Bottom