• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, coming up with dozens of random NPC names based on limited world building mythology you have in your head is not as easy as it sounds.

Filamina Quackenbush can teach you expert dagger skill if you'd like.

Also fuck Jim Ryan.
Take two words and translate them into Welsh. It's what I do for almost all of my character names

Go figure the eshop sale ended 2 days ago, but hopefully if I just keep pushing off this purchase until Black Friday it'll drop to 50% off hopefully lol

My post to yeah! ratio is now 1:1

I can finally feel like an actual member of this community
Congratulations! You're now entitled to a monocle, a Cuban cigar and a bottle of 19 year aged Scotch whisky. Welcome to the secret society of upper echelon posting members.

Man im so fucking excited for the dead space remake. Im curious to see what the mentioned changes in story will be and all. The only thing that makes me nervous is the fact i dont have conditions to own a Series S or X in the very moment. But theres still some time before it releases :>)

The amount of respect EA is giving to this title makes me hopeful, i hope its a gigantic success and it brings the dead space franchise back with style. It, Mass Effect 4, Respawn's Star Wars games, and other stuff, i hope it brings a new era of QUALITY EA single player games

Hey, hey buddy, hey buddy ol' pal, ol' friend o' mine, I'm feeling ✨spicy✨

Who has mentioned Subway the most, according to official stat counter and forum father @bellydrum ? 😘
kiryu-desk-slam-kiryu.gif

Well, RGG Online kinda already is in a way !

Hey, never played that but it might be pretty fun ! Talking about it, I really hope they’ll release the Game Boy Pokémon TCG on NSO
It’s $8 considered a classic and contains all 4 versions of the game(English/Japanese and SNK/Capcom)

I, as a kid who was in a mock UN conference with many other kids from around the world in the early 2000s, happen to know what minging is. This is probably the only British slang word I know though.
I've spent a lot of time online on forums with British people (Alton Towers fansites [thanks RCT], Doctor Who fansites) and watching shit like Taskmaster and Would I Lie To You that I know their slang with ease.

As someone who only owns a switch and doesnt cares too much about the cutesy games nintendo releases like kirby, until bayo 3 gets an actual release date/ metroid prime remake actually exists it will be a somewhat barren year for me.

Go figure the eshop sale ended 2 days ago, but hopefully if I just keep pushing off this purchase until Black Friday it'll drop to 50% off hopefully lol

Congratulations! You're now entitled to a monocle, a Cuban cigar and a bottle of 19 year aged Scotch whisky. Welcome to the secret society of upper echelon posting members.

GTA Trilogy is probably going on my Black Friday list.

Oh just for dumb shit like this

1650671063031-png.299

Welcome to the forum by the way!
laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Tremble ye, and despair! Behold, as I unleash

C̷̨̢̥̗̭̙͙͓̼͓̹̮̹̮̩̈͑̀̂̍͂̀̿̐̒͒̈́͊͘͝͝ ̷̰̞̟͎͕͎̳̦̐͆͆̏͆̀̍̾̌̊̀́̈́̿͊̅̚̕H̶̻̹̰̩̙͛̌́̀̾̓͑̚ ̵̛̛̖̟̹̘̽̈́̀̇̈́́̆̈́̂̊͑̀̓̕͝Ä̴̢̛̺̝̮̮̱̻̭͕͇̩̭͕̫͉̦̉̀͠ ̷̛͖̠̳̻̙̻̥̺̣̙̊̓̍̐̒Ơ̷̝̹͍̜̮̞̻͕̖͕͚͍̪̥̘̅͑̽̈́̾͘͜ ̵̢̧̨̨̧̱̪̲͎̲͈̼̖̠͍̻̰̬́̏̐̓̌́͆̎̈̈̈́̎̓̅̕̕̚͜Š̶̡̪̠̖̤̤̞͈̙̹̟̿̾͆̔͆̔

As someone who only owns a switch and doesnt cares too much about the cutesy games nintendo releases like kirby, until bayo 3 gets an actual release date/ metroid prime remake actually exists it will be a somewhat barren year for me.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Fire Emblem Warriors is not cutesy games. Check them out.

Xenoblade, and livealive

is this bait

Xenoblade 3 alone makes this year at least on par with 2021 for me... Bayonetta 3 and new Pokémon games make it better, and if there's also Metroid Prime 1 coming, then it's loads, loads better

2022 is looking barren says gamer that routinely ignores the majority of quality games that come out each year.
Haha yeah, it's funny how in certain circles "barren" = "lack of AAAAA Western games". Over on the Resetera thread about Starfield's delay, it seems like people are completely ignoring Nintendo when they complain about "barren 2nd half" lol. If the new God of War gets delayed too, I'm gonna guess that 2022, similar to 2019, will be downplayed as a "weak year" because it lacks the cinematic AAAAA Western games smh

Haha yeah, it's funny how in certain circles "barren" = "lack of AAAAA Western games". Over on the Resetera thread about Starfield's delay, it seems like people are completely ignoring Nintendo when they complain about "barren 2nd half" lol. If the new God of War gets delayed too, I'm gonna guess that 2022, similar to 2019, will be downplayed as a "weak year" because it lacks the cinematic AAAAA Western games smh
Meanwhile there are at least FIVE titles releasing/released this year that are monumental heavy-hitters for me personally. And that's just from the release schedule we're aware of. I can't even imagine what the June Direct has in store for H2.

What else did I miss today while out in the field?

Oh, TV Master Chief had sex. Well good for him. Only been a few weeks but he's already moving a lot faster than videogame Chief.

1652391525794.png

So I'm trying to understand what Nintendo's eShop database tells us about their My Nintendo Store stock.

I'm mostly sure that the My Nintendo Store frontend uses the same data that I'm getting from their eShop API for things like release date, languages, titles, regions, etc.

The image above shows all the Xenoblade games according to Nintendo's eShop API, for each region.

According to the above image, their database shows each region having the following games:
Code:
North America:
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country

Europe:
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Japan:
Xenoblade Definitive Edition
Xenoblade Definitive Edition Collector's Set
Xenoblade 2
Xenoblade 3
Xenoblade 3

Compared to what we see on the My Nintendo Store:
Code:

Does anybody have any ideas as to why the discrepancy?

While the second half of the year is barren on PS5 and Xbox there’s still plenty to play.

My backlog is insane. I don’t need new $60-$70 releases every week.

I wouldn't say the year is barren but I'm not too surprised that people are a bit disappointed with so much getting moved. The end of the year is very light in games to me unless FF16 miraculously comes out. I'm getting Sunbreak (which is a couple hundred hours of gameplay so I'm good either way honestly lol), Live a Live and SH2 and that's about it. Pokemon is an extreme case of wait and see but I'm somewhat hopeful so maybe.

But the start was so frontloaded it's impossible for it to be a bad year really, plenty of stuff I can play still.

I, as a kid who was in a mock UN conference with many other kids from around the world in the early 2000s, happen to know what minging is. This is probably the only British slang word I know though.
I know a few terms like knicked but I don't think I've ever heard minging before. Also definitely the first time I've heard "suck ya da."

Random, related thought: disgusting is one of those words that has the perfect sound for its use. It's made for emphasis! Disgusting.

I know a few terms like knicked but I don't think I've ever heard minging before. Also definitely the first time I've heard "suck ya da."

Random, related thought: disgusting is one of those words that has the perfect sound for its use. It's made for emphasis! Disgusting.
Or as the Welsh (apparently) say: ffiaidd

Considering I'm getting 3 dream games of mine this year in XC3,Live A Live remake and what I hope it will be a good Digimon SRPG (ik it's VN/SRPG hybrid that only makes me love it more) in just a two week period I can't be more happy about how this year is looking to be software wise.

Surprised this guy let his thoughts out. You’d think he’d know the backlash, but guess not
The way things are going in a lot of sectors these days, letting those sorts of thoughts out will gain him support, and the backlash will be seen as a positive because he'll get to play the victim. See, he tried to show compassion and understanding for all and look how these horrible internet people treated him in return.

As a Switch only gamer, the rest of the year is anything but barren. Not only three massive first party games are on the way, they are supported by insane amount of third party stuff: Trails to Azure, Jojo's Bizarre Adv, GrimGrimoire, Alan Wake, Front Mission, Portal, Two Point Campus, No Man's Sky... And that's just the tip of the iceberg, we should get more announcements next week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom