• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo reveals new Mario Switch bundle for MAR10 day, includes your choice of three games (MK8D, NSMBUDX, SMO) + Mario Movie Stickers, $299

mazi

picross pundit
Nintendo has announced a new Switch bundle centered around Mario just in time for MAR10 Day.

The package includes a system with red Joy-Con controllers, your choice of a free Mario full game download (a $59.99 value), and stickers from The Super Mario Bros. Movie. Anyone that purchases the bundle can select one of the following games: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. Keep in mind that the Switch you’re getting here is the standard version – not the OLED model.

The new Mario Switch bundle will be available on March 10, 2023. Pricing is set at $299.99.

mario-switch-bundle-69ncje.jpg

It is even V2 version?
of course, they haven't sold the launch version for years. they're not gonna intentionally put new easily hackable switch systems out there, lol.

I feel bad for anyone who picks New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
i get that it may not be as good as the other two games but it's still an amazing game on its own.

As close as you're going to get to a price cut for some time, I suppose.

Makes perfect sense to have this out to support the movie.

Can't go wrong with any of the three games, either. Lots of kids will be delighted with this.

i get that it may not be as good as the other two games but it's still an amazing game on its own.

It is a good game, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion the other two are much better games and much better value.

A V2 Switch, Mario Odyssey and…. movie stickers?
It's gonna be some stickers or something like that
The boring answer would be another kind of promotional material like stickers (not sure how this adds up in Euros) 269 € is the MSRP of Switch in France? Or is it the price of a Switch and a game?
Now that thing from the movie can either be literally most boring thing ever, like stickers or the Switch or dock having art from the movie, or a poster or something, OR...

Looks like we have four new faminsiders

(/s)

Would have been cooler if it was an OLED or a fancy red dock, but not a bad bundle.

"it would be nice to clear some stock of the V2 switc

- hey I have some stickers left

- I think I've got an idea"

The "download of your choice" reminds me of a promotion they did for Mario Kart 8 with Club Nintendo. If you redeemed the game within a certain amount of time after launch, you could get either NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U for free.

I picked Wii Party U and yes I still feel like an idiot for making that choice.

Nintendo: "We need to do something for Mario day."
Employee 1: "new 3D Mario!"
Nintendo: "No"
Employee 2: "Mario Movie DLC for Mario Odyssey!"
Nintendo: "LMAO no."
Employee 3: "Mario themed Switch OLED with packed in Mario 3D All Stars!"
Nintendo: "You're fired."
Employee 4: "Why not just give them the cheapest thing we got? We got some old v2 Switches and we can paint some Joy-cons red again. I also found some stickers in the back of my car. Make it look like a deal and pack in some old Mario games everyone has played. Dunno."
Nintendo: "Genius!"

Nintendo: "We need to do something for Mario day."
Employee 1: "new 3D Mario!"
Nintendo: "No"
Employee 2: "Mario Movie DLC for Mario Odyssey!"
Nintendo: "LMAO no."
Employee 3: "Mario themed Switch OLED with packed in Mario 3D All Stars!"
Nintendo: "You're fired."
Employee 4: "Why not just give them the cheapest thing we got? We got some old v2 Switches and we can paint some Joy-cons red again. I also found some stickers in the back of my car. Make it look like a deal and pack in some old Mario games everyone has played. Dunno."
Nintendo: "Genius!"

That would be because "Mario day" is a dumb thing that only happens in North America because of the silly way they write dates over there and Europe and Japan/Asia could not care any less about that specific date.

This is very much the "My kid saw the Mario movie and now won't shut up about it so I have to get them more Mario" bundle for parents.

That would be because "Mario day" is a dumb thing that only happens in North America because of the silly way they write dates over there and Europe and Japan/Asia could not care any less about that specific date.
I am now realizing that no one else gets pi day either…I guess May the Fourth can happen since that’s more doable in any date format (though works best with the NA number system)

Back
Top Bottom