• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST26 November 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to figure out how to change the time in Pokémon Crystal. It’s complicated and cryptic - almost as if Game Freak didn’t want you to change the time! After several frustrating minutes, I realized I can just change the time on my retro handheld and that gets reflected in Crystal. Convenient!

Also, small Crystal Legacy update: I found a Houndour after Violet City. This game rules. Being able to grind at 4x speed helps a lot, too.
now you have my interest in this so called Crystal Legacy

Hang on if this thread is how Wario erased his moves, will the next one be how Wario got his groove back?

Hadn't done a Good News roundup in a while and I needed a boost:

- The Mosquirix vaccine for malaria has cut deaths among young children by 13% and reduced severe cases by 22% during its four-year pilot rollout to two million kids in three countries.

- In 2023, 88 million fewer people in Africa require interventions against Neglected Tropical Diseases than in 2013.

- Endangered wolves and bears making a comeback in Europe

- In Europe and North America, the incidence Of Dementia has fallen by 13% per decade over the past 25 years

- Asteroid sample returns to Earth in successful mission

- A 'Global Declaration for River Dolphins' has been signed by 11 Asian and South American countries to save the world’s six surviving species of river dolphins from extinction

- "Biggest cervical cancer advance in 20 years"; cheap existing drugs found to cut risk of death or the cancer returning by more than a third.

Last edited:

- The Mosquirix vaccine for malaria has cut deaths among young children by 13% and reduced severe cases by 22% during its four-year pilot rollout to two million kids in three countries.

- In 2023, 88 million fewer people in Africa require interventions against Negelected Tropical Diseases than in 2013.

- In Europe and North America, the incidence Of Dementia has fallen by 13% per decade over the past 25 years

- A 'Global Declaration for River Dolphins' has been signed by 11 Asian and South American countries to save the world’s six surviving species of river dolphins from extinction

- "Biggest cervical cancer advance in 20 years"; cheap existing drugs found to cut risk of death or the cancer returning by more than a third.
ayyyy thanks for this!!

Do some people here play Dreamlight Valley? The only Switch game that my wife plays solo is Animal Crossing and she's a big Disney fan so I thought I could get her the physical release for Christmas, but I'm afraid that it feels too much like a free to play game.

I just spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to figure out how to change the time in Pokémon Crystal. It’s complicated and cryptic - almost as if Game Freak didn’t want you to change the time! After several frustrating minutes, I realized I can just change the time on my retro handheld and that gets reflected in Crystal. Convenient!

Also, small Crystal Legacy update: I found a Houndour after Violet City. This game rules. Being able to grind at 4x speed helps a lot, too.

Are you on the the 1.1 patch? If so, you can just hold down and B on the start screen (before you get to load the game). It will ask you whether you want to reset the time, so you have to confirm and once you load the game you can set it.

now you have my interest in this so called Crystal Legacy
giphy.gif

what do you want to know?

what do you want to know?
I guess my biggest question is Pokemon availability. Are all the Pokemon available in Johto, both gen 1 and 2? And I assume it makes trade evos etc. easily accessible. Everything else I'll probably discover on my own whenever I get unlazy enough to set it up.

I guess my biggest question is Pokemon availability. Are all the Pokemon available in Johto, both gen 1 and 2? And I assume it makes trade evos etc. easily accessible. Everything else I'll probably discover on my own whenever I get unlazy enough to set it up.
You can get all 251 Pokémon by yourself without trading but some Pokémon you won't encounter until Kanto (most notably legendaries). All Gen 2 Pokémon can be found and caught before the E4 though, which means that Larvitar, Houndour, Murkrow etc. were moved to Johto.

You can get all 251 Pokémon by yourself without trading but some Pokémon you won't encounter until Kanto (most notably legendaries). All Gen 2 Pokémon can be found and caught before the E4 though, which means that Larvitar, Houndour, Murkrow etc. were moved to Johto.
Sounds good to me! Will definitely take it for a spin eventually. Any excuse to experience those beautiful Crystal sprites again.

Sounds good to me! Will definitely take it for a spin eventually. Any excuse to experience those beautiful Crystal sprites again.
Ah, another thing: The hack is basically done, it's probably gonna get a few minor patches in the coming months but they're also planning to flesh out Kanto eventually with some "DLC". Save should be compatible but I made a post-E4 backup just in case.

I just remembered from all this Pokemon Crystal talk that this game was actually the first game ever i bought with Euro.

Everything before that was the good old Deutsche Mark.

Ah, another thing: The hack is basically done, it's probably gonna get a few minor patches in the coming months but they're also planning to flesh out Kanto eventually with some "DLC". Save should be compatible but I made a post-E4 backup just in case.
unfortunately, it seems like current saves will not be compatible with the next update

I’m not too bother about it though

This is unrelated to Crystal Legacy and more because I’m playing on a device with fast forward, but fast forward rules. I just did some grinding to get a Bellsprout even with the rest of my team. It needed about ten levels and that took me maybe five minutes, if that.

I just remembered from all this Pokemon Crystal talk that this game was actually the first game ever i bought with Euro.

Everything before that was the good old Deutsche Mark.

Oh wow. Must've probably been the first game my parents bought with euros too (though there was a buffer time between pesetas and € so who knows)

Do some people here play Dreamlight Valley? The only Switch game that my wife plays solo is Animal Crossing and she's a big Disney fan so I thought I could get her the physical release for Christmas, but I'm afraid that it feels too much like a free to play game.
Was curious about this as well, also if the game takes place in real time like Animal Crossing.

I've recently learned the meaning of "seconds".
The term "minute" usually means 1⁄60 of an hour, coming from "a minute division of an hour". The term "second" comes from "the second minute division of an hour", as it is 1⁄60 of a minute, or 1⁄60 of 1⁄60 of an hour. While usually sub-second units are represented with SI prefixes on the second (e.g. milliseconds), this system can be extrapolated further, such that a "Third" would mean 1⁄60 of a second (16.7 milliseconds), and a "Fourth" would mean 1⁄60 of a third (278 microseconds), etc. These units are occasionally used in astronomy to denote angles.
So now instead of asking for 60 frames per second, I may ask for 1 frame per third.

I went straight from Mario Wonder to Spider-Man to Alan Wake II and got 100% in all three. What an absolutely bonkers and overwhelming stretch of amazing games.

While I wait for Like A Dragon Gaiden, my last high priority new game this year, I’m excited to pick up my Final Fantasy Tactics Advance replay and my Magia Record Fan Translation viewing. Wario is also only a day away too and I’ve been quietly excited for that ever since it was announced since Smooth Moves is my favorite WarioWare.

I thought I’d be writing some “it’ll be good to get a relative break” post as the vibes / intensity between the two sets of three games are quite different, but I think this is more of a “video games are amazing” post because I’m really excited to tackle this next set of games basically just as much haha. Daylight Savings Time, the best day for gaming all year, is this weekend too and either FFTA or Magia Record sound very appealing for the extra hour of gaming. Maybe I’ll relax my gaming a bit after LAD Gaiden lol.

How much do you want for telling me the secret of seemingly unlimited time?
I’m not married nor do I have children which helps haha. I did put virtually all of my other hobbies on hold which helped too.

I do know some people with more commitments than me and conquer games even faster. I want to know their secret lol.

I’m not married nor do I have children which helps haha. I did put virtually all of my other hobbies on hold which helped too.

I want my money back, this isn't helpful.

Married with children is literally the one thing i can't leave behind, and what other hobbies?

;]

I do know some people with more commitments than me and conquer games even faster. I want to know their secret lol.
I'm the one who has more commitments than the most (I'm at work 60 hours a week) and I do "conquer" games like they're nothing. Secret? Handhelds. Mostly Switch. 8 hours of ER night shift? That's basically 6 hours of Switch play time for me. Add that 2 hours of commute 6 days of the week and my precious "breakfast gaming", I can easily buy 10+ games for Switch a month to beat every single one of them in the same month.

- In 2023, 88 million fewer people in Africa require interventions against Neglected Tropical Diseases than in 2013.

Yes! The curl-6 good news is back!

Went to a Vinyl Show & Tell at a brewery last night. I brought along a Springsteen bootleg, a friend brought his record of Say Sue Me he bought in Korea, his dad came out with Mott The Hoople, it was all good vibes, good music, and good beers.

@Raccoon I shit you not the first guy up brought out Tatsuro Yamashita's For You on vinyl, shpieled about Citypop for five minutes uninterrupted, and had the DJ queue up Sparkle. If that wasn't you, it still made me think of you lmfao

I'm really considering buying that new SQEX published "indie" game Little Goody Two Shoes.

Couldn't really grasp that game from the official marketing, but i've just read a thread about it while lurking on ERA and the OP of said thread does like a so much better job at selling this game to people, official marketing should be ashamed.

Made me actually change my opinion to "Hey, that actually sounds freaking interesting".

Just seen the latest gameplay for VTMB2, and man how disappointing. It's another fake rpg like Fallout 4.
Almost 20 years for a sequel and it's going to be crap, this is just sad.

My wife woke up at 4 to go buy some Starbucks Stanley cup that’s holiday only. Anyhow, she was successful, but I see they are now reselling for $300. Never in my life would I have thought drinkware scalping would be a thing.
Thought we were talking THE Stanley Cup and got excited. 😵‍💫😵‍💫

My wife woke up at 4 to go buy some Starbucks Stanley cup that’s holiday only. Anyhow, she was successful, but I see they are now reselling for $300. Never in my life would I have thought drinkware scalping would be a thing.
I've begun to lose track of which drinkware is trendy.

The Stanleys leak though so I consider them a downgrade.

my dude you cannot just say the phrase “Stanley Cup” in an international thread without expecting chaos and confusion

Me: “time to take my car to Canadian Tire to get my winter tires put on”

Canadian tire: “bro your transmission fluid is molasses and your brakes are rough

Owning a car be like 💸💸💸💸
that’s my secret, penguin man

I don’t own shit

Me: “time to take my car to Canadian Tire to get my winter tires put on”

Canadian tire: “bro your transmission fluid is molasses and your brakes are rough

Owning a car be like 💸💸💸💸

We have a nice saying in germany: "Auto fängt mit 'Au' an und hört mit 'O' auf".

Translated it would sound like "The word car starts with 'Owww' and ends with 'Oh...'", basically meaning that the german word for car, "Auto", starts and ends with expressions of disappointment and pain. ^^

For whatever it’s worth I’ve had this car for 4 years and this is the first major maintenance I’ve had to get done on it. $600 in four years ain’t bad.

For whatever it’s worth I’ve had this car for 4 years and this is the first major maintenance I’ve had to get done on it. $600 in four years ain’t bad.
Wtf

$600 for transmission fluid change, tires and a brake job sounds cheap

Final (?) Top 5 for 2023
1. TotK (Unfinished)
2. Alan Wake II
3. Baldur’s Gate III (Unfinished)
4. Future Redeemed
5. Labyrinth of Galleria

(Last 3 are in any order really)

Still got Octopath 2 to play though.

Star Ocean 2 and my sexy Zelda and sexy Ganondorf Amiibos should be shipping over the next few days. I'm worried that once Ganondorf gets here, I won't be able to look away.

Anyway I think we can consider gaming a failed industry if they can’t get The Old Gods of Asgard to play at The Game Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom