• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@sagadego20 @Derachi I’m very curious to see what that Discotek release is, that they’re teasing to reveal shortly(February release, missed the last Discotek day for licensing reasons). There’s been 4 clues, that seem to boil down to; red suit, power of the sun, psycho killer, and heavy metal/the metal. Which has 2 obvious candidates: Heavy Metal L-Gaim or space sherrif Sharivan. Would be thrilled by L-Gaim(and would be a wild case as it hasn’t gotten a Blu-ray master transfer in Japan yet. Not to mention I don’t think it’s ever had a western physical release or at all. Masters were found at the Tokyo archive recently), but I’d definitely need Sharivan to add to my metal heroes collection. Wonder when it’ll be announced?

gamers gonna game

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

When you find out Alvis’s(Xenoblade) VA voiced a version of Brainiac(Superman villain)…. (An absolutely terrifying rendition too)

@sagadego20 @Derachi I’m very curious to see what that Discotek release is, that they’re teasing to reveal shortly(February release, missed the last Discotek day for licensing reasons). There’s been 4 clues, that seem to boil down to; red suit, power of the sun, psycho killer, and heavy metal/the metal. Which has 2 obvious candidates: Heavy Metal L-Gaim or space sherrif Sharivan. Would be thrilled by L-Gaim(and would be a wild case as it hasn’t gotten a Blu-ray master transfer in Japan yet. Not to mention I don’t think it’s ever had a western physical release or at all. Masters were found at the Tokyo archive recently), but I’d definitely need Sharivan to add to my metal heroes collection. Wonder when it’ll be announced?
I kept thinking it was gonna be Kamen Rider Kabuto but now I’m kinda confident it’s gonna be Sharivan, mainly because I don’t know what an L-Gaim is haha

random 1am thought slash complaint right before i go to bed:

people mispronounce “integral” all the damn time and it really gets on my nerves

random 1am thought slash complaint right before i go to bed:

people mispronounce “integral” all the damn time and it really gets on my nerves
From a math perspective, I heard that word a lot in high school and college and it was always pronounced “IN-tegral”. As in integer, integrate.

I very rarely hear someone pronounce it “in-TEG-ral” when they’re referring to something being incredibly important, but I’ve never been sure if that’s just an uncommon alternate pronunciation, or if it only applies to that definition, or if they’re just wrong.

From a math perspective, I heard that word a lot in high school and college and it was always pronounced “IN-tegral”. As in integer, integrate.

I very rarely hear someone pronounce it “in-TEG-ral” when they’re referring to something being incredibly important, but I’ve never been sure if that’s just an uncommon alternate pronunciation, or if it only applies to that definition, or if they’re just wrong.
I'm the rare weirdo who says "in-TEG-ral," and honestly I can't think of a time I've ever heard it pronounced the other way. Another crack in my worldview.

Good morning all. Where did the snow go?
There’s a new snow button to click. You might have to opt back in, in settings for it to work.

Edit: The snow button should just work now. No more preference setting.

Last edited:
I kinda dabbled in minimalist living but decided I want to be surrounded with cool shit like vinyl, games, books and dvd's. I'm living maximal now lmao

I kept thinking it was gonna be Kamen Rider Kabuto but now I’m kinda confident it’s gonna be Sharivan, mainly because I don’t know what an L-Gaim is haha
One of Tomino’s most popular non-Gundam shows, lead wears a red spacesuit, the mech is solar powered, show’s full title is heavy metal L-Gaim, and they’re a group of crazy rebels the local space governments let run around for their own amusement because they’re that . Opening is great too

Would be wild tho since it doesn’t have a Japanese transfer of the masters to Blu-ray yet.

I am considering maybe turning in my Series S. When Starfield kept crashing, I though it was, like, Bethesda jank or something, but now Alan Wake keeps crashing too. Maybe I have too many games on quick resume? (I don’t know how to turn it off) No idea if that could be a contributing factor.

If Nintendo didn't restrict open world Zelda to one save per user profile, I'd 100% have restarted Tears of the Kingdom yesterday. The urge is strong, but my desire to not be mildly inconvenienced is stronger.

Maybe I have too many games on quick resume? (I don’t know how to turn it off) No idea if that could be a contributing factor.
One would assume / think that MS would make it so that the system automatically handles the maximum amount of games in that frozen state. (And I suspect they do just that, but it might be bugged?)

Also, have you tried this?
I don't have or use an Xbox, so I'm not sure about how helpful this guide might actually be, but it might be worth giving a shot.

I am considering maybe turning in my Series S. When Starfield kept crashing, I though it was, like, Bethesda jank or something, but now Alan Wake keeps crashing too. Maybe I have too many games on quick resume? (I don’t know how to turn it off) No idea if that could be a contributing factor.

From the guide Imitatio posted, this is how I do it, and it works without flaw:
  • During a game, press the Xbox Guide button
  • You should see the game listed underneath "My Games & Apps"
  • Press the Menu button on that game, and you'll be able to select "Quit"
I always quit out of games this way and barely ever used the quick resume function. Boot-ups are rather quick anyway, so I never saw a considerable benefit in using it.

I think Quick Resume just dumps the RAM to the SSD, so it shouldn’t affect performance. It stinks your games keep crashing, though. Maybe a factory reset of the console could help?

Me seeing the left half of this video game box:

IMG-5868.jpg

“Oh good, a Mario game! Boy I sure am glad there’s a game with Mario in it. I hope his SMELLY brother Luigi isn’t in it though. What would be even worse is if he had equal billing to Mario on the box! But I’m pretty sure he’s not, as all I can see on this box right now is Mario. I feel safe in knowing Luigi is not even remotely associated with this video game. Now, to view the right side of the box by way of viewing the box as a whole…”

I'm the rare weirdo who says "in-TEG-ral," and honestly I can't think of a time I've ever heard it pronounced the other way. Another crack in my worldview.
I do hear it that way sometimes! Just not often. It's not a super common word, unless you're doing a lot of calculus. At which point you hear it practically non-stop - so it's kind of burned into my brain.

I left Super Mario RPG up two flights of stairs, so I guess I'm continuing to bum around in Tears of the Kingdom while I decide whether (and how) to start a new save file.

Currently at my second attempt at shiny breeding with Quaxley.

I also had a dratini with my name come back towards me in surprise trade last night lol

the one for end of year pre order correct?

Hm! Have you noticed any rhyme or reason to the crashing? I had like a 20 minute, story-heavy stretch where it crashed almost every time the game would do a video overlay. I did a hard reset on the Series S and it didn't happen again. Was weird for sure.

If Nintendo didn't restrict open world Zelda to one save per user profile, I'd 100% have restarted Tears of the Kingdom yesterday. The urge is strong, but my desire to not be mildly inconvenienced is stronger.
I find it even more baffling that Mario Wonder doesn't have multiple save files.

Struggling to stick with TotK so far, sadly. I'm still on the opening island, but I'm kind of missing the drive I've felt with BotW all the way back then. So far I'm missing the ... feeling of freshness, I suppose. Over 220h of BotW might just do that to you (or me, specifically, lol).
I feel like the tutorial of Tears of the Kingdom is insanely bad, especially after Breath of the Wild's. It still took me a while to get into it after that, but once you get off the tutorial islands it's way better.

Struggling to stick with TotK so far, sadly. I'm still on the opening island, but I'm kind of missing the drive I've felt with BotW all the way back then. So far I'm missing the ... feeling of freshness, I suppose. Over 220h of BotW might just do that to you (or me, specifically, lol).
Yeah I strangely fell out of TotK, too. I explored a decent amount of the world and everything but I kinda got lost in what I had to do. I get that that's part of the game's design but it sort of impacted motivation for me to keep pushing on to an ending I don't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom