• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a coffee or a tea person?
Absolutely coffee. Coffee thermoses were a major collectible in the first game and are now the save points in Alan Wake II. He also drinks coffee in a live action cutscene and you can buy the cup on Remedy’s website lol.

The best coffee thing in Alan Wake II is:

Coffee World, a coffee themed theme park. Best part is:

It’s an actual level you visit lol.

Fami, I'm going to let you in on a little secret

bebendo-caf%C3%A9-tomando-caf%C3%A9.gif

Yesterday I was like: okay, I’ve spent 2.5 full weeks with TotK, writing about it, recording footage and editing said footage for days on end. I’m pretty tired of it.

5 minutes later: Okay but let me boot it up and mess around in the depths for three hours.

I think a few people wanted this artwork?

E: Shame though, i would've liked a version without the game's logo.

Last edited:
I haven't been active this year because my Switch fan finally had enough after TOTK + busy with life but recently I bought this thing and I've been playing Octopath Traveler II a lot (how it wasn't nominated for rpg and soundtrack of the year is crazy to me)

20231214-082858.jpg

The negative is that I can only play docked so it limits my playtime but that's fine. I really need that Switch 2 Nintendo.

Anyway, I hope everyone here is doing fine!

I bought Alan Wake II but haven't played yet. AMA me anything.
Did you get the Epic sale deal?

On Tuesday I bought the first game for $30. Then on Wednesday the sale started. So I refunded the first game, and bought the second game on sale -- $40 -- and used a coupon -- 33% off -- so it cost me $26.80, and during the sale it comes with a free download code for the first game.

All in all, I basically made $3.20 and got the second game for free!

On Tuesday I bought the first game for $30. Then on Wednesday the sale started. So I refunded the first game, and bought the second game on sale -- $40 -- and used a coupon -- 33% off -- so it cost me $26.80, and during the sale it comes with a free download code for the first game.

And they wonder why the store is losing money!!

Ok, I’m feeling salty cause all switch owners got is 15% off(steam got 30%), but thought I’d let you know Gigabash is coming to PS+ and gamepass soon(and it was free on epic till yesterday).
Don’t get me wrong, still planning to get it and wanna support the devs. Just isn’t fun to feel like you got the short end of the stick

Coming in March! Don't sleep on this people, Snowrunner was one of most addictive Switch games I've ever played.

another developr ignoring the Ouya smh my head

Yup I bought it during the Epic sale. Also thanks for reminding me to redeem the AWR code :p

I need to pick up Sea of Stars again. I'm about 10 hours in. I'm off two minds about it. The environments and music are great. Although the main cast is pretty flat, I like the world presented. It's fun to explore. But I don't think I like the combat or to clarify, I like some of the mechanics but I don't like the balance. It feels like I'm always low on MP. Regular enemies hit likes trucks and often there's nothing you can do to save an ally if all the enemies just target that one person, even with blocks. Battles often feel dragged out. I want to use more of the team combos but I always end up using the one combo that heals the entire party. It's just too useful. I'm using the default difficulty settings but I might throw on some of those accessible items just to make the flow of the game feel better.

I need to pick up Sea of Stars again. I'm about 10 hours in. I'm off two minds about it. The environments and music are great. Although the main cast is pretty flat, I like the world presented. It's fun to explore. But I don't think I like the combat or to clarify, I like some of the mechanics but I don't like the balance. It feels like I'm always low on MP. Regular enemies hit likes trucks and often there's nothing you can do to save an ally if all the enemies just target that one person, even with blocks. Battles often feel dragged out. I want to use more of the team combos but I always end up using the one combo that heals the entire party. It's just too useful. I'm using the default difficulty settings but I might throw on some of those accessible items just to make the flow of the game feel better.
I had a hard time with the combat too until I got used to hotswapping party members and using dual techs to really whittle away those elemental blocks. Also you'll eventually get some good recipes so can cook some heal-all-the-party foods and utilize those without using the dual techs to heal. And at some point there's even an accessory that lets you use an item without it using up a turn, which helps a lot with healing.

And I mean, as much as I gush about the game and the combat it did take me a while to get used to it all, but once it clicked it clicked. For the longest time I was mostly playing it like a SMRPG/CT hybrid tryina get as good as I could at timing the attacks and the defends, but getting used to how to tackle those elemental blocks is really key (which again, often takes swapping characters in and out in the middle of battle, which I didn't even know you could do until halfway through).

Hope it clicks for you eventually!!

finally started playing DQXI S on my switch and i am OBSESSED !!

this game is so addicting. when i'm not playing it, i'm thinking about playing it. there are problems i have with the game (traversal feels a little outdated, for instance) but that just makes me more excited for what they can improve with DQXII. also, amazing port i must say - it looks and runs quite great for such a massive game.

and with that, i shall start playing it again.

Everyone STAND BACK, I'm here to show you my enormous Playstation Wrap Up for this YEAR

78Xlznd.png

I built a new gaming PC this year ...
Also I like how I get the urge to finally play Demon's Souls right after this comes out lol

so uh... hmm

I reached a specific point in Indivisible where I had questions, checked a reddit thread for answers, and saw people there saying that's the halfway point of the game.

HowLongToBeat says Indivisible is around a 20 hr game (18 when going for story only and ignoring side stuff). But uh.. I have 20 hours in the game already, according to my save, which doesn't take into account the times I've died and reloaded the save.

So I actually have over 20 hours. In a 20 hour game. And I'm at the halfway point.

Yall I might just be slow as fuck, should I change my avatar?

finally started playing DQXI S on my switch and i am OBSESSED !!

this game is so addicting. when i'm not playing it, i'm thinking about playing it. there are problems i have with the game (traversal feels a little outdated, for instance) but that just makes me more excited for what they can improve with DQXII. also, amazing port i must say - it looks and runs quite great for such a massive game.

and with that, i shall start playing it again.
Yeah they themselves consider XI S a remake of XI, it goes beyond being a port for sure. Have fun on your journey 🫡

Played an hour of Mario RPG, and while the lack of voices or character noises feels slightly odd to me, it's bright and breezy. I have zero strong feelings on the future of Mario RPGs but I do now have very strong feelings on new isometric/top-down games from Nintendo, feelings which say these things should happen (preferably starting with more 2D-style Zelda).

Someone get me the people who run The Game Awards because this zoom presentation is already 15 minutes over it's scheduled end time.

so uh... hmm

I reached a specific point in Indivisible where I had questions, checked a reddit thread for answers, and saw people there saying that's the halfway point of the game.

HowLongToBeat says Indivisible is around a 20 hr game (18 when going for story only and ignoring side stuff). But uh.. I have 20 hours in the game already, according to my save, which doesn't take into account the times I've died and reloaded the save.

So I actually have over 20 hours. In a 20 hour game. And I'm at the halfway point.

Yall I might just be slow as fuck, should I change my avatar?
you have brought shame upon the House of Sonic, I’m afraid

you have my sympathies 😔

I eventually found my way to loving the combat; having to manage MP more closely meant I couldn't just spam techs like I might in FF or even a game like CT. I'm so glad they crafted an identity mostly their own instead of just completely carbon copying Chrono Trigger.

Everyone STAND BACK, I'm here to show you my enormous Playstation Wrap Up for this YEAR

78Xlznd.png

Also I like how I get the urge to finally play Demon's Souls right after this comes out lol
YAKUZA 0 MENTIONED

tumblr_inline_og4o5jEb1g1tmjfiq_500.gif

78Xlznd.png

what trophies can you even get within 1hr of playing FFVIIR? 😭 lmao
Yeah they themselves consider XI S a remake of XI, it goes beyond being a port for sure. Have fun on your journey 🫡
they themselves being SE? interesting.

i mean, i can’t even imagine playing this game without the orchestrated soundtrack. kinda crazy they even released the original with a midi track in the first place?!

i’m guessing you played the game? how long did the main story take you?
Played an hour of Mario RPG, and while the lack of voices or character noises feels slightly odd to me, it's bright and breezy. I have zero strong feelings on the future of Mario RPGs but I do now have very strong feelings on new isometric/top-down games from Nintendo, feelings which say these things should happen (preferably starting with more 2D-style Zelda).
the lack of any sort of character audio is definitely really weird in the game… especially when their mouths move.

i will say though, i was only kind of enjoying it up until after the yoshi island, then it got way more fun and addicting for me. i’m hoping they make a sequel and just go bigger, badder, and better. it could be amazing. (hopefully still with some SE involvement.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom