• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 100%ed Kirby Super Star.

20220821_130946.jpg

unknown.png

Ugh, pushed back to Q4.

Anyway, I wonder if it's worth it?

Is it as powerful as a PS5?

Maybe there's a way to switch to the middle one?

Idk.

¯\(ツ)

Publication sets clickbait title to farm reactions but doesn't get the desired reaction is a tale as old as time [citation needed]. It has happened to the best of us.

When I think of my childhood school days, I recall sitting in class wishing I was finding the next star in Super Mario RPG or searching for Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII. I’m sure those of us who regularly follow RPGFan had similar daydreams during class, perhaps even dreaming designs for our own RPGs. In RPG Time: The Legend of Wright, one kid is immediately pursuing that dream, having built his own RPG experience from scratch. And right now, you’re at this schoolchild’s desk — and mercy — as you indulge in his made-up fantasy.

(...)

The music in Kenta’s playlist feels exactly like something you would have heard while playing a Dragon Quest or a Legend of Zelda game, with a mix of pixelated and high-fidelity tunes. There’s no voice acting, but you could imagine a kid excitedly leading you through his story through the energetic writing. The sound effects go a long way toward making your actions feel satisfying, like the sound of iron cutting through the air as you swing your sword at an enemy. The controls are sharp and help facilitate an enjoyable journey through Cardboardia. All the same, I couldn’t help but think RPG Time would be more fun on a touch screen or with now-abandoned motion controls, like on the Wii.

RPG Time respects your time, allowing you to save the world in roughly 7 hours. The tale was expeditiously wrapped up before Kenta or I ran out of steam or energy. It’s a fun re-creation of the boundless zeal and creativity a child would bring to one of his creations, and it’s an adorable love letter to all kinds of games. The game’s invitation to play pushes it beyond simply a game to conquer. That’s a positive because though it can be fun and engaging, it lacks the crunchy investment that RPGs typically require. Still, the overflowing creativity makes your journey in RPG Time worthwhile for letting your inner child run wild.

(Skipped to the end after the first paragraph.)

I feel like buying a bunch of records and I never actually have time to sit down and listen to them, please talk some sense into me
I was big into vinyl for about a month and then I put it all away and just kept my three CHVRCHES albums on display.

Publication sets clickbait title to farm reactions but doesn't get the desired reaction is a tale as old as time [citation needed].
So is Gamers™ shitting on games journalists for things that can very, very, very easily be verified as either not true, or misleading.

I mean, the entire industry is still being seen as filled with "woke casuals who can't play vidya games :mad:" because of two videos from 5+ years ago. At this point people just want to shit on them because it's easy and nets you credibility in most gaming circles.

So is Gamers™ shitting on games journalists for things that can very, very, very easily be verified as either not true, or misleading.

I mean, the entire industry is still being seen as filled with "woke casuals who can't play vidya games :mad:" because of two videos from 5+ years ago. At this point people just want to shit on them because it's easy and nets you credibility in most gaming circles.
Yeah, it sucks!

Updated my recent dungeon demo to fix a bunch of major save-related bugs. So feel free to try it out now!

I first wanted to make this a thread but it's not really thread worthy so....

Seeing all these Castlevania reissues makes me want to replay the two N64 games Konami wants us to forget. I'd love it if Nintendo said "look, we take Castlevania and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness and make it one game. We totally remake it and have Reinhardt, Carrie and Cornell eacht have their own story".

Yes, I know this will never happen but a man can dream.

lol been watching Buffy and Angel concurrently and now that I’m nearing the end I started looking at the follow ups… just to realize “Dark Angel” is an altogether unrelated show 😂 I dunno why I thought it was the direct sequel to Angel

lol been watching Buffy and Angel concurrently and now that I’m nearing the end I started looking at the follow ups… just to realize “Dark Angel” is an altogether unrelated show 😂 I dunno why I thought it was the direct sequel to Angel
there-can-only-be-one

Oh boy it feels like my Xenoblade 2 playthrough will take a looooong time. I’m at Chapter 4 and have already played like 36 hours…

Not even sure where I’ve even spent all those hours lol.

Damn. Did you ever figure out the cause?
Not the cause of it but I know it’s carpal tunnel.

I tried to see if it would be okay to,play a game today. Played wave race. Couldn’t finish a full set of races so I guess it’s not fully ready for that yet

Just waiting for someone to point out how babies born the same year the last new F-Zero game was released are now old enough to get divorced or something.

Are monopoly and uno for switch good games to play with one hand?
I think they should be, but I can't say for certain. Just wanted to say some touchscreen focused adventure games may be easier on your wrists. I'm thinking of stuff like Röki, Broken Age and Tangle Tower. None of them require quick wrist actions. I played them all in Docked but I'm pretty sure they should have a touchscreen option. Sending good vibes for you to feel better soon BTW.

Big puppy + little kids = constant stress and anxiety

He hasn't shown a hint of aggression towards the kids but he's just so big that when he plays he often knocks them over or kinda tramples them.

Do any of you actually play Switch until it's time to go out and then take the Switch with you and continue playing on the train/bus/wherever you're going in handheld mode? Or vice versa, do you play the game on the go and after coming home immediately dock it and keep playing? Just curious because even though I love handhelds I rarely ever play them outside, it's been years.
Sometimes I do, like when I’m on the commute.

We have a student in one of my classes with severe anxiety, such that just being the room with us is a big step forward for him, and one of his ways to cope is to play games on his laptop while he listens. We allow this, along with things like fidgets and stim toys, or whatever helps the kids to self-regulate.

Today he was gaming as usual, and the teacher from the school who sits in on our program didn't think he was listening cos he was actively doing something else, but then when it came time for our group discussion, he spoke up briefly in his quiet little voice with a fantastic insight I hadn't even considered. Far from a distraction, it actually helps him to focus and to stay calm enough to handle the classroom setting.

Really goes to show not just how beneficial gaming can be (something my job constantly reminds me of) but that so much of traditional school rules like sitting still, making eye contact, etc is based on neurotypical norms and the neurodiverse kids actually do better in school if they are allowed to move around or game or stim or even not look at the teacher.

I honestly feel like I could write a novel about just how helpful video games can be to neurodiverse people.

I'm interested, but also was kind of waiting on some word of mouth on this one given... the obvious
The last few seasons disappointed me so much that I was totally ready to skip this and haven’t been excited for it at all. But now my dad is really excited for it and wants to watch it together so… yeah. Hopefully it’s good.

We have a student in one of my classes with severe anxiety, such that just being the room with us is a big step forward for him, and one of his ways to cope is to play games on his laptop while he listens. We allow this, along with things like fidgets and stim toys, or whatever helps the kids to self-regulate.

Today he was gaming as usual, and the teacher from the school who sits in on our program didn't think he was listening cos he was actively doing something else, but then when it came time for our group discussion, he spoke up briefly in his quiet little voice with a fantastic insight I hadn't even considered. Far from a distraction, it actually helps him to focus and to stay calm enough to handle the classroom setting.

Really goes to show not just how beneficial gaming can be (something my job constantly reminds me of) but that so much of traditional school rules like sitting still, making eye contact, etc is based on neurotypical norms and the neurodiverse kids actually do better in school if they are allowed to move around or game or stim or even not look at the teacher.

I honestly feel like I could write a novel about just how helpful video games can be to neurodiverse people.
Can I just say I love your stories on here, and how positive and wholesome it can be? Always lifts me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom