• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss and I have to do this every year since we have weekly meetings and such that requires one of us to be around (mainly because upper management won’t know what to do). It is irritating having to negotiate your leave months in advance to make sure there is minimal overlap.

Edit: we don’t Pokémon battle, but maybe that’s a good idea.
Yeah, I alwasy propose that the team should work from home those weeks, since those are pretty much dead, but it's always rejected

K so I had never reached the final chapters of Kid Icarus Uprising before and I had no idea you get a mech for the final one, that's awesome! This game just keeps on giving

Also, I fear I'm getting a little addicted to the weapon loot system of the game again... Someone help me avoid trying to clear the challenge boards again!

PT going good. I feel like I'm starting to make good progress on my hand. It's not sure today. Lately I've been hesitant to even start a game but I was given some much needed reassurance and can try to play at 45 minutes and see if the new methods helps

Should I try something more serious then or continue low key ? I've been playing empire at war but I wanna continue resident evil 3, what do you all think?

Should I try something more serious then or continue low key ? I've been playing empire at war but I wanna continue resident evil 3, what do you all think?
I would say keep taking it easy. Don't wanna risk overdoing it and undoing the work you're doing with your PT. Maybe over the next few weeks you can start gradually playing more intense games

WAT

XVqoOvq.gif

With Super Nintendo World going open in America next year, I have a suggestion for the American Universal parks: Open up a Kirby Cafe within the parks. I want a place in the states I can go to eat adorable Kirby themes food and buy Kirby merchandise. I want this so much.

If y'all don't know about the Kirby Cafe, take a looksie here.

Tomorrow I should finally be able to make time to really dig into Tactics Ogre. Haven't managed to put more than 4 hours into it so far. Obligations suck.

On top of that, Pentiment released on Xbox today and I really want to give that a go as well, but my desire to finish TO before FE in January is too strong, so I will probably save it for later.

Edit: Also, since The Roost sees very little travel otherwise, I want to take this opportunity to announce that Fami has a dedicated place to discuss all things 2022 Football World Cup now.

Finally had time to look at the TGA nominees. Damn, I can't believe over 100 media members from all over the world have specifically gone out of their way to heck over me and the games I like. I was sure Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn would finally get nominated this year. 😢

Other than that it's fine, I guess. I've played literally three (3) games that got nominated for anything. I will play more, just not when they're full priced.

What's your Comfy Game of the Year?

Mine has to be either Triangle Strategy or Tactics Ogre: Reborn.
I'm late on this because work has been crazy, getting ready for a trial that didn't happen, and then tons of new cases came in to screen, but I really wanted to answer this one. Mine was TMNT Shredder's Revenge. That took me back to my childhood watching the cartoon after school and playing the arcade game on my NES. So much fun and always a smile on my face while playing it.

Apparently (unconfirmed) that missile might have accidentally landed in Poland. It was a mistake. I hope so, because otherwise Russia is absolutely mental.
Yeah that was my first thought, I think Putin would be couped before Russia willingly gives the order to fire on a NATO country.

PT going good. I feel like I'm starting to make good progress on my hand. It's not sure today. Lately I've been hesitant to even start a game but I was given some much needed reassurance and can try to play at 45 minutes and see if the new methods helps

Glad to hear progress is being made! I'll second the sentiment though that it might be best to keep it lowkey and nothing too intense for now; don't want to undo progress after just two sessions haha.

I'm intentionally ignoring that news about Russia and Poland for my own sanity so instead I'll remark about how cold it's been the past few days and in fact it's snowing outside right now. I don't like snow. Let me enjoy my autumn! Autumn forever, down with winter.

Apparently (unconfirmed) that missile might have accidentally landed in Poland. It was a mistake. I hope so, because otherwise Russia is absolutely mental.
Hopefully it's true and NATO will be smart and don't overreact. And even more hopefully Putin is soon removed from power one way or another.

Just ordered Pokemon Scarlet, haven't really been that hyped for it so the release has really snuck up on me. Feels like it should be longer than just a few days away.

Also have 500 gold points now that I think I'll probably put into Sports Story next month.

I'm intentionally ignoring that news about Russia and Poland for my own sanity so instead I'll remark about how cold it's been the past few days and in fact it's snowing outside right now. I don't like snow. Let me enjoy my autumn! Autumn forever, down with winter.
I love snow and winter, but going from a fairly warm autumn to BOOM suddenly winter temps all week is kind of sudden

Been thinking about the 3DS a lot lately

TBH I think publishers should sell all of their digital 3DS games for like 90% off in the last month of eShop access

Glad to hear progress is being made! I'll second the sentiment though that it might be best to keep it lowkey and nothing too intense for now; don't want to undo progress after just two sessions haha.
So, think I should just stick with things like strategy games, kart racers, plat formers, lego games and what not for now?

I have a new found love for strategy games now, I love empire at war

I think about the 3DS a lot as well. It had a lot of good stuff! And I've still got a pretty decent backlog for it too. I never finished A Link Between Worlds, for example. Or Planet Robobot. And I've got a good dozen or so Game Boy games from the VC to play too!

Been thinking about the 3DS a lot lately

TBH I think publishers should sell all of their digital 3DS games for like 90% off in the last month of eShop access
Capcom had all those publisher sales but not once did they ever put the first monster hundter stories on sale, smh.

I think about the 3DS a lot as well. It had a lot of good stuff! And I've still got a pretty decent backlog for it too. I never finished A Link Between Worlds, for example. Or Planet Robobot. And I've got a good dozen or so Game Boy games from the VC to play too!
I feel like Atlus and Capcom will do another steep sale before all is said and done and so I think I’ll buy up what I can then.

Shame Metal Gear Solid 3D probably won’t be back in time for the eShop closure :(

So, think I should just stick with things like strategy games, kart racers, plat formers, lego games and what not for now?

I have a new found love for strategy games now, I love empire at war
I don't know if you were still looking for some strategy game suggestions, but I wanted to throw a couple your way just in case. These are RTS games, so if you like the more turn based strategy these won't fit that bill. Just an FYI, I'm absolutely terrible at the genre, but there are a few that I've had a blast playing anyway.

The Age of Empires games are great. 2 might be my favorite, but 4 is really good as well.
Age of Mythology is fantastic as well.
If you want to see the beginnings of the genre, Dune 2 is where to start. It's pretty primitive, but it's a great history lesson of where it started.
Command and Conquer is another series that I really like, especially the early titles.
The Total War games are highly regarded, but they are a little too in depth for my brain. Extremely high quality though.
Total Annihilation is great. It's pure chaos and just a ton of fun. It was also the first RTS to use 3D models and structures for everything.
Myth is good one. It was made by Bungie before their Halo days.
Blizzard's craft games are also fantastic, but as you know they aren't the same company now as they were back then, so it's hard to full on recommend them anymore. What happened to Warcraft 3 will forever haunt me.

Sorry if these have been mentioned to you before. I just really like to point out games for people to play that they may not have heard of. There's a lot more out there of course, but I'm a scrub at these games and these are the ones that I've really enjoyed playing.

Well my Siren kit is ready to ship. I’ll wait till Friday to make sure nothing else comes into stock before shipping since I don’t need it till after Thanksgiving anyways

Welp, my AirPods, or the right one anyway, started making an awful low frequency hum when using the noise cancellation. They are as old as can be (gen 1 around launch) and have dropped to the floor a million times, but I don't really feel like buying a new pair. Luckily it is just the noise cancellation, and the sound is alright when I disable it.

Welp, my AirPods, or the right one anyway, started making an awful low frequency hum when using the noise cancellation. They are as old as can be (gen 1 around launch) and have dropped to the floor a million times, but I don't really feel like buying a new pair. Luckily it is just the noise cancellation, and the sound is alright when I disable it.
Ooh I don't know ever since getting some nice noise cancelling Anker headphones I don't think I could go without!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom