• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok look I really don't mind TLOU getting a remake

but isn't it hilarious that they're releasing a remake of a game that's already playable on PS5
Yes, but this should be the default. We shouldn’t wait for remasters to be able to play games we bought on modern hardware. They should just run, and our digital libraries should follow us from gen to gen.

TLOU is a weird case, admittedly

JANUARY 6TH COMMITTEE DIRECT LET'S GOOOOOOOO
my hype is sarcastic, I am actually disheartened and terrified about the future of my country to the point where I've had friends from outside the US sincerely offer me shelter if I decided to run away 😅

Post 2000! The last 1000 went quicker than the first, so assume I’ll reach 3000 even faster. Could be a product of finally making some STs though. Thanks to all who have quoted and liked the last 1000 posts. I’m sure 5% of the next 1000 will probably be pictures of my food.

Post 2000! The last 1000 went quicker than the first, so assume I’ll reach 3000 even faster. Could be a product of finally making some STs though. Thanks to all who have quoted and liked the last 1000 posts. I’m sure 5% of the next 1000 will probably be pictures of my food.
50 pictures of quality meals, sign me up

Ooh I just broke 3k messages myself! I’m really curious how my post rate has evolved in my time here, definitely an increase month over month I presume as I’ve gotten more comfortable and shed the fears of communities past.

I’ve also given out over 2.8k Yeah!s

I’m sure 5% of the next 1000 will probably be pictures of my food.
PlushUnrulyKoalabear-max-1mb.gif

um yes

gimmie

EDIT: Oop, just found @mazi ’s thread!

Ok, I have a serious question for people who have played Strikers games before:

Will Battle League be worth it? The reasons I’m asking here instead of checking reviews are

(a) certain reviews say it doesn’t have much more than previous iterations, but as someone who’s never played any previous iterations, that’s not really a problem for me specifically since it’ll all be new anyway

(b) I don’t really like any big review sites anymore… this is entirely subjective, but since I disagree with so many of their takes, I can’t say I’ll agree with them on this either

(c) why not generate some discussion?

edit: typo

I recall @7threst talking in a previous thread about Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends, the hand-drawn PC+Switch metroidvania based on the classic Little Nemo comics.

So it seems of interest that the Kickstarter for another hand-drawn PC+Switch metroidvania based on the classic Little Nemo comics is active -- Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland.

Such use of Little Nemo actually seems like something we might see fairly often, come to think of it.

um yes

gimmie

EDIT: Oop, just found @mazi ’s thread!

Definitely the highlight of the day

Had one of those special moments. In my class this week we had this one kid who seemed really withdrawn; our policy is participation by choice, so we decided to let him just be on his laptop to one side so as not to overwhelm him and just let him listen/observe.

He barely said anything the whole session. During the session we went around and shared our interests, as these are very important for autistics. He didn't feel like talking, so we let him be. Another policy we have is that us mentors participate too; I shared gaming as one of my interests.

When the session ended, and the others were leaving, this student said to me in a tiny voice "I really like gaming too."

I swear, most people just do not realize how powerful gaming can be a safe shared space for those who find the real world an ordeal.

Had one of those special moments. In my class this week we had this one kid who seemed really withdrawn; our policy is participation by choice, so we decided to let him just be on his laptop to one side so as not to overwhelm him and just let him listen/observe.

He barely said anything the whole session. During the session we went around and shared our interests, as these are very important for autistics. He didn't feel like talking, so we let him be. Another policy we have is that us mentors participate too; I shared gaming as one of my interests.

When the session ended, and the others were leaving, this student said to me in a tiny voice "I really like gaming too."

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Ok, I have a serious question for people who have played Strikers games before:

Will Battle League be worth it? The reasons I’m asking here instead of checking reviews are

(a) certain reviews say it doesn’t have much more than previous iterations, but as someone who’s never played any previous iterations, that’s not really a problem for me specifically since it’ll all be new anyway

(b) I don’t really like any big review sites anymore… this is entirely subjective, but since I disagree with so many of their takes, I can’t say I’ll agree with them on this either

(c) why not generate some discussion?

edit: typo
Aside from the demo, no one has played it yet so you’ll have to wait two days for proper impressions. If you like playing games online though, the Strikers games always had fun core gameplay, so hypothetically we’ll get more out of it than prior games. I’m looking forward to it on Friday.

We really need to bring back threads celebrating post count milestones. Used to love reading those on the Atari Community Forums.

It's morbin time

and by morbin time I mean I'm off work so now I'm finally free to sit at home doing anything but play games

Nope, I can’t do it. I put on summer game fest with my plan of fast forwarding most of it, but after three minutes I’m out. I‘ll check out the “highlights” instead

Miss this thread. I hope your head feels better soon @WhyS! It's not right that you should feel unwell on the 159th day of January.

Three Hopes, AI Nirvana Initiative, Live a Live, Digimon Survive, Xenoblade 3

the summer of WEEBS, the summer of US

Might cancel my Xenoblade 3 US preorder and pick it up in the UK, because I'll be home just after it comes out.

That'll also give me a little longer to finish Live Alive...

(Also I'll save a little money buying the UK version)

I had a slight panic attack. I am staying at my parents' place for the weekend and I thought I accidentally forgot my Switch. That would have meant I would to have entertained myself by catching up on shows I missed like The Boys, Squid Game, and the Expanse Season 5. Thankfully, I did find my Switch buried in my travel bag. Now I can spend my weekend catching up on anime with the Crunchyroll app.

I had a slight panic attack. I am staying at my parents' place for the weekend and I thought I accidentally forgot my Switch. That would have meant I would to have entertained myself by catching up on shows I missed like The Boys, Squid Game, and the Expanse Season 5. Thankfully, I did find my Switch buried in my travel bag. Now I can spend my weekend catching up on anime with the Crunchyroll app.
I thought for a second there you we’re going to actually….

play a video game

Nope, I can’t do it. I put on summer game fest with my plan of fast forwarding most of it, but after three minutes I’m out. I‘ll check out the “highlights” instead
Nah man I can’t even do that. After what felt like twelve cg trailers they hit me with an eight minute thing for call of duty, and that’s it. I’ve hit my limit.

I feel like Pokémon Snap is totally gonna miss this month for NSO? Like maybe first week of July, but I don’t know if there’s space for it this month.

I'm ill again, Fami. Ooph. I mean sure, chronic illness means always being ill, but the symptoms are frequent and at times severe sooo

I'll have to spend some time deciding what my post Mass Effect game will be in the interim before Three Hopes. Should finish Mass Effect on Saturday, I think. I could dig something short out of the Pile of Shame on the Switch, or I could immediately begin Mass Effect 2. Or sign up to Game Pass for a month for Tunic...

Xenoblade 2 English voices seem pretty good so far. I played the game with JP voices back when it came out. Nia seems a bit quiet but apart from that, I think I’m gonna get used to this pretty quickly.

Xenoblade 2 English voices seem pretty good so far. I played the game with JP voices back when it came out. Nia seems a bit quiet but apart from that, I think I’m gonna get used to this pretty quickly.
I thought the English VA was overall pretty great. Rex got a lot of crap for not having the best screams, but other than that I think he's pretty good. And Nia, Morag, and Zeke are all excellent

I feel like Pokémon Snap is totally gonna miss this month for NSO? Like maybe first week of July, but I don’t know if there’s space for it this month.
Doesn’t need space it’s tiny. Could be a direct shadow drop paired up with the new roadmap

The abyss has truly taken hold of me now . And not in the cute funny way.
6j6xgj.gif

I think I'm gonna try to add smaller eyes to the ends of each of the tentacles too. So they can all fire laser beams together!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom