• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2022 Year in Review

Lol my most played games are:
  1. Switch Sports at 87 hours
  2. Pokemon Legends Arceus at 84 hours
  3. Legend of Zelda Botw at 57 hours
  4. Pokemon Scarlet at 49 hours
  5. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles at 43 hours
Somehow Switch Sports surprised me even tho I played enough to get all the items for each week lol also did not think I played that much botw this year, so that was surprising. Nintendo did get right suggesting that I look forward to both totk and fe engage in the new year lol the two games I am most excited for next year.

EaLt39t.png

3tEJ3NL.png

210 hours in Sunbreak, lol
After that, it was my replay of Dragon Quest XIS at 90 hours, then 55 in Undernauts.

Xenoblade 3 with 130 hours, ACNH with 93 and FE Three Houses with 49 hours. Sounds about right, though the numbers for ACNH and especially FE would've been higher if they counted this month. I'm on my second Three Houses run right now.

Overall, though, Xenoblade 3 aside, it shows how quiet this year was for me. H2 2021 was just crazy: Great Ace Attorney, Skyward Sword HD, Metroid Dread... This year had an early bump with Arceus and Kirby, but then it was mostly lord of the flies until XC3 came out. Meanwhile i played Celeste and Link's Awakening for the first time, and those were great. Nier Automata is still in my backlog, i should get back to it. Probably would've bought P5R and Crisis Core too if my financial situation was a bit better.

Last edited:
Did not expect me playing Arceus for 184 hours but apparently I did. The extra 80 hours into Animal Crossing was also a surprise but then I remember I felt like finishing the museum(minus the art section for which I pretend doesn't exist.)

1) Xenoblade 3 - 135 hours
2) Rune Factory 4 Special - 100 hours
3) Pokemon Violet - 44 hours
4) Live A Live - 32 hours
5) 13 Sentinels - 31 hours
6) Ai The Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative - 24 hours

Not surprised by any of these

My 3+ years in were Mario Maker 2, SNES Online, and Mega Man X Collection 1

Don't mind me, just buzzing through and Yeah!ing anyone who has Xenoblade in their year end review.

I had about 90 hours in Pokemon Legends Arceus, I've got about 30 in Pokemon Scarlet, then roughly 20 in the N64 app. Everything else is basically peanuts.

m6MlH0k.png

Surprised to see Mystery Dungeon above Scarlet. I guess Nov. 30 being the cut-off date is to blame here ahah

Last edited:
Gqb6a9P.png

Not surprised Xenoblade 3 was my most played this year haha
IxqhAsn.png

Honestly surprised I played more Smash then Splatoon 3, Sunbreak, MK8 and Arceus this year.

My hours were about the same as last year, but that's entirely to more Animal Crossing, the new Kirby, and then third-party games. Not much for me from Nintendo this year.

It's borked all over the place. It says my most played game for October is Overwatch 2, even though all I did with that was install it, get to the screen asking for my phone number, and deleted it.
Yeah mine congratulated me on 3+ years of 3D all stars, lol

Most played game is Isaac with 79 hours but that counts my brother who plays on my account and started the game this year.

Other two are Pokemon Legends and Pokemon Scarlet which are also the only 2022 games I've bought on Switch (in general I believe it was those two and Vampire Survivors but I might be forgetting something).

Data is until Novermber btw, most played in the site is Xenoblade at 287 but in my Switch is 315 and you can see that it tells you in a message

Anyway really bad summary this year. If you copy the request as curl and paste it on postman you can run this small script in tests to check your total hours

Code:
pm.test("Test", function () {
    jsonData = pm.response.json();
    const gamesPlayed = jsonData.data.customer.yearInReview.gamesPlayed;
    var totalSeconds = 0;
    gamesPlayed.forEach(function (item, index) {
        totalSeconds = totalSeconds + item.totalSecondsPlayed;
    });
    console.log('total hours ' + totalSeconds/60/60);
});

The recap is clunkier than past years, but I was able to get my top five play times:

1. Nintendo 64 Online - 200 hours
2. Xenoblade 3 - 158 hours
3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 124 hours
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 100 hours
5. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - 48 hours

I don't share my data with Nintendo and can't use their website. o_O
But Homebrew gives me more accurate data. ;)

Fj45D4kWIAEZAB2

Fj45FqUWAAAPCBG

Fj45HNmXwAEee3n

Fj45IU9XwAIQmtQ

1. Pokemon Legends: Arceus - 83 hours
2. Easy Come Easy Golf - 65 hours
3. Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 38 hours
4. Death's Door - 33 hours
5. Pikmin 3 Deluxe - 28 hours

My total playtime was somewhere in the region of 620 hours, which is a notable drop over previous years. I think they came in at the 800 to 900 mark but I cba looking it up. Some of the difference is made up by me using my Xbox Series for somewhere around 140 hours this year. Top 10 because I only posted a Top 3 before:

1) Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (131 hours/140 as of yesterday)
2) Monster Hunter Rise (75 hours)
3) Triangle Strategy (74 hours)
4) Splatoon 3 (42 hours/55 as of today)
5) Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (38 hours)
6) NSO N64 (36 hours)
7) Dungeon Encounters (32 hours)
8) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (29 hours)
9) Live Alive (25 hours)
10) Pokemon Legends (22 hours)

You may be surprised to know that RPGs accounted for 42% of my hours played on Switch...

But Homebrew gives me more accurate
This is way better than what Nintend has, what the heck.

Top 10 games I’ve played:
1. Rune Factory 5
2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
3. Monster Hunter Rise
4. Pokemon Scarlet
5. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
6. Baba Is You (did you know there are user-created levels and a lot of them are fiendish
7. Indivisible
8. Tetris 99
9. The Great Ace Attorney
10. Slay the Spire

Not sharing mine right now since the year’s not even over yet, so it wouldn’t be complete…

Also, for people who say their records are wrong, are you sure your system’s date and time is and has always been correct? I see a lot of friends’ Play Activity get messed up on my Friend List because they mess around with their system’s date and time…
Messed up how? You mean just not showing in the correct order?

Quoted by: Tye
Messed up how? You mean just not showing in the correct order?
That’s the main thing that I’ve consistently observed, yeah, along with skipping the “First played x days ago” message, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it also screws with the play time records in other ways as well. After all, your Play Activity gets messed up simply from playing the same game across multiple Switch systems, so this stuff can get messed up even if you’re using your system as intended; I wouldn’t dare mess with my date and time and risk seeing what that may do to it, personally. =P

Uh... about that...

an8FKWu.jpg

This was so bad (as in lewd) that it was removed from the eshop and never came back
I think this might have inspired me to buy that furry hentai puzzle game and leave it running for 100+ hours or so on my Switch for a good laugh next year.

I’m also disappointed with the stats this year. I really wanted to know my hours total this year and the monthly breakdown. Maybe they’ll send an email later with better stats.

I screencapped my top four since one wasn’t a game:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 195 days played, 195 hours (definitely over 200 for both with December’s Wave 3 :) )

Xenoblade 3: 35 days, 162 hours

Crunchyroll: 71 days, 113 hours

Trails From Zero 21 days, 71 hours

Tangentially related I did the PlayStation wrap up too. I barely played 89 hours total across PS4 and PS5. Horizon Zero Dawn took me 60 hours. Did it to be ready for the sequel…and then never got around to it lol. Next year PS5 will get proper love with a bunch of cool games coming out.

Edit: if my Nintendo stats included December Pokemon would be my 4th most played game for the year. Sitting close to 80 hours there.

So this year’s Nintendo Switch Year in Review just doesn’t include December at all?? What the hell, I could’ve sworn that past years would still update your records through December… Maybe I’m mistaken about that, but either way, that’s kinda ridiculous… Why bother having a “year in review” if it doesn’t actually include the whole year?? Why not wait until January 1st to do these kind of things? (The same can be said for other things like The Game Awards, too…) It literally defeats the whole point of it…

Most played were Crunchyroll, SNES NSO & Sega Genesis Classics.

Another thing missing this year is no percentage on how much you played docked vs handheld, that was pretty cool last year

Man this year they took away so many useful things. Why can't they tell me the cumulative hours of all games? How many games I played all year? Why only top 3 when previous years they did top 5? Why can't you give me the monthly hours breakdown? Where's the played in handheld hours versus TV mode hours? My top 3 is just Animal Crossing, Pokemon Arceus, and Xenoblade 3. I mean the other two are probably Pokemon titles too but I'd like to see it.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 172 hours (my activity log says 140 hours or more though? Seems wrong)
2. Pokemon Legends Arceus 124 hours (activity log has it under Smash and Splatoon 3, which say 115 hours or more though)
3. Splatoon 3 (118 hours, which seems about right)
4. Animal Crossing New Horizons 117 hours (probably about right, but no idea)
5. SMT V 96 hours (under Pokemon Violet, which says about 80 hours, so, nah)

A lot of my times are totally wrong, so not really banking on the accuracy here. I'd say my top 5 were probably Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Animal Crossing, Arceus, Violet.

Current hopeful theory, maybe they have this up now to be in the conversation with Spotify and PlayStation and we’ll get the rest of the stats delivered in a proper email next year with December’s stats included.

Top 3:

Splatoon 3 - 275hrs
XC3 - 270hrs
Smash Ultimate - 101hrs

Played some new games this year, but I suppose Smash at 101hrs would be hard to knock out of top 3.

Back
Top Bottom