• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to rain all day today in Orlando apparently?

Seriously, every time there's rain in the forecast it's just sunny all day. It's ridiculous.

Returning to the US tomorrow. Truly, absolutely cannot be arsed with the 20 hour door to door journey. Glad to have XBC 3 to carry on with, and Sunbreak, as well as House of the Dragon continuing and Rings of Power starting at the end of the week. Nerdy refuges help make chronic illness tolerable in the rough patches.

Sure will be great to have a Direct soon too

stares pointedly at Nintendo

Well they're still paying me and I have stuff to do; it's only for a couple more months and then it's back to the UK, where it's legal for water companies to pump actual human shit into the rivers and seas. Paradise.
I didn't know Trump swam in the UK

I love the new YouTube channel of Masahiro Sakurai, but he could really do well if he start a TikTok-channel with moisterizing tips & tricks in order to keep looking as young as he does at 52 :D

Well they're still paying me and I have stuff to do; it's only for a couple more months and then it's back to the UK, where it's legal for water companies to pump actual human shit into the rivers and seas. Paradise.
If you hadn't said "back to the UK" I woulda assumed that last part was still about the USA 🀣

Very late to the party, but just finished the first season of Only Murders in the Building on Disney+ and it might be the best show I’ve seen in a long time. What a trio of legends, and great writing who reminded me of my favorite Poirot adventures

I love the new YouTube channel of Masahiro Sakurai, but he could really do well if he start a TikTok-channel with moisterizing tips & tricks in order to keep looking as young as he does at 52 :D
Well, the answer to eternal youth is exercising, wearing sunscreen + moisturizer on your face everyday, eating well, and most importantly being one of the best game designers of all time

αŽΆααŽ§α’αŽ© α–αŽ§ ᏕᏂαŽ₯ᏉᏋᏒ
UGgqx3c.jpg

About 10 hours into my Prey playthrough, I might have to admit to myself that this type of game is not for me. I dig the atmosphere and setting, but there is a survival aspect to it in some degree with how sparsely the game hands you resources and how you have to manage them, and I kind of suck at doing that. I have put myself into a corner with no feasible way out, which kind of sucks since I enjoyed it otherwise.

On another note, I picked up the DMC HD Collection + DMC4SE bundle on sale, so I will dive into that sometime soon to shorten the wait for Bayo 3, while still chipping away at Dragon's Dogma ever so slowly.

Signs I've seen in the Splatoon 3 square so far:
  • "I wish Big Man was real"
  • "I hope every team loses"
  • "Dad left me at Target"
  • "Trans rights (a few of these, actually)"
  • "Rocks help break windows for looting"
Also various drawings of Dwayne Johnson and a drawing of a psychotic looking character holding a scissors that just says "yes"

Also various drawings of Dwayne Johnson and a drawing of a psychotic looking character holding a scissors that just says "yes"

I saw the I wish Big Man was Real one. Saw some Trans rights one. And someone who is lost at McDonalds.

Anyone has good tips to clean a tv/ monitor? I tried those dedicated sprays /cloths / kits but it always lefts some smear from the cleaning kits
Swiffer electrostatic dusters work pretty well for my TV, and for my monitor I use isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber cloth

One of the ones I saw was "if team paper wins I'm going to throw a rock through my Switch".

i love how the moderation is only semi-effective on these drawings (for the more out there posts, not the inevitably offensive ones).

I might misremember, but I am pretty sure my first playthrough (Boue Lions) was about 50 hours. I have about 140 across three branches + 1 standalone playthrough of Ashen Wolves, and started but never finished the fourth.

XB3s absurdly high completion time is what makes me shy away from the game. Can't stick around with one game for that long, unless it is spread out over multiple playthroughs, or it is the kind of game that has you coming back to it periodically for new content.
Three Houses routes tend to take me around 80ish hours

i love how the moderation is only semi-effective on these drawings (for the more out there posts, not the inevitably offensive ones).
Oh there were some other ones that had me laughing but I didn't want to post about them here because π–†π–‰π–šπ–‘π–™ π–ˆπ–”π–“π–™π–Šπ–“π–™

Really surprised by what's slipping through the moderation, yeah. πŸ˜…

When they told me parenting was exhausting I didn't realize that it was mainly the housework that was so draining.

Laundry and dishes always need to be done. Always. There's never a time when they're all clean. What the hell. It's a time loop.

When they told me parenting was exhausting I didn't realize that it was mainly the housework that was so draining.

Laundry and dishes always need to be done. Always. There's never a time when they're all clean. What the hell. It's a time loop.
Staring at pile of laundry needing to be folded after just having loaded the dishwasher

Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1 sucks and is terrible. That shit cost me three continues, at least a dozen lives, and one actual game over forcing me back to Green Hill Zone before I finally beat it. Please tell me the rest of the game isn’t as horrible.

Now that I think of it, Marble Zone sucks too. But at least the music is good there.

Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1 sucks and is terrible. That shit cost me three continues, at least a dozen lives, and one actual game over forcing me back to Green Hill Zone before I finally beat it. Please tell me the rest of the game isn’t as horrible.

Now that I think of it, Marble Zone sucks too. But at least the music is good there.
Labyrinth Zone is absolutely the low point of Sonic 1. The final level throws some difficulty but it's not as bad as the three act gauntlet that is Labyrinth.

What am I going to do to pass the time until Splatoon 3 releases now that the Splatfest demo is over, aside from playing Super Mega Baseball 3? Why, Cookie Clicker, of course.

can’t wait to show you all the screenshot and or video of all of the logs I just accidentally dropped into GrΓΆgol Bonanza

this is not a euphemism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom