• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is just Beyond the Present

What is the big day 1 launch game for successor of the Nintendo Switch System?

• 3D Mario

Votes: 219 79.3%
  • 2D Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Donkey Kong

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • Pokemon Legends: Z-A

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • New IP

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Super Smash Bros

• Splatoon

• Animal Crossing

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zelda

• Total voters
Nintendo should probably announce the Switch 2 so devs can announce games for it.

Other than Monster Hunter Wilds, basically everything console relevant announced recently has been announced for Switch as well though so idk.
I found it odd that MH Wilds and Civ 7 have bigger trailers being prepared for August. Makes me think Switch 2 might be revealed in July. Just a hunch though

I found it odd that MH Wilds and Civ 7 have bigger trailers being prepared for August. Makes me think Switch 2 might be revealed in July. Just a hunch though
could because of the lack of E3 it's just the go-to place to show off demos and footage to the press and general audience now

Ehhhhh, these are games where their audience is mostly PC and where these games will obviously have footage captured on a high end PC, and Civ 7 is already announced for the Switch 1, lol.

They would do very well on Switch 2, but I don’t think they’re focusing their promotional cycles around the Switch 2 announcement.

Well well well

What do we have here, looks like it's the first time a game is announced as coming to Nintendo instead of Nintendo Switch.

NeAX7NH.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe it's an error? The bottom print says "Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo", as if they meant to use the Switch logo. And this game looks like it could be ported to Switch 1.

Well well well

What do we have here, looks like it's the first time a game is announced as coming to Nintendo instead of Nintendo Switch.

NeAX7NH.jpeg

Maybe Brazil was right
It literally says Switch in the copyright, Nintendo logo seems to be a mistake.

And why would developers drop Switch for no reason? That thing sold like 140m, expect a lot of games still be on the console for years to come.

It literally says Switch in the copyright, Nintendo logo seems to be a mistake.

And why would developers drop Switch for no reason? That thing sold like 140m, expect a lot of games still be on the console for years to come.

Exactly, not using the Switch logo seems very counter-productive, unless they were expecting to create a hype conversation with this move

Two things:

I don't think ''Vea Games'' would get Switch 2 dev kits early.

The game itself looks able to run on Switch 1.

I doubt it happens but I’m curious if GTA6 would eventually get ported to Switch 2 due to the Xbox user base being “small”. Rockstar can’t depend on last gen console sales this time and they are only launching on PS5 and Xbox Series first. I could easily see the Switch 2 passing up the Xbox series hardware sales two years(or sooner) after it releases so would be a lot of potential buyers out there.

Then again the user base on PS5 and Xbox would have grown by the time GTA6 does release and they could just port it to PC faster if they want more sales early. But anyway would still be cool to see it on Switch 2

Well well well

NeAX7NH.jpeg
It would be a tad more alarming if it was slated to 2025. But since it's releasing in 2024, it's indeed a Switch 1 game.

Odd choice of logos though... you'd think Nintendo has some kind of guidelines for this.

It would be a tad more alarming if it was slated to 2025. But since it's releasing in 2024, it's indeed a Switch 1 game.

Odd choice of logos though... you'd think Nintendo has some kind of guidelines for this.
They also used the generic Xbox logo despite mentioning trademarks for the Series systems and the press specifying a Series S/X release. It's a little confusing. Someone who sees only this banner would wonder if the game was also coming to Xbox One or if it's coming to Steam at all. At least Nintendo only has one console this time so it's less ambiguous which of their systems it's coming to :p

I doubt it happens but I’m curious if GTA6 would eventually get ported to Switch 2 due to the Xbox user base being “small”. Rockstar can’t depend on last gen console sales this time and they are only launching on PS5 and Xbox Series first. I could easily see the Switch 2 passing up the Xbox series hardware sales two years(or sooner) after it releases so would be a lot of potential buyers out there.

Then again the user base on PS5 and Xbox would have grown by the time GTA6 does release and they could just port it to PC faster if they want more sales early. But anyway would still be cool to see it on Switch 2
Didn’t Necro Felipe mention it was slated for Switch 2?

Oh I may have missed that
It would make sense, since Rockstar won't be selling it to Last gen devices and PC.

and it's speculated that GTA 6 budget is 1 billion or 500 million dollar and that doesn't include the marketing.

So Rockstar will probably be willing to sell the game on every console manufacturer in the industry, which includes Nintendo.

I don't think they'll use the same format as the Switch's reveal trailer for the new system's, but if they do, showing off Grand Theft Auto VI as the third-party linchpin feels like the play.

I don't think they'll use the same format as the Switch's reveal trailer for the new system's, but if they do, showing off Grand Theft Auto VI as the third-party linchpin feels like the play.
The thing is, revealing GTA 6 in the reveal trailer would make everybody be convinced that the third party support will be out of this world, heck it might even convince some studios to start the porting progress for the Switch 2.

Like GTA 6 doesn't need to be shown, but if it was, then i feel like that people in the online space will realise that Nintendo isn't making an underpower system, instead a system that's truly NG.

From what I've read, it sounds like Sony wants to push out a PS5 Pro for the GTA6 launch so they can say their console has the best version. I think it would be a huge mistake for Nintendo to showcase GTA6 for Switch 2's debut -- not to mention I don't think a port will be be day-and-date with Xbox and PS5.

Focus on first and second party, give a sizzle reel for third party, and show what separates it from the original Switch.

From what I've read, it sounds like Sony wants to push out a PS5 Pro for the GTA6 launch so they can say their console has the best version. I think it would be a huge mistake for Nintendo to showcase GTA6 for Switch 2's debut -- not to mention I don't think a port will be be day-and-date with Xbox and PS5.

Focus on first and second party, give a sizzle reel for third party, and show what separates it from the original Switch.
If Nintendo has a full content GTA6 coming to the successor, it is marketing malpractice to not show it off.

If Nintendo has a full content GTA6 coming to the successor, it is marketing malpractice to not show it off.

If Switch 2 launches in March 2025 and GTA6 doesn't launch until an estimated Autumn 2025, it would be "marketing malpractice" to feature a "rendering target" for the console launch. Better to focus on games that are in the launch window.

If Switch 2 launches in March 2025 and GTA6 doesn't launch until an estimated Autumn 2025, it would be "marketing malpractice" to feature a "rendering target" for the console launch. Better to focus on games that are in the launch window.
To be fair, the Switch's reveal trailer showed games through the system's release year. Breath of the Wild was the launch title, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was the following month, Splatoon 2 didn't drop until July, NBA 2K18 showed up in September, Super Mario Odyssey was October, and Skyrim was November.

To be fair, the Switch's reveal trailer showed games through the system's release year. Breath of the Wild was the launch title, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was the following month, Splatoon 2 didn't drop until July, NBA 2K18 showed up in September, Super Mario Odyssey was October, and Skyrim was November.

Oh for sure! I just rewatched the Super Bowl ad and unveiling and both were less than 3 minutes long -- if GTA6 is coming to Switch 2 day-and-date with Xbox and PS5 I do think it makes sense to include it in the trailer. I also think it's best used sparingly, like a sort of mike drop.

I can't wait for the endless whining of "Switch 2 is holding back GTA 6"
Human technology is holding back GTA 6. Rockstar is forced to realize their vision within the confines of binary computing and rasterized graphics. Only the elite gamers deserve to play their latest masterpiece in beamed transmissions straight to your visual cortex and signals distributed throughout your nervous system. And a Playdate port, too.

I just realized that 7 years into the Switch, we don't have any NHL games. Just 2 indie titles. Will Switch 2 finally be powerful enough for stick-on-ice games?

Imo GTA6 is gonna launch a year after the PS5/Xbox versions, alongside the PC release
Depending on how scalable they choose to make the PC version, releasing it alongside the Switch 2 version makes a lot of sense to me. Plus, if they implement DLSS for PC, that could be another area of overlap with the Switch 2 development work.

I still wonder if a Switch 2 version will be possible, but if it is, a later release along PC could make sense to me. I'm sure Nintendo would want it Day 1 ("hey Shiver, we've got a project for you") but will take it whenever.

If we don't get all of EA's sports franchises on the Switch 2, then it is clearly out of spite.
I wouldn't say that, but it probably isn't a coincidence that the only annual sports games the Switch misses out on are also the ones that are least popular outside of North America (NFL/college football and hockey), especially with the console's largely younger audience that's less likely to be into sports in the first place.

That said I'd still be extremely surprised if the Switch 2 winds up missing out on Madden/College Football/NHL annual releases once the console releases and if it winds up being a success, especially since it'd be a relatively easy way for EA to grow those games' markets.

American football might not be as popular as soccer, but madden is still one of the top selling games in NA every year. Doesn't make it any less dumb to skip it. Still think the only reason soccer made it onto Switch is because Fifa had mandates

Imagine telling someone 7 years ago that MLB The Show would reach Switch before Madden or NHL. Madness.
Still think the only reason soccer made it onto Switch is because Fifa had mandates
That, and the fact that according to Emily and someone else whose name escapes me right now, Nintendo partially funded the first FIFA game on Switch.

What does everyone think about Ubisoft Milan? Do you think they’ll still make games using Nintendo’s IPs or they’re done?
Maybe. Depends on what they have ready to pitch once they're done with support work on Star Wars Outlaws, but it doesn't seem like the studio is opposed to making any more Nintendo titles. There's also the potential for other Ubisoft studios to work with Nintendo IP if the stars align as well, such as when Nintendo suggested that Ubisoft Toronto do a Star Fox campaign for Starlink: Battle for Atlas.

Besides what someone else mentioned above (That Nintendo showed off launch year games like Elder Scrolls and Xenoblade 2 before the Switch's launch) it's critical Nintendo shows off the biggest 3rd parties they've got on board for Switch 2 asap. As Sony recently revealed, half their MAU's are still on ps4, meaning there is large market of people still waiting to upgrade to the next generation of hardware. If Nintendo can present Switch 2 as a realistic alternative to that audience "you can play all the big titles you want like GTA6, Madden, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy 16/7R, Monster Hunter Wilds, and Persona 6 on Switch 2 for $100-200 less than PS5 with portable play" the system could potentially explode out the gate.

What does everyone think about Ubisoft Milan? Do you think they’ll still make games using Nintendo’s IPs or they’re done?

Yves Guillemot said they'd update Sparks of Hope for the next Nintendo console, so I'd assume they'll work on that when Outlaws is complete. They may handle a port of Outlaws to Switch 2 as well if one is planned. After that I'm not sure, as they may just get gobbled up into the next giant Ubisoft production, but I hope they're still given the chance to make some slightly smaller scale games again in the future.

As to using Nintendo IPs, I'd imagine Ubisoft would be open to it, given both Mario + Rabbids and Starlink, but I'd assume it would be another crossover, and I don't know what crossover would make sense.

Imho Ubisoft Milan and Nintendo want to continue their collaboration but Ubisoft wasn't satisfied with the sales of Sparks of Hope, so I'm not sure.

As to using Nintendo IPs, I'd imagine Ubisoft would be open to it, given both Mario + Rabbids and Starlink, but I'd assume it would be another crossover, and I don't know what crossover would make sense.
The Legend of Zelda x Prince of Persia with Ocarina/Sands of Time shenanigans, let's go!

Speaking of third party titles, how wild is it that Call of Duty will come to Switch 2?

Switch 2 cod port is cooked.

I'm pretty sure this contains all the multiplayer modes like Warzone, which are separately installable, and contain a lot of content from previous games. If you just install the parts you play, it should be a lot smaller. I'd also expect they'll probably slim down the game size on Switch 2 anyway, both due to lower quality assets than Series X/PS5, but also potentially removing that content from the previous titles in the series, as they're not on the console. I don't play CoD games, though, so I'll admit I'm not 100% sure how it works.

Yeah, COD 2025 will be the first Nintendo bound CoD

Ooooor they will pull a Modern Warfare and port a populair one to the Switch to close a gap.
nah, it's now obligatory to release all the newest cod game on Nintendo Switch 2, since Microsoft made a deal with Nintendo that they'll port their games for the Switch 2 for the next 10 years and all the content will be the same across platforms.

But i'm curios if they'll port a old cod game for the Switch this year.

Back
Top Bottom