• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is Probably a Year From Now

How confident are you that one year from now (April 2nd, 2025) you will own a Switch 2 system?

• Absolutely

Votes: 192 57.8%
  • No because scalpers will kill my chances

Votes: 39 11.7%
  • I hope so, but it is probably farther out

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • Team second half 2025

Votes: 24 7.2%
  • Josh, please stop it

Votes: 27 8.1%

• Total voters
just remember it's Mario's 40th next year so put me down for, 3D Mario launch title, pokemon is their big summer game, and Mario Kart 9/10 in the fall
For Mario, it might be best to release it closer to the holidays, like Odyssey and Wonder did.

If Nintendo really wants to celebrate his birthday with a bang, then it would be best to release it on the day before in 2025, since that's a Friday.

Every Nintendo system has launched with at least two first party games though. Keep in mind that the Switch launched with BOTW and 1,2 Switch.
Since I can't really predict the other game that's going to be a tech demo for the system, I just keep saying the sole big launch title.

I'll change my tune if the tech demo game gets Wii Sports big.

I have no idea if this Atlus leaker is accurate since she's been shared all over Era and Reddit but they're doubling down that P3R and Metaphor are coming to Switch 2.

And our very own Necro is also agreeing with her.

I'm starting to believe that Switch 2 launch is going to be insane with the amount of 3rd party games potentially coming to the platform.

If atlus is there at the start, square, Capcom, all with mit to big sized releases in the first year, then I really hope Nintendo did not push it back cause of "lack in ready first party software".

If I can play metaphor/P3, ff7remake, re village on a handheld (that's not a pc) I'm already set for a while.

And thinking that there may be from soft (that ones just a wish), and I'm like: where to find the time.

Feels like they want to completely saturate the first year to have a "fomo" hype moment and not be able to supply enough consoles. Sounds worrying to some degree. This could backfire.

Was not expecting the BBC to cover PLZA rumors 😅

The other day, a report of the Nikkei rumors from late last week / early this week appeard on t-online.de, a big german news site, too.

If even reports about such rumors start to appear in mainstream media, i feel like no matter how Nintendo plans to first announce Switch 2, it will be noticed widely.
Curious to see how this will impact Switch 1 ... given (at this point) it doesn't have any "must have" game that could carry it.

I'm starting to believe that Switch 2 launch is going to be insane with the amount of 3rd party games potentially coming to the platform.

It would be nice if (at least) japanese thirds would be fully there day one with Switch 2. Many took their sweet time with Switch 1.

It would be nice if (at least) japanese thirds would be fully there day one with Switch 2. Many took their sweet time with Switch 1.

They took way longer than I thought especially coming from the 3ds. It was a wake up call for me lol.

But with the Switch brand being strong as ever and has potential to become even bigger, they shouldn't hesitate since the system should be in theory easier to port/develop and the audience is there ready to gobble up all their games.

I think PLZA have relatively strong reason to be a cross-gen game, especially when it will be launched at March 2025. TPC can gain more awareness from public on Pokemon IP with basically no cost; Game Freak can get enhanced game performance without decreasing the sales; Nintendo can get better launch lineup. Cross-gen will benefit all of them.

I am started to come around to the "Legends ZA is not only a cross-gen title, but is also the sole first party launch game for next gen, like Twilight Princess, and Breath of the Wild, and Nintendo delayed next gen to give Game Freak enough time for polish" crowd.

It needs a better and shorter name than mine though.
I think PLZA have relatively strong reason to be a cross-gen game, especially when it will be launched at March 2025. TPC can gain more awareness from public on Pokemon IP with basically no cost; Game Freak can get enhanced game performance without decreasing the sales; Nintendo can get better launch lineup. Cross-gen will benefit all of them.
I’d temper your expectations. Mainline Pokémon isn’t known for doing cross-gen, with Game Freak & TPC typically waiting until a new system builds up more than install base before they bother with it (Gen 5 staying on DS, US/UM staying on 3DS, etc.). The only time mainline Pokémon has been any kind of cross-gen was Gen 2, & the Game Boy Color is considered a mid-gen refresh by Nintendo. If anything, the game was likely originally March 2025 when the Switch 2 was planned for Q4 2024 to stay out of Nintendo’s way. Hell, the fact that they didn’t even say “early” in that 2025 mention likely indicates that the game will be launching later in the year than Legends Arceus did in 2022.

Pokémon Legends Z-A will likely be a Switch 1-only title with passive performance benefits on Switch 2 via BC. Don’t expect a mainline Pokémon on Switch 2 until Gen 10, which is looking to be 2026 at this point. Game Freak & TPC have little to gain from doing a dedicated Switch 2 version when BC is more than enough for most people, especially considering how stretched thin the former is already. Nintendo would obviously want a native Switch 2 version, but they don’t have enough control over the Pokémon franchise to force the others to do so. If Nintendo had more control over the franchise, then you two may have a point.

Anyway, back to lurking.

Please refrain from lazy dev rhetoric. - meatbag, Volcanic Dynamo, Dardan Sandiego
I’d temper your expectations. Mainline Pokémon isn’t known for doing cross-gen, with Game Freak & TPC typically waiting until a new system builds up more than install base before they bother with it (Gen 5 staying on DS, US/UM staying on 3DS, etc.). The only time mainline Pokémon has been any kind of cross-gen was Gen 2, & the Game Boy Color is considered a mid-gen refresh by Nintendo. If anything, the game was likely originally March 2025 when the Switch 2 was planned for Q4 2024 to stay out of Nintendo’s way. Hell, the fact that they didn’t even say “early” in that 2025 mention likely indicates that the game will be launching later in the year than Legends Arceus did in 2022.

Pokémon Legends Z-A will likely be a Switch 1-only title with passive performance benefits on Switch 2 via BC. Don’t expect a mainline Pokémon on Switch 2 until Gen 10, which is looking to be 2026 at this point. Game Freak & TPC have little to gain from doing a dedicated Switch 2 version when BC is more than enough for most people, especially considering how stretched thin the former is already. Nintendo would obviously want a native Switch 2 version, but they don’t have enough control over the Pokémon franchise to force the others to do so. If Nintendo had more control over the franchise, then you two may have a point.

Anyway, back to lurking.
This isn’t a completely different type of console transition, but they could always do the bare minimum and be lazy and find a new way to disappoint everyone.

You really should lower expectations and assume everything is Switch 1 only playable on the successor via BC with no boost until confirmed otherwise. Expecting Switch 2 to be a magic cure all, or for every game you care about to get a native Switch 2 version is just setting you up for disappointment.

I'd love to be wrong on that, but I can see Nintendo being stubborn with "these are Switch 1 games and these are Switch 2 games".

If atlus is there at the start, square, Capcom, all with mit to big sized releases in the first year, then I really hope Nintendo did not push it back cause of "lack in ready first party software".

If I can play metaphor/P3, ff7remake, re village on a handheld (that's not a pc) I'm already set for a while.

And thinking that there may be from soft (that ones just a wish), and I'm like: where to find the time.

Feels like they want to completely saturate the first year to have a "fomo" hype moment and not be able to supply enough consoles. Sounds worrying to some degree. This could backfire.
It could be that Nintendo is still so tramautized by the Wii U failure that they just want to cram as many big first and third party titles as they can manage during the launch window of the Switch 2, to make it as high a chance as possible that the Switch 2 will be a success from day 1 and have a big momentum early on. If the Switch 2 builds a big momentum first year the hope from them is that they can then just ride on that big momentum for years afterwards.

They probably want to ensure that the Switch 2 is quickly seen as a ''Must have'' system to make a good case to everyone who is into the Switch ecosystem to want to jump ship into Switch 2, also to entice people who previously was not part of the Switch ecosystem to become part of the Switch 2 ecosystem by offering a variety of different genres and titles year 1.

I think they have this mindset because Nintendo is themselves unsure of how an iterative, more costly but better version of the Switch will be viewed by the general consumers. So having a wave of enticing titles coming out all year during the launch period is their way to try to ensure that the system will break out in the same fashion the original Switch did early.

If anything, the talk about ZA being Switch 2 launch title is convincing me that is absolutely not a launch title. It feels like people have been saying that every single major Switch game since like 2021 is so obviously launching with new hardware. After TotK (which, full disclosure, I thought was going to be a launch title as well) it's hard for me to take it seriously anymore. Imo the only launch titles are 3D Mario and maybe something gimmicky like Snipperclips. I'd argue that MP4 and ZA will be cross-gen (Pokemon gen 2 had GBC enhancements, B2W2 had 3DS-exclusive DLC, cross-gen is probably easier to do than ever due to tech advancements), but aren't releasing around the launch of new hardware.

If anything, the talk about ZA being Switch 2 launch title is convincing me that is absolutely not a launch title. It feels like people have been saying that every single major Switch game since like 2021 is so obviously launching with new hardware. After TotK (which, full disclosure, I thought was going to be a launch title as well) it's hard for me to take it seriously anymore. Imo the only launch titles are 3D Mario and maybe something gimmicky like Snipperclips. I'd argue that MP4 and ZA will be cross-gen (Pokemon gen 2 had GBC enhancements, B2W2 had 3DS-exclusive DLC, cross-gen is probably easier to do than ever due to tech advancements), but aren't releasing around the launch of new hardware.
I just think it would be implausible for Nintendo to launch the Switch 2 and at the same time have a brand new Pokemon title that would just come out on Switch 1 at the same time, that game will be a cross gen release, it wouldn't make any sense otherwise for it to launch at the same time. That would mean Switch 1 could potentially get a bigger title on the Switch 2 launch than the Switch 2 itself would get. A situation Nintendo would not agree to.

If they have a cross gen release at least Nintendo could argue that the Switch 2 is the better way to play the new Pokemon game, so it could help drive some demand for the Switch 2 itself combined with the other Switch 2 exclusive launch titles.

Big launch game could be Super Mario SOMETHING. It could also be scheduled for October, close to the Holidays, but maybe also:
• Launch the game alongside the console in March, and then release DLC for it in October/November

Too bad game freak is a tiny company trying to make open world rpgs.
Implementing RT is less strenuous than most people think from what I've seen. GF's Trinity Engine even looks to be better augmented with RT given some of the effects it already has and the tech support companies they work with

I am started to come around to the "Legends ZA is not only a cross-gen title, but is also the sole first party launch game for next gen, like Twilight Princess, and Breath of the Wild, and Nintendo delayed next gen to give Game Freak enough time for polish" crowd.

There's a crowd for this?
Every Nintendo system has launched with at least two first party games though. Keep in mind that the Switch launched with BOTW and 1,2 Switch.
This is Snipperclips erasure (they did publish it!)

Implementing RT is less strenuous than most people think from what I've seen. GF's Trinity Engine even looks to be better augmented with RT given some of the effects it already has and the tech support companies they work with
Gamefreak and Ray Tracing sound like a match made in hell. They aren't technically competent developers, performance will just tank if they try to implement Ray Tracing.

Is the famous "there will be something in March" still a live topic or is it yet another fake leak then silenced because "plans can change"?

Gamefreak and Ray Tracing sound like a match made in hell. They aren't technically competent developers, performance will just tank if they try to implement Ray Tracing.
Ray Tracing is definitifely the way to go for future Pokémon games to look sub PS3 quality (while having N64 performance)

@NateDrake said he researched how the (potential) delay may impact announcment timing, while Brazil says that we get an Indie World in March, General in April and a Reveal in June.
how does an insider even gather all that info in one claim and why exactly do we trust that claim? I ask this because usually insiders typically claim a direct is coming a few weeks beforehand of the presentation, not claim multiple presentations two months beforehand.

I dunno, something just doesn't seem right about all this.

Not that I doubt anyone in particular, but I do continue to find it very strange that we went from nothing - nothing! - on Nintendo's plans for this year just a few weeks ago, scraping up crumbs off the floor that kind of sort of maybe indicated something in March for the new console, to having at least one purported (if rough) idea of basically Nintendo's entire H1 schedule and even some potential tidbits on things happening next year. I know info often comes in waves, but good god is that a 180. It's so much it feels like it can't possibly all be right, whether that's true or not.

I mean this really reads like those Digitimes and Co titles of "METROID PRIME 4 RELEASE DATE" or "INDUSTRY INSIDER CLAIMS SOMETHING" lol. I mean, it said "releasing simultaneously worldwide in 2025" just meaning it's a worldwide release and not first in Japan and later overseas or vice versa.

People are just so desperate with Switch 2 news that they've immediately jumped to "SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH SWITCH 2 OMG" when it wasn't even a possible interpretation for what was said.

It definitely won't be. If it is(which doesn't seem likely) it's gonna be the cross gen launch title with something else as exclusive launch title.
I mean, it'll be a cross gen title in the sense that unless it's January or February 2025 it'll be released after the Switch 2 and be playable on it via BC.

To me the fact it's got a generic 2025 release year and not early 2025(like Arceus got early 2022) just screams it's gonna be holiday 2025. It can be summer as well if Nintendo has a bigger holiday title(like Mario Kart) but it'd definitely work as a perfect cross gen(or Switch 1) holiday title.

Game Freak takes their time, Switch gets a major game release after its successor comes, Switch 2 early adopters can play it via BC. Win for everyone.

I wouldn't expect literally anything other than resolution and frame rate to be better on Switch 2 tho. It'd need major reworking to take more advantage of the tech and they can just wait to do it on gen 10, and have Legends ZA as a good looking Switch game and at a higher resolution on Switch 2.

Idk how they'll handle it but maybe having "Nintendo Switch family" or "also playable on Nintendo Switch 2" on the boxes of Switch games released after the Succ is out might do it. But it wouldn't be out of question that they'll just market them as Switch titles.
Yeah, it makes no sense. GF is always the last to jump from the boat, and the game is already announced for Switch. Only reason Arceus was January was because it already had Pokémon titles to be released in November 2021 and 2022. Unless gen 10 is somehow holiday 2025 or we get announcements for regular remakes this year, Legends ZA being holiday 2025 is the most likely scenario.

Not at all different from USUM coming for 3DS 8 months after Switch, just that this time it'll also be playable on Switch 2(so like Black 2/White 2).

I bet Nintendo will value it more as a holiday release both for Switch and Switch 2 than as a launch title for Switch 2 besides games that would probably overshadow it.
I just think it would be implausible for Nintendo to launch the Switch 2 and at the same time have a brand new Pokemon title that would just come out on Switch 1 at the same time, that game will be a cross gen release, it wouldn't make any sense otherwise for it to launch at the same time. That would mean Switch 1 could potentially get a bigger title on the Switch 2 launch than the Switch 2 itself would get. A situation Nintendo would not agree to.

If they have a cross gen release at least Nintendo could argue that the Switch 2 is the better way to play the new Pokemon game, so it could help drive some demand for the Switch 2 itself combined with the other Switch 2 exclusive launch titles.
But they won't launch Switch 2 and at the same time have a brand new Pokemon game. They can very well release Switch 2 in March and Pokémon Legends Z-A in November (like they've done with Switch and USUM).

They'll still want to sell games to the Switch audience that's yet to enter the Switch 2 ship, so Pokémon on the holiday season is the perfect game to do that. They'll also have a Pokémon game playable on the launch year of a console, something that neither Switch nor 3DS had.

Not that I doubt anyone in particular, but I do continue to find it very strange that we went from nothing - nothing! - on Nintendo's plans for this year just a few weeks ago, scraping up crumbs off the floor that kind of sort of maybe indicated something in March for the new console, to having at least one purported (if rough) idea of basically Nintendo's entire H1 schedule and even some potential tidbits on things happening next year. I know info often comes in waves, but good god is that a 180. It's so much it feels like it can't possibly all be right, whether that's true or not.
Doesn't that always happen tho? I mean this year it definitely was a more extreme situation since hardware was delayed and alongside it all the games that were supposed to be announced alongside it(including key Switch games that'd be cross gen).

I don't think it's all that different from 2021 where we got to know the Pokémon games coming that holiday season and early 2022, got to know a late 2022 title(Splatoon 3), were looking at soft H1, but didn't know of key holiday games(Metroid Dread and Mario Party Superstars).

I'd say 2018 wasn't all that different, we were coming from a Mini Direct, H1 was only ports + LABO + Kirby(which remakes + Peach + Endless Ocean is very similar), we wouldn't know about Smash until March, we wouldn't know about Pokémon Let's GO until may or June, and about Super Mario Party until E3.

I believe this year we would enter the year knowing the Q1 games, get to know of Endless Ocean via Partner Showcase and the dates of Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion via Twitter, which would fill the H1 lineup, the Switch 2 reveal would deliver holiday titles of which would be cross gen and some games would be June Direct material. Pokémon would always be this 2025 teaser.

Now the March Switch 2 trailer titles have been repurposed as an April Direct, where we'll get the July, September, October and November games announced. Maybe even one of those can be saved for June(Mario Party loves to do that).

Take it with a grain of salt, the Atlus leaker over at Era is now saying Like A Dragon is coming to Switch 2.

Do bare in mind, the mods over there hasn't banned them over Atlus info but they did ban them over Square Enix info as they refuse to show proof/verification.

It seems Sega might be fully on board but once again take it with a massive grain of salt.

@Derachi would be really happy if it's true, so I'm rooting it to happen.

Take it with a grain of salt, the Atlus leaker over at Era is now saying Like A Dragon is coming to Switch 2.

Do bare in mind, the mods over there hasn't banned them over Atlus info but they did ban them over Square Enix info as they refuse to show proof/verification.

It seems Sega might be fully on board but once again take it with a massive grain of salt.

what leaker?

Doesn't that always happen tho? I mean this year it definitely was a more extreme situation since hardware was delayed and alongside it all the games that were supposed to be announced alongside it(including key Switch games that'd be cross gen).

I don't think it's all that different from 2021 where we got to know the Pokémon games coming that holiday season and early 2022, got to know a late 2022 title(Splatoon 3), were looking at soft H1, but didn't know of key holiday games(Metroid Dread and Mario Party Superstars).

I'd say 2018 wasn't all that different, we were coming from a Mini Direct, H1 was only ports + LABO + Kirby(which remakes + Peach + Endless Ocean is very similar), we wouldn't know about Smash until March, we wouldn't know about Pokémon Let's GO until may or June, and about Super Mario Party until E3.

I believe this year we would enter the year knowing the Q1 games, get to know of Endless Ocean via Partner Showcase and the dates of Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion via Twitter, which would fill the H1 lineup, the Switch 2 reveal would deliver holiday titles of which would be cross gen and some games would be June Direct material. Pokémon would always be this 2025 teaser.

Now the March Switch 2 trailer titles have been repurposed as an April Direct, where we'll get the July, September, October and November games announced. Maybe even one of those can be saved for June(Mario Party loves to do that).
I should clarify that I'm particularly referring to "unofficial" sources of information on Nintendo's plans. I think it's the fact that we've got people leaking the event lineup rather than just game releases that's throwing me off. Sure, the floodgates can get opened on titles coming over a particular period of time, and that's not especially unusual. But we usually don't get "Yeah, it's Partner Showcase -> Indie World -> General Direct -> Console Reveal in that order and here are the months those things are happening, also here's a thing happening next year," and it's definitely weirding me out.

To the rest of your post, I don't disagree!

just remember it's Mario's 40th next year so put me down for, 3D Mario launch title, pokemon is their big summer game, and Mario Kart 9/10 in the fall
It'd be nice if they do a rerun of Mario 3D All Stars. I'm glad I bought two copies originally because the game is selling for a lot preowned these days.

It'd be nice if they do a rerun of Mario 3D All Stars. I'm glad I bought two copies originally because the game is selling for a lot preowned these days.

Super Mario 3D All-Stars + Super Mario Galaxy 2

918kFttCz-L.jpg

Mario kart would be bigger then a 3D Mario
It absolutely would, but I suspect Nintendo is going to do what they did with the Switch and have the next Mario Kart game out within the first 2 to 3 months of launch.
It definitely won't be. If it is(which doesn't seem likely) it's gonna be the cross gen launch title with something else as exclusive launch title.
A reminder that the Wii and Switch didn't launch with a major exclusive title (and no I'm not counting Wii Sports because that wasn't really intended as a major exclusive even if it did go on to sell a lot). Heck, both systems didn't get their first major exclusive until a year after for the Wii and 3 months after for the Switch.

It wouldn't surprise me. Sega getting big money from everything they've put on Switch will just overshadow any edginess that producers might have.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they made a late port for Persona 3 Reload for Switch now that Switch 2 is delayed.
I should clarify that I'm particularly referring to "unofficial" sources of information on Nintendo's plans. I think it's the fact that we've got people leaking the event lineup rather than just game releases that's throwing me off. Sure, the floodgates can get opened on titles coming over a particular period of time, and that's not especially unusual. But we usually don't get "Yeah, it's Partner Showcase -> Indie World -> General Direct -> Console Reveal in that order and here are the months those things are happening, also here's a thing happening next year," and it's definitely weirding me out.

To the rest of your post, I don't disagree!
Ohh I see!! With that I definitely agree... It seems very weird.
With the whole thing of it being a console launch and the sources being from third party developers, I think they can know the dates their games are being shown. I think it's just the unique situation of something being planned for march with games supposed to be announced then and now it being delayed and a new date given.

But I wanna ask, what's the next year stuff that was reported? Outside of the new console window I've not seen anything.
Ummm... I mean unless they mean every single project that Sega has in store for the next 5 years, I'm very doubtful...

People will probably take it as 20 games being worked on right now or being ported which... Not likely at all.
It absolutely would, but I suspect Nintendo is going to do what they did with the Switch and have the next Mario Kart game out within the first 2 to 3 months of launch.

A reminder that the Wii and Switch didn't launch with a major exclusive title (and no I'm not counting Wii Sports because that wasn't really intended as a major exclusive even if it did go on to sell a lot). Heck, both systems didn't get their first major exclusive until a year after for the Wii and 3 months after for the Switch.
I definitely don't see how you can not count Wii Sports. It was a big deal and was the whole identity of the Wii. It was the Wii's killer app, not Twilight Princess.

With the Switch you do have a point, but I'd argue that in both cases they were coming from dead consoles. Switch users are very active and buying games, as the 120M anual active users in 2023 and 10M 3 day buyers of TotK and 12m first quarter sales of Wonder show.

I'd also argue that Zelda appeals to a very different audience than Pokémon and that people would be more likely to get the next console for a cross gen Zelda than they would for a cross gen Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that whenever it comes, Legenda Z-A will sell way past 10m and that like 75% of that will be people that don't have a Switch 2. It has evergreen potential since its legs won't be cut as soon as that of Arceus and it'll probably outsell it and eventually become like 50/50 on Switch and Switch 2 players, but the bulk of its launch quarter sales will definitely be on Switch.

If Nintendo wanted to bank on a cross gen release, they'd make the next 3D Mario cross gen(ain't happening), maybe have Mario Kart in April and cross gen MP4 in March(I don't think they'll do that) and have Mario as the big holiday exclusive, but I don't see much benefit in doing a cross gen release game if they have a big exclusive ready for launch.

I'd also argue that BotW was the absolute biggest title Switch could launch with since Odyssey wouldn't be ready(hell BotW wouldn't be ready in late 2016 and they delayed the system with it), but 3D Mario and Mario Kart are bigger than Pokémon(at least as evergreen launch window titles) and I think they can be ready by then.

Last edited:
Ohh I see!! With that I definitely agree... It seems very weird.
With the whole thing of it being a console launch and the sources being from third party developers, I think they can know the dates their games are being shown. I think it's just the unique situation of something being planned for march with games supposed to be announced then and now it being delayed and a new date given.

But I wanna ask, what's the next year stuff that was reported? Outside of the new console window I've not seen anything.
Yeah, I think this reasoning might track pretty well, actually. It’s just a very… unusual situation all around, for better and for worse. I kind of like it, though. Leaks would be more fun if all we ended up with was the format wherein things got shown, not exactly what they’d be, sometimes!

I was only talking about the console window, though, and for that particular piece of info we at least have a pretty concrete idea of why/how it ended up leaking (although less of an idea as to why no previous date made it out of the Nintendosphere).

This "leaker" only makes really obvious predictions. So I wouldn't put much stock into what they say.

Regarding "nearly 20 games", we can already guess what those might be so again it's a "prediction" anyone could make.

Metaphor
Persona 3 Reload
Persona 6
Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio
Shinobi
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Sakura Wars
Panzer Dragoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yakuza port
New Sonic
An Angry Birds game

Already at 14 for games we can expect are likely coming to Switch 2. You could probably even think of more.

Last edited:
from what we've seen from their tools and pre-release footage, their engine supports more than their games show. throwing in RT support from the R&D team is probably a given for most studios that roll their own engines these days. whether or not it runs on hardware will depend on the game dev team not being pressed for time to optimize their shit. pre-release footage for both Legends and SV looked and/or ran better than the final games, so they need to be able to get on top of that

honestly with game freak all i hope for the switch 2 version of Z-A is a locked 30FPS, 1080P, and decent draw distance with minimum pop in

it's quite simple, if no indie world next month then his source for the events is a farce, if a indie world in march then there good
Indie World in March isn't a safe prediction either, indie worlds seem to happen randomly 2-3 times a year. There hasn't been one specifically in March in 4 years looking over the wiki. While you can usually narrow it down to around 3 time periods (spring, summer, and winter) it's not like Nintendo directs which have been fairly formulaic for a while.

This "leaker" only makes really obvious predictions. So I wouldn't put much stock into what they say.

Regarding "nearly 20 games", we can already guess what those might be so again it's a "prediction" anyone could make.

Metaphor
Persona 3 Reload
Persona 6
Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio
Shinobi
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Sakura Wars
Panzer Dragoon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yakuza port
New Sonic
An Angry Birds game

Already at 14 for games we can expect are likely coming to Switch 2. You could probably even think of more.
I had no idea Switch 2 has games though!

Indie World in March isn't a safe prediction either, indie worlds seem to happen randomly 2-3 times a year. There hasn't been one specifically in March in 4 years looking over the wiki. While you can usually narrow it down to around 3 time periods (spring, summer, and winter) it's not like Nintendo directs which have been fairly formulaic for a while.

This year looks very different, so anything can happen. Let's hope that Nate, Brazil, Necro or others will confirm (or not) the dates in the coming days or weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom