• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh, with another code demo out of the way, I guess everything is off the table (other than GBA announcements from earlier this year) until mid January?

One of the merch peeps from Sega has a request for literally every person on earth:

Thought I'd share since Fami has a good contingent of people who like Cute Stuff™

today’s draft is definitely rough, but suspenseful cursed piano is a longtime favorite

Oh wow. Wasn't expecting limited run to ship my copy if castlevania advance collection today. I was expecting to be shipped in February.

Ah yes, one week to go.

One week to go until i finally have 2 weeks of vacation.

And one week to go to enjoy the sidelooks my daughter gives her mother and me because we both still have a cheap advent calendars that has a little piece of chocolate every day.
You're never too old for a little sweet piece every morning.

So, uh, with another code demo out of the way, I guess everything is off the table (other than GBA announcements from earlier this year) until mid January?
There might be another NSO drop for GB or perhaps Mega Drive; the latter hasn't had anything for a while and GB drops have been fairly regular.

As far as news or announcements go, come back in early January.

naw, i appreciate the response!

i actually only asked because i was hoping it was a longer story haha. especially coming off of SMRPG, i wanted something a bit meatier.

i noticed it really does feel like a true journey - picking up friends here and there, experiencing small one-off stories, going places just cause. it’s super fun! DQIX was my first DQ ever and i enjoyed it, but that was like so long ago now that i barely remember it. i think i maybe played about 50hrs on that? would be cool to see them remake that one.

can’t wait for DQXII and (especially) DQIII HD2D!
IX was my first too! And yeah a remake of that would be amazing, maybe now that Level-5 are back they can start talks about that... Yuji Horii did mention a IX remake in an interview once lol

XII will be super exciting because they will somewhat change the battle system and talked about it being darker in tone as well as choices being important. Not something I would usually connect with DQ, but I trust Horii and his people. Also the first new mainline game that will launch simultaneously worldwide!

I recently powered up my N3DS and started playing Dragon Quest IX. The nostalgia feels good!

There might be another NSO drop for GB or perhaps Mega Drive; the latter hasn't had anything for a while and GB drops have been fairly regular.

As far as news or announcements go, come back in early January.
Theres usually a Christmas drop, wouldn’t rule out GBA being in it

One of the merch peeps from Sega has a request for literally every person on earth:

Thought I'd share since Fami has a good contingent of people who like Cute Stuff™

If I didn't already drop an unholy amount on Super Potion labs SSBM drop with the Melee pillow, I might have had some extra cash to grab this 😅 Hopefully it's still in stock for the foreseeable future

today’s draft is definitely rough, but suspenseful cursed piano is a longtime favorite

Cursed piano is absolutely correct. Makes me think of the guardians from BOTW when they first wake up haha

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
[/HIDE]
wait I’ve been here since day one and I don’t have enough messages to see this?! goddammit I’ve gotta shitpost more

fuck up my 3 ratio pretty bad… but I love hidden content…

how heavily did we customize the hide tags here, anyhow? they don’t line up with some of the more popular xenforo plugins I’ve seen

I only ask because uh. when I make sites I’m absolutely the fucker making a hundred custom shortcodes

gotta be real with y’all, every time you talk about backlogs my first assumption is you’re taking a shit

Me looking at the mountain of stuff we have to get done for work before the end of the year

"We're making a pretty good dent, no problem. Lots of time still to go, and-"

coworker points at a calendar

"-what do you mean there's only two weeks left in the year?!?! How is that possible?"

🚬🗿

I wish they let us mirror emojis

edit: he smokes on my keyboard but on here he's getting burned mafia style wtfff
xenforo’s emoji dictatorship comes for us all

IX was my first too! And yeah a remake of that would be amazing, maybe now that Level-5 are back they can start talks about that... Yuji Horii did mention a IX remake in an interview once lol

XII will be super exciting because they will somewhat change the battle system and talked about it being darker in tone as well as choices being important. Not something I would usually connect with DQ, but I trust Horii and his people. Also the first new mainline game that will launch simultaneously worldwide!
oooo interesting to hear, regarding IX remake.

not that i would be super angry, but i'm sure hearing they're "changing the battle system" ruffled some feathers of people upset about SE action-izing every RPG they have lol. i'm sure they'll lean more into that direction. playing DQXI, one of the main things i'd love from a XII is honestly just better traversal and a more modernized world. the amount of invisible walls and odd back-and-forth for plot points feels very PS2-y still.
Might I suggest Xenoblade 3 👀
hrrmmm... don't want to upset any xeno fans, but i just cannot get into the art style of the games. it really keeps me from attempting to play them. i have thought about playing xenoblade DE as the art style is less over-the-top in that, but just haven't gotten around to it. 2 and 3 really seemed to lean into that very, very anime aesthetic that kind of turns me away. (which i was hoping they were peeling away from after seeing how X looked, but alas...)

🚬🗿

I wish they let us mirror emojis

edit: he smokes on my keyboard but on here he's getting burned mafia style wtfff
also cigarette burns fucking suck if anyone was wondering

feels like a relic in the age of vape juice but I had to weigh in as a hot tube classicist

fuck comrades, I’m truly on my bullshit but I’m still five kiloposts from that delectable secret shitpost

I don’t think I can close this gap with tripleposts alone

xenforo’s emoji dictatorship comes for us all
shit with a name like that no wonder xenofans keep winning on here

not that i would be super angry, but i'm sure hearing they're "changing the battle system" ruffled some feathers of people upset about SE action-izing every RPG they have lol. i'm sure they'll lean more into that direction. playing DQXI, one of the main things i'd love from a XII is honestly just better traversal and a more modernized world. the amount of invisible walls and odd back-and-forth for plot points feels very PS2-y still.
I can see that. Regarding the combat: I'm basically fine with it because we've had 10 (not counting X) games with basically the same combat now, trying something new is fine and I trust Horii to not just make it generic action combat. He also said the command system will not disappear completely. I'm very optimistic when it comes to most of my favourite franchises lol They haven't done me wrong yet!

Since you've mentioned invisible walls, they actually wanted to make XI an open world game but changed that because it didn't fit with the narrative in their eyes. Since they want XII to be about choices I wonder if they don't mean dialogue options as much as the choice where to go and what exactly you see (in what order). III is honestly pretty modern open world-like in my opinion, especially for being a Famicom game.

someone should make a ghosts n goblins metroidvania roguelite looterformer

not me though

fuck comrades, I’m truly on my bullshit but I’m still five kiloposts from that delectable secret shitpost

I don’t think I can close this gap with tripleposts alone
It's not a hidden post, it's just a counter that shows you how many posts you have compared to 10,000.

One of the cooler announcements in the last Direct. I’m digging how much DS stuff is appearing on Switch.
DS (and I guess 3DS since it was an extension in a lot of ways) is my favorite Nintendo system. Just a ridiculously varied library. Hope to keep seeing more stuff transition over.

Another Saga game coming to switch next year. I hope for everyone here that your employer values you as much as Square does Kawazu.

Day 252 of me thinking the GTA trailer was just ok. Good, but wasn't impressive.

Imagine putting the GTA trailer over the death of Logan Roy though. Couldn't be me #cantmakeatomlettewithoutbreakingsomegreggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom