• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first piece of Christmas candy today, so the holidays must be here. Made the 14 hour trek home with two kids under three with no major incidents. Nary a tear was shed!

Happy holidays to you, Fami! Thanks for putting up with my intermittent ramblings and for keeping me company during some sleepless evenings.

In case yall were wondering, this is how I roll:
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

please stop with the emotional damage
I don't know what to tell you, friend; it felt like a game that was 12 months away. I think it's definitely 2023 though. Let's be clear - I'm not saying new hardware is necessarily late 2023. Even if Pikmin 4 takes advantage of new hardware, the sensible launch combo is Zelda-Mario in May and June.

I've started Pikmin 3 DX tonight and visually it's really interesting. It definitely looks like early HD Nintendo - a lot of the surface textures are still really flat, so it can look quite dated. But the lighting is superb, the character, object, creature and spaceship models are really solid and glossy and, of course, being Nintendo, they've really nailed the sense of perspective, with clever camera angles, environment layout, and foliage. Arguably, in a game like Pikmin, perspective is the most important aspect of the visual design. Looking forward to seeing how this all evolves in Pikmin 4.

I finished replaying Tropical Freeze yesterday and now I’m playing Returns. My god we need a new DK so badly. It’s way too big a series to have Pikmin-tier hiatuses.

Only about 12 years ago. The sequel is due out next year.

Thanks for catching my typo!
ope, no worries! I had only seen the remaster pop up in like October(ish) on the Switch so I had assumed that was what this was about. wild that there’s a sequel!

Hoping to finish tunic at some point soon and start Bayonetta 3 ( been such a long wait for this game but I can wait a little longer). After that I will have to order crisis core Switch version and prob Neir: Automata!

Merry Christmas everyone. It's probably gonna be a long night having to stand some relatives... But it's part of the end of year traditions that makes me dread this time of the year :).
Hope you all get to spend some quality time with your loved ones, and merry holidays for all beliefs and traditions that you hold dear, that all your wishes come true and you have a good meal.

It's fucking cold outside for some reason.

I mean, I get that it's Winter, but still, it felt colder than it ever had been.

(But still no snow...)

Merry Christmas Eve, Fami! I've been quiet for a few days because I've been building my very first computer over the past couple of days!

...it's, uh. Well the computer is turning on, but there's no signal being sent to the monitor. The monitor was tested with another device and it worked fine. So that's not good. Been troubleshooting for most of last night as well as today, and everything I've tried has produced no changes.

So yeah, not exactly the most jolly Christmas this year!

Merry Christmas to all, may you be snug as a bug in your bed with visions of sugarplums dancing in your head

Happy Holidays Fami!

Celebrate like I am by chilling out to some city pop.

I do this all year round

Such a catchy song, and I love how it and the Paradise Killer theme song just take shameless "inspiration" from Sparkle haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom