• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nintendo has established 'Nintendo Studios' and 'M Brothers Productions' for visual content production

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
Not officially unveiled (likely to happen whenever the first trailer premieres), but as discovered on Twitter the US copyright catalogue listings for the upcoming Mario film list 'Nintendo Studios, LLC' and 'M Brothers Productions, LLC' among the involved parties. These have likely been there for awhile but had remained unnoticed until recently.

This tracks with comments from past investor materals and Q&A responses; visual content is an area Nintendo want to expand in going forward, alongside Super Nintendo World for theme parks and more Nintendo Store openings for merch. It's a clear sign that they plan on taking these projects (not just films, as the below slide mentions) seriously. What they'll do after the Mario movie is still a mystery beyond rumors of a Donkey Kong spin-off, but they seem to be confident in having a future in this space.

unknown.png

91DEA7AF-03AF-480D-B379-7484B1D8AEE8.png

Personally i'm looking forward to the Mole Mania movie and Devil World limited series.

Please for the love of everything give Wario and Waluigi a super cartoony heist movie with lots of slapstick.

Can't wait for:
"My Mushroom Princess Is Taken To Another Castle"
"My Hero Monastery"
"Fire Emblem Z"
"XenoBlade Art Online"
"Plumber X Family"
"Is It Wrong To Pluck Pikmin In A Distant Planet?"
"Luigi's Mansion Shippuden"
"My Little Kokiri Can't Be This Cute"
"Ikametsu no Yaiba: Woomy Slayer"
"Bounty Hunter X Bounty Hunter"
"Ashita no Mac"
"City Hunter: Showing the Moves"
"Tengen Toppa Great Fox Lagann"

Live action Metroid in the vein of the first 30 minutes of Riddick.

Starring Vin Diesel as the Metroid.

the question would be who and where would this media be put out? I guess Universal would do their damnest to keep Nintendo in their channel. maybe a first refusal deal for a certain number of movies. would that extend to the Peacock service or would Nintendo keep the door open for Apple/Amazon/Netflix/HBOMax/etc? Netflix already got a Pokemon show in development, so I can see them wanting something else, but they already shat the bed with Zelda.

the smart thing to do is mix it. live action metroid, zelda can be both, animated animal crossing, etc
I'm dreading to think what a live action Zelda would look like. I haven't been very happy with the look of most live action fantasy movies coming out of Hollywood in the last few years.

I'm curious if Nintendo has any intention to set up in-house animators for these sorts of projects even if it's smaller like we saw with Pikmin shorts.

Anyways kind of obvious what the future holds if Mario does well.

I'm curious if Nintendo has any intention to set up in-house animators for these sorts of projects even if it's smaller like we saw with Pikmin shorts.

They might be better off buying a studio for that

Not caring unless they start pumping out anime

Live actions are for well adjusted people

you just used the wrong word in famiboards, we re taking off your user privileges!

Metroid by Titmouse or bust!

Nintendo shouldn't limit themselves to Japanese content makers
they certainly wont be considering their debut is with hollywood.

I could easily imagine something of sorts being stablished and also giving a big hand with visual stuff on games. Like visual works from SE, or in a better example... Marza from Sega, who does both cgi and other stuff for the games and also does part of the cgi for the sonic movies among other stuff.

I do agree tho, buying a studio might be the better option here but who knows.

Can't wait for:
"My Mushroom Princess Is Taken To Another Castle"
"My Hero Monastery"
"Fire Emblem Z"
"XenoBlade Art Online"
"Plumber X Family"
"Is It Wrong To Pluck Pikmin In A Distant Planet?"
"Luigi's Mansion Shippuden"
"My Little Kokiri Can't Be This Cute"
"Ikametsu no Yaiba: Woomy Slayer"
"Bounty Hunter X Bounty Hunter"
"Ashita no Mac"
"City Hunter: Showing the Moves"
"Tengen Toppa Great Fox Lagann"
3qKRa0i_d.webp

I love all these ideas

Anything shudders live-action or is everything animated?
I don't honestly know for sure. But some of the names being tossed around on the creative side of things for one of the projects are mostly known for live-action.

Edit: I should clarify this is all very early. Like discussions with possible creative talent haven't even started (or are just starting). Right now its a lot of executives going "Oh that person would be a good fit."

And all the possible projects I've heard of are through Universal.

Last edited:
Some IPs like Splatoon or Animal Crossing have to be anime, even if I'm not the biggest anime fan I would hate for them to be live action movies lol

OMG WAIT I JUST REALIZED HOW TO DO A LIVE ACTION ANIMAL CROSSING

THE JIM HENSON COMPANY!!

Follow the old Muppet adaptation formula of having one live action main character (the villager) and all the other characters be Muppets. It could work.

There are multiple Nintendo projects in the works in Hollywood, and they aren't hard to guess.

Beyond Mario and Zelda, I'm curious what are the other ones you think are not hard to guess. Nintendo has several franchises that could be decent picks, but no idea what would be next.

Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Splatoon?

Beyond Mario and Zelda, I'm curious what are the other ones you think are not hard to guess. Nintendo has several franchises that could be decent picks, but no idea what would be next.

Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Splatoon?
Metroid seems an easy pick for Hollywood movie, AC/Splatoon/FE are anime picks for sure imo

I doubt they are diving right into making movies. They will probably start with making cutscenes, film shorts and ads for their games and youtube channel. I'm sure this foot into making their own TV shows and movies.

I can see them making their own:
Mario Movie/Show
Luigi shorts either with ghosts or doing other things
Donkey Kong Movie/Show
Splatoon show for their youtube channel
Pikmin shorts
Fire Emblem Anime possibility
Kirby Shorts/TV Show revival
Animal Crossing Shorts
Star Fox Shorts
Legend of Zelda shorts with Toon Link and possibility of a Zelda show/movie.

Stranger Kongs
The Perfect President Pauline
Purple is the New Wahhhh
Game of Goombas
Better Think Link

Back
Top Bottom