• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2022 Year in Review

My top played were Kirby and the Forgotten Land (30 hours), Switch Sports (30 hours), and ACNH (29 hours). Definitely not a huge time investment this year on switch since I got a PS5.

It's borked all over the place. It says my most played game for October is Overwatch 2, even though all I did with that was install it, get to the screen asking for my phone number, and deleted it.

It's borked all over the place. It says my most played game for October is Overwatch 2, even though all I did with that was install it, get to the screen asking for my phone number, and deleted it.
Should get some really interesting responses then…

The stats are way worse than last year. In 2021 it showed you how many games you played, how many new games, exact time on your top 3 played games. It even showed how much hours you spend playing in each month and this was also showed in 2020. Somewhat disappointed on how they handled it this year.

Most played games: Animal Crossing, Arcade Paradise, and Super Mega Baseball 3 (I really like baseball games, considering this and my PS end-of-year).

I spent an amount of time in Animal Crossing that I am unwilling to admit this year.

the one thing I didn't think nintendo could disappoint me with...

most played were splatoon 3, splatoon 2, and n64

The stats are way worse than last year. In 2021 it showed you how many games you played, how many new games, exact time on your top 3 played games. It even showed how much hours you spend playing in each month and this was also showed in 2020. Somewhat disappointed on how they handled it this year.
You can change the time to total games played instead of top 2 of the month. It at least gives you total time for your top games.

Wow, I played more this year than I thought (mostly longer games it seems, which may explain why it feels like I haven't played a lot). My top 10 most played games are
  1. Xenoblade 3 (65h)
  2. Persona 5 Royal (43h)
  3. Pokémon Arceus (35h)
  4. Harvestella (29h)
  5. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (27h)
  6. Fire Emblem Warriors (27h)
  7. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (25h)
  8. GTA: Vice City (23h)
  9. Triangle Strategy (22h)
  10. Resident Evil 4 (19h)
Stuff that I regret buying are Frogun (2h), Resident Evil 5 (1h) and Garden Story (51min)

You can change the time to total games played instead of top 2 of the month. It at least gives you total time for your top games.
Maybe I'm being dumb but how do you do that? The only options I'm seeing are "by month" or "by time" and it says 1/10 but I haven't found how to scroll or expand it

609aMbUuYAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Xenoblade 3 was my most played game with 316 hours so far.

This recap is terrible. Last year I did have stats for previous years even though I'd changed if systems at different times but now it's only counting back until November of 2021, when I got my OLED model. Now my stats for my actual most played games, Witcher 3, Xenoblade 2 and BotW, are nonexistent.

switchmost58dzu.png

Something's... off. It says on my Switch profile my Astroneer playtime is 70 hours but this results thing says it's actually 88. Before I open this expected AC Ezio Collection on the third place.

Anyway. Pokémon Scarlet: 96
Civ 6: 90
Astroneer: 88
AC Ezio Collection: 87
Trails to Zero: 76
Xenoblade 3: 68
ARK Survival Evolved: 55
Wreckfest: 48
Digimon Survivor: 41
Pokémon Arceus: 37

Surprising noone:
szP7j7Q.png

This is a neat category, especially since I almost never do:
XmrOTUJ.png

Shoulda won the TGA for Best Ongoing Game:
mxNz2K9.png

Again, surprising absolutely no one, with 138 hours:
fNYJCVW.png

What even counted as "simulation?" Spiritfarer maybe?
Ttuj93p.png

This one cracked me up. If this was my top-played in October (at a whopping 59 minutes), what the hell else was I doing that month? 🤣
LzZIYYY.png

Last edited:
I never thought that Nintendo could disappoint me with a year recap system, somehow it showed more detailed stats 2 years ago already.

Xenoblade 3 was my most played with 110 hours.
Pokemon Legends Arceus was second with 81 hours.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild was third with 59 (Master Mode playthrough)
Smash Ultimate with 58 hours this year. Def didn't play as much of it as I would've liked

Yeah, this is far less interesting than it has been in the past. The old method of presenting the data was definitely better.

Edit - top 3 were Xenoblade 3 at 131 hours, Monster Hunter Rise at 75 and Triangle Strategy at 74. This was as of November 30th - actual play time for XBC3 is 140 hours now.

I deactivated sharing information with Nintendo, so I can‘t see any data, even if I would activate now. Though I know that my most played games would be 51 Clubgames, Zelda BOTW (Different non-registred profile anyway), Xenoblade 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and probably Mariokart 8.

They did a nice breakdown.

1. Yugioh! Master Duel: 356 hours
2. Persona 5R: 118 Hours
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 3: 108 Hours

Its interesting that in this year RPG and Strategy are almost tied for my most played genres. Also I forgot VNs are under "Board Games" lol

Last edited:
Where are you all getting detailed hours played, lists by month, etc.? Is mine just broken?
OH you can click on the left and right pictures/games to scroll your list, even though there's no indication of that. Seems like it's more designed for mobile or something, I don't know.

Not to mention that every past year they went that far that the damn thing even showed you the exact date when you were playing the most hours from the whole year.

Mine are:

1. Shin Megami Tensei V (175 hours)
2. Xenoblade 3 (167 hours)
3. Splatoon 3 (83 hours)

Play times are definitely borked, though. Both SMTV and Xenoblade 3 are more then what my Switch says (140 and 150 hours, respectively.)

Most played
1. XC3 - 86hrs
2. MHR - 67hrs
3. Triangle Strategy - 52hrs
4. Dying Light - 41hrs
5. Sparks of Hope - 38hrs

I’ll write down top 5, instead of top 3

1) Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 132 hours
2) Splatoon 3 - 64 hours
3) Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 27 hours
4) Bayonetta 3 - 26 hours
5) Eastward - 22 hours

Maybe I'm being dumb but how do you do that? The only options I'm seeing are "by month" or "by time" and it says 1/10 but I haven't found how to scroll or expand it
When I went to time it listed every game I played and just had to swipe sideways.

Less than last year, I think, which is interesting. Top 5:

1) Xenoblade 3 (114 hours)
2) Pokemon Violet (51 hours)
3) Triangle Strategy (46 horus)
4) Trails from Zero (45 hours)
5) Pokemon Legends Arceus (35 hours)
(6 - Ring Fit Adventure, 22hours)

Yep, RPG machine yet again!

Not sharing mine right now since the year’s not even over yet, so it wouldn’t be complete…

Also, for people who say their records are wrong, are you sure your system’s date and time is and has always been correct? I see a lot of friends’ Play Activity get messed up on my Friend List because they mess around with their system’s date and time…

When I went to time it listed every game I played and just had to swipe sideways.
That was the issue, I'm on a laptop and there's no good indication that you can scroll by clicking on the pictures, since swiping isn't a thing. Seems more like it was designed with mobile in mind.

Yes, disappointing presentation over all. Is there any way to access the info they gave us last year (hours played, hours per month, and so on)?

qiPEmQs_d.webp

60 hours on Chocobo, 45 on Getsufumaden and 35 on Billion Road.

Xenoblade 3 was #4 at 34 hours and Harvestella was #5 at 30.

This isn’t counting Chained Echoes or anything from December I guess. The in game clock in that says I’m at 18 hours.

Top 5 games:

1. Xenoblade 3 - 136 hours
2. Persona 5 Royal - 86 hours
3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 60 hours
4. Pokemon Legends: Arceus - 48 hours
5. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - 32 hours

DrTRGC3_d.webp
YguH3tX_d.webp

Surprised to see Animal Crossing so high, but I did have solid a routine with earlier in the year. Not suprised at all by Tetris Effect 😅.

I feel like I've played more Into the Breach this year than around the launch. There was some DLC that pulled me back in, and it's still an incredible game.

image.png

Discovered the Xeno series this year, but I've yet to buy Xeno 3, since playing 1 and 2 back to back was quite a big investment.

image.png

Between Xeno, FE, Collection of Mana and FFVII most of my Switch time was RPGs... A shame that 3DS playtime isn't included here since I had some more variety there.

Back
Top Bottom