• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, I've totally fallen into the warm, cozy, and encircling chasm that is the Apple ecosystem.
And I'm enjoying it all the way.
ha ha u got played

(I type smugly on my iPhone…)

so many of the objections to Apple are easily sidesteppable if you understand the core of the operating systems

they’re still a horrible tech giant doing horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE things — and I’m immensely frustrated that the next wave of shit is rumored to be “AI focused” to keep up with all the other players

(like honestly their reticence about AI and some other arms-race features was something I considered a heavy benefit, not detriment. so RIP i guess)

but there is some joy if you can conveniently circumnavigate things like how fucking brutally expensive their brand new shit is

which is somewhat easier because a) their direct refurb program is actually good, b) their shit generally tends to last more if you’re not being a “gotta get the newest” creep about it, and c) phone bill subsidy shit, which I hate and have always hated, does at least stretch the blow on more mobile-focused shit

anyways I’m certainly not going to say they’re amazing and flawless by any means

but some of the common complaints are a little decontextualized at their own expense

I just tried and failed printing something for half an hour. Now I play some Pokerogue to calm down. I'd rather mess with game RNG than Printer RNG 👀

Syllable Penalty is the next HD2D modern classic from Square Enix

I just tried and failed printing something for half an hour. Now I play some Pokerogue to calm down. I'd rather mess with game RNG than Printer RNG 👀
printers are the original roguelikes

ha ha u got played

(I type smugly on my iPhone…)

so many of the objections to Apple are easily sidesteppable if you understand the core of the operating systems

they’re still a horrible tech giant doing horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE things — and I’m immensely frustrated that the next wave of shit is rumored to be “AI focused” to keep up with all the other players

(like honestly their reticence about AI and some other arms-race features was something I considered a heavy benefit, not detriment. so RIP i guess)

but there is some joy if you can conveniently circumnavigate things like how fucking brutally expensive their brand new shit is

which is somewhat easier because a) their direct refurb program is actually good, b) their shit generally tends to last more if you’re not being a “gotta get the newest” creep about it, and c) phone bill subsidy shit, which I hate and have always hated, does at least stretch the blow on more mobile-focused shit

anyways I’m certainly not going to say they’re amazing and flawless by any means

but some of the common complaints are a little decontextualized at their own expense
I’m not going to put them on a pedestal, none of the big tech corps have my best interests in mind. But I admittedly feel somewhat less bad about it when it’s actually fun and to a certain degree even delightful using their devices. Can’t say I’ve had the same kind of experience with my Android and/or Windows devices lately.

This thread could really stand a @Mr_No_U pun right about now
How about a shitty fun fact

pbDnL2h.jpg

bravely default twitter is still lowkey teasing stuff... one day there will be Something New Bravely (title of the next game)

There's shitposting, and then there's shitposting.

Gaming while taking a shit is really unhealthy, not joking. So is every other activity than shitting or wiping. The strain on your rectum can cause issues like haemorrhoids, fissures and even prolapses if gaming long enough. It's also really not hygienic.

(I feel like I'm a party pooper, pun intended, sorry 😭)
was not planning to engage with this discussion but i would really love some elaboration on this lol
where does the additional rectal strain come from? even if bringing entertainment to the lavatory makes someone spend more time sitting there, i'm unable to conceptualize where this damage is coming from

was not planning to engage with this discussion but i would really love some elaboration on this lol
where does the additional rectal strain come from? even if bringing entertainment to the lavatory makes someone spend more time sitting there, i'm unable to conceptualize where this damage is coming from
It's because of the time spent in a rather unrelaxing way that strains the rectum. Or at least makes the risk higher. Evidence for this is conflicting though, but this article here describes what the problem is: https://www.healthline.com/health/p...e-on-your-anus-and-extra-bacteria-on-yourself

It's all about time. Spent too long on a toilet by, for example reading or gaming, and you might damage your health. And of course it's just not very hygenic.

It's because of the time spent in a rather unrelaxing way that strains the rectum. Or at least makes the risk higher. Evidence for this is conflicting though, but this article here describes what the problem is: https://www.healthline.com/health/p...e-on-your-anus-and-extra-bacteria-on-yourself

It's all about time. Spent too long on a toilet by, for example reading or gaming, and you might damage your health. And of course it's just not very hygenic.
my dude you literally link to a paragraph that explicitly says “there’s no concrete research yet”

again, this wild notion of cause and effect being abstracted is not it, lmao

yeah! not very hygienic

but “doing xyz on the toilet is bad for your health” and obliterating the 4D asterisks that frame this at all that way… it’s a miss!

it’s as though some of us are… talking out of our asses

Last edited:
Praise be to Chappell Roan (not as much praise to the $90 Urban Outfitters exclusive pink vinyl 🙃 Hell I'd be content if it would just be in stock anywhere)

You listen to the album in order, the 1-2-3 punch of Casual to Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl to HOT TO GO! is just immaculate. Don't think anything else has come close hitting me with the strength of a tractor trailer since Weeknd's After Hours going from Blinding Lights to In Your Eyes to Save Your Tears

Also on the subject of vinyl it was far too successful and I got some decent selections both from the list and some regular releases on sale. Shoutout Maggie Rogers with her sophomore album Don't Forget Me that came out a week ago; The Kill (which had a great performance on Colbert) is probably my favourite so far. She also shared a stage with Springsteen and Zach Bryan for the latter's Revival so like...she's got a solid stamp of approval

Oh uh I missed the memo uhhh poopoopeepee butt hole soup amidoingitrite

I asked the world for a shitpost abyss and I got what I deserved

I had a friend who proudly gamed on the toilet and I thought it was strange.

That said, a lot of my best shitposts happen on the toilet at work. I'm a giant hypocrite.

yup, and Bravely Third
At least the Bravely series is alive. Meanwhile, 4 Heroes of Light-fans like will get nothing 😭😭😭

I serioysly hope SE drops their current strategy for some more risk and smaller projects.

At least the Bravely series is alive. Meanwhile, 4 Heroes of Light-fans like will get nothing 😭😭😭

I serioysly hope SE drops their current strategy for some more risk and smaller projects.
There is always Stranger of Paradise

there should be the option to post voice messages on here, think of the possibilites think of the mr_no_u audio posts
I don't want the illusion broken

If he doesn't sound exactly like Mitch Hedberg it'll mess everything up

if @Skittzo doesn’t get his ass in here and change the topic to his updated sales numbers for Monsters of Mican, we’re gonna be stuck in the shitter forever
I don't know what's happening but I do know that there is a shit monster coming to the final content update for Monsters Of Mican sometime in the next few months.

It's called a Dungen Master.

Speaking of Mario Bros movie, I saw that it's in the top 10 movies on Netflix this past week which is pretty impressive since the movie was put on service in December. Whatever you want to say about them, Illumination knows how to make a movie that appeals to a large amount of people, especially their target demographic, kids. It's dumb fun but it is...fun which, strangely, is something I feel Disney has struggled with for a while. A lot of their movies aren't even fun anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom