• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Nintendo Investor Meeting on Nov 7th - News & Information Thread

Meelow

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
acastro_STK054_01.jpg

What: The investor meeting (shareholder meeting) happens every quarter; this is where Nintendo will discuss sales of their current platforms, games and more! They also discuss the future of Nintendo and what 2024 might hold for us.

When:
  • The earnings release is on Tuesday, November 7th, at 3:30 PM Tokyo time.
  • The earnings call (investors meeting / Q&A) is on Wednesday, November 8th at 10 AM Tokyo time.
What can we expect from this meeting?: Updated sales of the Switch and its games (TOTK, Pikmin 4, SMBW, etc), likely further news on the Nintendo museum in Japan, Super Nintendo World updates, and the thing that most people are hoping for...A possible confirmation of the Nintendo Switch 2 (even if it's just a basic, "we are developing a Nintendo Switch successor planned to release in 2024")

(And, of course, a fan buying 40k in stock to attend to ask about the future of Earthbound).

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2023/231108e.pdf

Financial results briefing / corporate management policy briefing just uploaded

Last edited:
They won’t discuss numbers for Wonder in the earnings release; this is for six months (AKA to the end of September). At best you’ll get vague commentary if an investor asks during the Q&A, that’s happened a few times.

Leaked Q&A from time travelers:
Q: With momentum slowing down for Nintendo Switch, when will Nintendo release a successor?

A: Nintendo Switch is currently in the middle of its life. In 2024, we will work hard to convey the appeal of Nintendo Switch to consumers.

Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory
Uncharted Territory

Squidward.jpeg

Wonder if we'll get another unhinged fan wasting their money to ask a dumb question
I think these type of questions go to show how Nintendo's built up the brand that specific questions on certain IPs are brought up, like that one about F-Zero. But yeah, they usually seem unreasonable because of how often they made a mountain out of a molehill.

Splatoon players were most exasperated with this fan for not expressing their primary concerns with the game, most notably the map design, matchmaking, weapon balance, and other fundamental gameplay issues. They basically dismiss the fan's concerns because it was basically nothing, or how it could've been worse (like how originally there won't be an Inkling Boy). Looking at the post at this investor, I can understand how the Inkling Boy is usually shafted, and in fact promotional material generally puts the female versions front-and-centre (e.g.: the box art's most dominant character is the female Inkling). Even then, I didn't really think it matters that much in the end.

Thank you for reading.

Considering the DLC drop, it's possible, albeit would need a great quarter, for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet to pass the last known numbers for Pokémon Gold & Silver making them the third best selling Pokémon game after less than a year. Would need 1.1m to do it, which isn't that unfeasible. SWSH did 800k in the same timeframe. With the DLC dropping, it is possible. SWSH had a nice bump due to DLC and while SV was down compared with SWSH (+600k compared to +800k) from March to June, SWSH had the DLC and SV was fighting TotK in that quarter

At best, I think we'll see an announcement that Switch 2 is coming next year. That plus some new joint-venture/restructuring/management announcement.

We'll get sales figures, release dates confirmation and not much else, but you know what?

reggie-my-body-is-ready.gif

Fuck it, i'm hyped for some reason, and i'm going to enjoy every single line of that meeting.

Bring on the numbers, Nintendo!

I have a feeling they'll say something more substantial regarding the Switch 2 here, though I doubt it will be a full reveal

We’ll get some numbers about money.
Some comment about always researching new technology and hardware.
Something about uncharted territory.
A little bit about expanding the existing audience of the Switch.
No Switch 2 anything.

acastro_STK054_01.jpg

What: The investor meeting (shareholder meeting) happens every quarter; this is where Nintendo will discuss sales of their current platforms, games and more! They also discuss the future of Nintendo and what 2024 might hold for us.

When:
  • The earnings release is on Tuesday, November 7th, at 3:30 PM Tokyo time.
  • The earnings call (investors meeting / Q&A) is on Wednesday, November 8th at 10 AM Tokyo time.
What can we expect from this meeting?: Updated sales of the Switch and its games (TOTK, Pikmin 4, SMBW, etc), likely further news on the Nintendo museum in Japan, Super Nintendo World updates, and the thing that most people are hoping for...A possible confirmation of the Nintendo Switch 2 (even if it's just a basic, "we are developing a Nintendo Switch successor planned to release in 2024")

(And, of course, a fan buying 40k in stock to attend to ask about the future of Earthbound).

Shuntaro Furukawa :
As you can see, we have changed one of the most fundamental thing of our company and it will have massive impact on our games : we say farewell to red and white and welcome the Sepia tone.

Also Nintendo Sepia is the name of the new hardware, and you will love it.

Hey everyone; this is the first time we've had a general thread made ahead of an earnings release / investor’s meeting, and we're cool with that! We know questions may arise regarding the usual threads we see around these every quarter, so we want to say that we expect and encourage sales update threads to be made as usual, and any potentially newsworthy Q&A questions are allowed to have their own threads as well.

Enjoy the thread everyone!

-xghost777, MondoMega, Big Lantern Ghost, meatbag, Dardan Sandiego

Im not expecting to see anything or hear anything substantial regarding new hardware.
I don't think they will even mention it to be honest, especially if this thing isn’t coming out until next fall at the earliest

Wait until 2025, which will be the 10th anniversary.
Probably a Switch 2 exclusive.
It would be a shame if it wasn't cross-gen, given that the Switch 1 is perfectly capable of running the game. Personally, I think XCX, the Wii U Zelda games, the Wii U Yoshi game and a few 3DS ports are excellent opportunities to keep adding to the release schedule, and I see no reason why Nintendo shouldn't do so, or deprive its current user base.

My expectations:

1. No mention of new hardware
2. Early sales figures for Super Mario Bros. Wonder
3. Switch hardware sales in latest fiscal quarter continue to decline but not as bad as prior generations. Switch software sales more or less holding up.
4. Mention of initiatives (Nintendo Pop-Up Store, Nintendo Live) to expand Nintendo presence in Asian regions, mention of Nintendo KYOTO
5. Latest fiscal quarter will continue to be profitable

What I want to know:

1. How many Switch hardware units moved in the latest fiscal quarter. It would be concerning if they moved less than 2.5M.
2. Revenue and income breakdown
3. Top 10 bestselling software of all time and 1M sellers in latest fiscal quarter (Switch)

Hope we get the answer all Nintendo fans want to know.

When’s Golden Sun gonna drop on the NSO service
Picture this. The investor meeting is wrapping up but they’ve still not discussed the new system. President Furukawa, sensing that the room is restless, offers to answer just one more question. People begin clamoring to get their question answered but Furukawa waives them off and points to a person who has remained quiet the entire meeting. “What question do you have for me?” says Furukawa with a gentle smirk resting on his face. This person, encouraged by the kindness of Furukawa, briefly struggles to get his words out but eventually confidently asks “When is Golden Sun coming to NSO?” The room turn to Furukawa in unison as they anticipate his response. His smile widens and he snaps his fingers. In that moment a curtain drops that says “Golden Sun on NSO- Coming Eventually”. The room erupts in cheers as they received the one piece of news that every good little Nintendo fan dreamed of.

Back
Top Bottom