• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about third party. Everything is summer and even summer doesn't have enough releases. May literally has one significant release.
Do you not think we won’t have another Direct or other event before summer?

A few things I need to say on Chrono trigger, also major spoilers for it
Damn you move fast. Just keep playing. That’s all I’ll say for now.

A few things I need to say on Chrono trigger, also major spoilers for it

. Wtf, they killed off crono like that? I doubt he’s gone for good as the game centers around time travel.

Also was I supposed to kill Magus? I also have a theory that he’s Janus sent to the past

This game is so good
LMAO I love posts like these

On the rare off-chance someone buys out SE, Nintendo definitely needs to poach Team Asano; same thing with the Mario + Rabbids team at Ubisoft.
Nintendo can poach him and his team without SE going under and most likely they will. But under Nintendo his team will work on bigger budgeted projects, what happened to Monolith will happen to them too. A Bravely Deault like game with Xenobalde looks is the dream...
Do you not think we won’t have another Direct or other event before summer?
Oh, I absolutely do. Hence asking someone to "light up the year".

Bought a couple of used Wii U games; waiting to arrive until the end of the week;

My entire year will be dedicated to this; buying around 2 or 3 a month;

Me too. I've never played a From game before, I am both looking forward to it and dreading it
Good luck! I'll be diving in Friday as well. Best I can say is don't get intimidated, don't be afraid to ask for help from Souls veterans about anything, and just ignore it if you run into any of the 'git gud' crowd. Most of the Souls community is really good about being friendly and helpful! Especially on Famiboards, I'm sure.

FD7E84B7-CD9C-4123-A9BC-B305E2CE048C.png

Debate this

the only JRPG played in my house is John, Ringo, Paul, and George

edit: oh my god whoops

Last edited:
Had a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket so I tossed it over to Nate via Streamlabs. Curious if he'll be able to answer my question in the future because as much as I hate to admit it it bugs the hell out of me.

Possibly an unpopular take, but I hope Xenoblade 3 is the last in the series.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Xenoblade games, and I would be all for more side games like X, but I feel like a saga this awesome deserves a proper finale and conclusion instead of being extended indefinitely, much as I'd prefer a TV show I love to go out with a bang after great 3 seasons than be endlessly renewed just cos it makes money.
It's been 11 years, I'm ready for it to be wrapped up in a spectacular climax and make way for something new.

I'd love to see them working on a new franchise, but i'm also not ready to say goodbye to Xenoblade...

I’m expecting some type of Future Connected or Torna for Xenoblade 3 so then after that perhaps no more “Xenoblade”. But xeno will continue, tho it is nice to see a vision being completed after prior attempts

Honestly after Xenoblade 3 they should make Xenoblade Golf and I'm not even remotely kidding

imagine playing golf in those huge expansive areas???

I know this is off-topic and a bit personal, but my mental health is just shit right now. I'm not going to go into details, but my mother is currently in a rehab center due to having a post-surgery stroke and she's been falling into depression. And the rehab facility isn't treated her as well as she should be me. My sister is trying to find a new place to live so she can take care of her mom, but it's been difficult finding an available, affordable place. I don't what to do anymore. I've started drinking because this has been stressful and depressing, and it all started with us catching COVID around Christmas.

Quoted by: em
I know this is off-topic and a bit personal, but my mental health is just shit right now. I'm not going to go into details, but my mother is currently in a rehab center due to having a post-surgery stroke and she's been falling into depression. And the rehab facility isn't treated her as well as she should be me. My sister is trying to find a new place to live so she can take care of her mom, but it's been difficult finding an available, affordable place. I don't what to do anymore. I've started drinking because this has been stressful and depressing, and it all started with us catching COVID around Christmas.

Sorry to hear that. My dad was in a similar situation a few years ago and it was incredibly stressful. You know you’re doing what you can for your family; make sure that you take time to care for yourself as well.

I man, to be fair, Elden Ring is going to be reusing enemies from the Dark Souls games I'm pretty sure. Arlo's review had Dark Souls 2 enemies in it. From Soft, in a lot of ways, is actually the kind of reusing assets. They reuse sound effects even when it doesn't make sense lol (Sekiro having the generic Dark Souls sword clink/clashes/swipes sound effects is so weird lol).
I'm 8 hrs late to this and just catching up but isn't it crazy that Arlo got a review copy of elden ring lol. Last person I would imagine

I’m expecting some type of Future Connected or Torna for Xenoblade 3 so then after that perhaps no more “Xenoblade”. But xeno will continue, tho it is nice to see a vision being completed after prior attempts
I’m pretty sure the whole reason we don’t have a XCX port yet is that they’re still working on the Future Connected/Torna equivalent for the project

What I would like to see in botw2 is meaningful side quests. The main story and dungeons were fine imo. Meaningful side quests can really make a game great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom