• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Derachi Godzilla Minus One is perhaps the finest movie I've seen in the past ten, if not fifteen years. It is in contention with Cloud Atlas, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, La La Land, Interstellar, and Parasite.

I damn near choked at the end of the movie as I teared up, and my mind is swirling with theories holy shit

Finally watched the Super Mario movie. Thought it was pretty decent despite at times feeling like it was speed running the plot. Since the characters and world have been established now I'm hopeful the sequel is an improvement.

peaches peaches peaches peaches peaches

Also Godzilla Minus One is only behind Killers of the Flower Moon when it comes to my favorite 2023 movies. But I still need to see Poor Things, Anatomy of a Fall, and The Boy and the Heron.

What is this wizardry? I too need a fan but the wife gets pretty upset in the winter having it on (even though she keeps the house at 64 or lower)
I too like having a fan on and keeping the house at ~63 in the winter. Great for sleeping.

My biggest annoyance with hotel HVAC systems is that a lot of them disable the 'constant fan' option, so you have to live with it kicking on every now and then and having a big noise differential. I have more than once popped the cover off my hotel thermostat and looked up how to change the factory settings so that I can have a nice cold, constant-fan room.

I too like having a fan on and keeping the house at ~63 in the winter. Great for sleeping.

My biggest annoyance with hotel HVAC systems is that a lot of them disable the 'constant fan' option, so you have to live with it kicking on every now and then and having a big noise differential. I have more than once popped the cover off my hotel thermostat and looked up how to change the factory settings so that I can have a nice cold, constant-fan room.
Yes! As a fellow work traveler, the inability to have constant fan kills me. Just let me have the noise please!

So I had gotten down to the point where I only had like 5 or 6 games left in the backlog because I've been burning through them pretty steadily for the last couple years. But then really good sales happened these past few months. So I just counted again, I now have 28.

Please don't hate me if I root for Switch 2 to be delayed. I need the time.

So I had gotten down to the point where I only had like 5 or 6 games left in the backlog because I've been burning through them pretty steadily for the last couple years. But then really good sales happened these past few months. So I just counted again, I now have 28.

Same here. And I still have PS4 games as well

Currently:

Super Mario Wonder (Playing, nearing the end)
Super Mario RPG
Baten Kaitos 1 + 2 HD Remaster
Persona 3 Portable
New Pokémon Snap
Okami HD (Already played the Wii release, still its there)

Soul Hackers II
Resident Evil Village DLC
Persona 4 the Golden
Lost Judgement
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origins
Atalier Ryza 3

Kind of happy there aren’t many games releasing next year I want, ha

its weird seeing the epic free game giveaways and just being like "okay". I don't have a good pc to even play the games but I could just make an account to claim em for later but I don't feel like it. it's weird. free shit that I'm indifferent to.
Been this way for me ever since they started the store. Epic's ploy is too cheap in my eyes.

The trick is to create a Containment Backlog, which is demarcated from the rest of your games. I call mine The Pile of Shame, and it has a separate folder on Switch.

That way my Real But Actually Cheating Backlog is just Baldur's Gate 3, Final Fantasy II through VI, Baten Kaitos 1 and 2, and A Highland Song, instead of like, 40 games.

These days, I don't let myself be held back by the backlog. I just play want I want to and drop what I don't feel like playing. Eaaasy. :D
Same here. I consider my backlog a 'digital pile of love' that is always there to hug me if I need it 🥰🥰🥰

Oh, right, Bayonetta Origins... Another one to add to the pile, sigh.

They should make a game about loading a family vehicle for the holidays. More Unpacking, less Moving Out.

Sorry for the dad posts.

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas, you beautiful people!

a8b7025186dbb1d14b6843ed17c4afc4.jpg

Taking some 5 minute break from the kitchen to wish y'all merry Christmas and/or happy holidays.

And back to the kitchen.

Finally ordered one of those fancy fitness watches. Will be fun to post pics when it gets here

I rolled credits for Persona 5 Tactica's main campaign! Yay! It's fun to kick 'God''s arse again. I made it a point to have ◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎◆︎ land the final blow since that felt more meaningful for the storyline. At the end, the story is fun... kinda? I like the concept but it would have been nice if it can fit nicer into the P5 storyline. Since Persona 5 Strikers is supposed to take place after this. And yes, while I think the art direction makes sense (you get used to it), it would have been nice to see the cinematic bits in the OG art direction. In the end, I think I really enjoyed the game. I do have a bias for strategy/RPG games after all.

Jumping straight into the DLC which feels significantly more difficult than the main story... It's tough going back to having characters being not overleveled, not having good weapons or personas equipped. It's supposed to be significantly shorter than the main story. My only complaint is how it fits into P5 lore. But I'll update the Completed Games thread once I am done with the P5T DLC.

I think that... while I really enjoyed TOTK, my game of the year might actually be P5R. It's not released in 2023 but I played it in 2023! And given how I've indulged myself in the P5 franchise for 2023, Persona 5 is my 'franchise' of the year. I just really enjoyed my time with the Phantom Thieves. Arguably more so than my time with Link.

That said, of the games that were released in 2023 and I managed to play... TOTK is my game (released in 2023) of the year. But story-wise, it is Persona 5 all the way.

I thought we could use some weeby holiday music up in here ❤️

This is mostly for @Brofield but still 😅

I am just reckless enough that if there was actual snow on the ground (and not this rain filling me with climate change-induced dread/anxiety/depression) and an empty parking lot I'd wanna drift and do donuts to this soundtrack

*for legal purposes this is a joke

I am just reckless enough that if there was actual snow on the ground (and not this rain filling me with climate change-induced dread/anxiety/depression) and an empty parking lot I'd wanna drift and do donuts to this soundtrack

*for legal purposes this is a joke
Cop: *pulls you over* Hey bud, wanna tell me why you're driving like this?
Brofield: Someone made McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" actually sound good!!
Cop: .....okay ya know what, I'll just let you off with a warning

Do people really not like that song? I really enjoy it...
It is sort of a running gag online that people don't like it, yeah. I'm not tryina trash the song as much as I am leaning into the meme 😅

(I do really like what they did with the Eurobeat version though)

It is sort of a running gag online that people don't like it, yeah. I'm not tryina trash the song as much as I am leaning into the meme 😅

(I do really like what they did with the Eurobeat version though)
I don't venture outside these walls much so when it was mentioned on a podcast I was truly shocked. I just figured it was universally admired like most McCartney songs!

Happy Holidays!!! Feels good to finally be in the last week or two of the year. Have lots of memories of playing games (especially Christmas presents) nonstop before school break ended. Luckily my line of work gives me the same chance. Gonna be finishing the SMRPG postgame today. Wonder what else can be finished before December 31st...

Gosh, I wish my backlog was only 28 games. 😅

Christmas music as a whole is already not very good, but Wonderful Christmastime is known for being annoying and repetitive for a reason. On the other hand, Lennon's Christmas song is somehow so much worse.

The moral of the story is to just listen to the superior version, Route 216:

I had a big crying spell that ended just now.

It was, err, quite a big one, but it's over now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom