• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour A new Switch Bundle including Odyssey and "something related to the upcoming movie", releasing March 10th

It is totally an Odyssey DLC related to the mario movie.

It is the "Mario movie: The Game" I always dreamed, but as a dlc

i know it is

i can feel it

Who the fuck is billbil-kun

If there was something new related to the movie coming so soon they would've announced it at the Direct

The Mario marketing onslaught is coming. After watching the movie, they want everyone feeling like they want more Mario and Nintendo is going to be damn sure to let you know every way you can get more Mario.

Went to the theatres yesterday to watch Puss in Boots 2 with my friends (great movie btw), saw the Mario trailer in the previewsβ€”and seeing it on the big screen is something entirely else. Can't wait for more Mario to come.

I love SMO but boooooooooring if this is legit and that's how they plan to capitalize on the movie hype. Well, I guess it depends on what the extra movie-related thing is.

Guessing this is just a v2 Switch and not an OLED.

I'm expecting it to be something silly and not actual game content, but I'll happily eat crow Cookatiel if not

the extra thing is you'll be able to buy a costume to make you look like movie Mario and sound like Chris Pratt

something to do with the movie? merch?
If not merch... a DLC costume for odyssey? (that would be weak)
What would be even worse: 1 DLC world... thats like: heres a sip, now stop expecting a new 3D Mario.

Not the first time billbil-kun has leaked stuff ahead of time for other game companies and he tends to be accurate so I see no reason to doubt this.

a 6 year old game, come on

If accurate, it would seem to indicate the particular bundle is targeted at people who don't already own this but decide they want more Mario because of the movie.

There's always the question of how large that particular demographic might be, but those Mario Kart bundles seem to persist and spring anew eternal.

In any case, such a target audience is unlikely to care, particularly, how old the bundled game is.

Could you imagine if Nintendo released Super Mario Odyssey DLC with new worlds or worlds specially based off the movie?

They did it with Mario Kart 8, so it's definitely a possibility.

Wasn't this the sku or timing people expected Nintendo announce the TotK OLED?
The March 10th SKU was from a GameStop leak where it said preorders would be available then. I'm still leaning on the Zelda OLed being announced on the 8th, based on when the past OLEDs we're announced.

IIRC precedent says March 15th or 22nd.

Edit: nope, it's the 1st or 8th going on that. The 10th was based on the GameStop thing, but these have always been Wednesday announcements.

a 6 year old game, come on
They've been releasing MK8 DX bundles every Black Friday, it's not surprising.

Believe it or not there are people who haven't bought either Mario Kart or Odyssey.

(People is me)

tumblr_lz9j4bExte1rp928zo1_250.gifv

I love SMO but boooooooooring if this is legit and that's how they plan to capitalize on the movie hype. Well, I guess it depends on what the extra movie-related thing is.

These bundles are meant for new customers, mostly kids. They want a kid to see the Mario movie, ask their parents to get them a Mario videogame, and boom, here's the bundle. Any major brand new stuff I wouldn't expect to be in a Switch bundle because they can just easily sell those on their own.

If OLED were due for a price drop, but I don't think any evidence was leaning to that.

This does make more sense, if only to clear out V2 stock but dang if it means OLED is still not getting a price drop anytime soon

I wish that we got Odyssey DLC. Damn, that game is good.

Honestly, it's probably a movie ticket like others have mentioned. Maybe we get really spoiled and Odyssey gets an update...with a costume that makes Mario look like he does in the movie. I imagine that would be the extent of things.

It won’t be a movie ticket, that makes no sense. It doesn’t really add much value, like tons of people that already know Mario will go see the movie in theaters. Why would someone that doesn’t own a Switch/Odyssey would pull the trigger on that bundle for a movie ticket. Odyssey was already virtually β€œbundled” multiple times with those half off promotions (when I bought mine)

The boring answer would be another kind of promotional material like stickers (not sure how this adds up in Euros) but the dream is Odyssey DLC. Yes, the ship never officially sailed, if they bothered making new Mario Kart 8 DLC why not Odyssey? It’s also a multi million evergreen title

It won’t be a movie ticket, that makes no sense. It doesn’t really add much value, like tons of people that already know Mario will go see the movie in theaters. Why would someone that doesn’t own a Switch/Odyssey would pull the trigger on that bundle for a movie ticket. Odyssey was already virtually β€œbundled” multiple times with those half off promotions (when I bought mine)

The boring answer would be another kind of promotional material like stickers (not sure how this adds up in Euros) but the dream is Odyssey DLC. Yes, the ship never officially sailed, if they bothered making new Mario Kart 8 DLC why not Odyssey? It’s also a multi million evergreen title

Mario kart is different because you get one Mario kart per system and that's it.

3D mario already got two further retail releases, and given how hard the movie is leaning in to the 3D world aesthetic, if anything was getting a significant dlc update to tie in to the movie, it would probably be that, not Odyssey.

269 € is the MSRP of Switch in France? Or is it the price of a Switch and a game?
Last time Switch got an Odyssey bundle was that 379,99 US$ bundle of 2017 black Friday that was Switch + game + case without any discount.
If it's discounted like MK8DX Black Friday bundle, it's pretty big news imo as it would be the closest we get to a price cut. If they are widely available and they produce them in mass, I mean.

Now that thing from the movie can either be literally most boring thing ever, like stickers or the Switch or dock having art from the movie, or a poster or something, OR...

The actual most exciting possibility would be Odyssey DLC. Some kingdoms with the movie scenarios, costume that's Mario movie design. Would be paid DLC ofc but game and dlc would come with the bundle.

Would make sense to not announce this on the Direct if they didn't want to talk about anything movie related. A Super Mario Direct early March would be the dream but I don't think that's happening.

269 € is the MSRP of Switch in France? Or is it the price of a Switch and a game?
Last time Switch got an Odyssey bundle was that 379,99 US$ bundle of 2017 black Friday that was Switch + game + case without any discount.
If it's discounted like MK8DX Black Friday bundle, it's pretty big news imo as it would be the closest we get to a price cut. If they are widely available and they produce them in mass, I mean.

Now that thing from the movie can either be literally most boring thing ever, like stickers or the Switch or dock having art from the movie, or a poster or something, OR...

The actual most exciting possibility would be Odyssey DLC. Some kingdoms with the movie scenarios, costume that's Mario movie design. Would be paid DLC ofc but game and dlc would come with the bundle.

Would make sense to not announce this on the Direct if they didn't want to talk about anything movie related. A Super Mario Direct early March would be the dream but I don't think that's happening.

A switch without a game on amazon.fr is basically 269€ right now, yes

Nintendo can do an Old Mario bundle soon but still release a new Mario game later this year. Currently they're obviously aiming to drive back catalogue sales of multiple Super Mario titles using the film - hence the Princess and Bowser promotional videos that have come out doing exactly that.

They couldn't at least be bothered to rerelease the Mario special edition Switch from the 35th anniversary? Just a standard V2 with red joy-cons?

Nintendo can do an Old Mario bundle soon but still release a new Mario game later this year. Currently they're obviously aiming to drive back catalogue sales of multiple Super Mario titles using the film - hence the Princess and Bowser promotional videos that have come out doing exactly that.

Yeah, I doubt they would release a new game together with the movie, that would be a marketing mess. I'm confident we will still see a new Mario game this year, just later when Nintendo has moved on from marketing the movies but it's still fresh on people's minds.

Yeah, I doubt they would release a new game together with the movie, that would be a marketing mess. I'm confident we will still see a new Mario game this year, just later when Nintendo has moved on from marketing the movies but it's still fresh on people's minds.
A new Mario would the best surprise of the year and would more than make up for the lack of new hardware!

With that pricing it could have only been a V2, OLEDs especially special edition ones are not dropping in price anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom