• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything I hope SE getting bought out helps intensify Nintendo's current expansion efforts. Not saying acquisitions necessarily, but maybe expanding their existing teams further (than they already plan to) to work on even more projects at the same time. Maybe pick up some talented future ex-SE developers that didn't fancy working for Sony.

Oh, this Sony ❤️ Square Enix rumour again

Call me a worrywart but I actually think it's more likely than we'd like to admit. It would suck for me but I've come to accept that these acquisition wars just lead to me having access to less games overall. Only think I'm hoping for is that Nintendo tries to poach Asano's team.

Yeah the music in Tales has never been Sakuraba's best work to begin with imo, but Arise's felt especially lifeless even compared to other Tales games. A lot of reviews on Arise confused me in general because so many of them praised things that previous Tales games had already done better.
Same. I think it got a lot of benefit of the doubt for finally overhauling the visuals and giving it more of a budget. It does leave me excited for the next Tales game, though, since I feel like now that they have Arise as a baseline they can do a lot more interesting things with a new modern Tales game. Plus Arise seems like it sold well, and we're supposedly getting another remaster or two in between which will be nice.

If anything I hope SE getting bought out helps intensify Nintendo's current expansion efforts. Not saying acquisitions necessarily, but maybe expanding their existing teams further (than they already plan to) to work on even more projects at the same time. Maybe pick up some talented future ex-SE developers that didn't fancy working for Sony.
Oh if that happens, you know Nintendo is gonna poach people.

WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE.

The 1 billion allocation and land bought is for those SE employees
\s

Think I'm gonna start posting some more after this (relatively short) break, albeit less so than I did before.

The excitement around Xeno 3's amazing scores has me somewhat more excited about Nintendo again... though the stress over whether or not I should skip straight to 3, or actually go through with playing 1, 2 and Torna, is definitely a thing. I did boot up 2 and again and the game looks and, without DE's QoL improvement, plays rough. There's also the question of burnout, and the fact that if I play all the games I'll be far outside the zeitgeist. Buuuttt, with how interconnected these games seem to be, I don't want to spoil everything from 1, 2 and Torna by playing 3. So quite the conundrum, and any help here would definitely be appreciated :p

On the personal side of things, the headaches that were causing me so much stress turned out to be... probably eye strain, and definitely not the life-threatening horror disease I was worried about. So that's good lol

Overall I'm just going to try to take the month of August easy; play some games, chill out, and hopefully pass my driving test at the end of it. I think I've been letting the world and my position in life get to me too much, and that's led to me being, and acting, shit. Sorry again to everyone I was shit to before.

Oh if that happens, you know Nintendo is gonna poach people.

WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE.

The 1 billion allocation and land bought is for those SE employees
\s
Sadly most SE workers are localated in Tokyo not Kyoto so most couldn't move to the new building.
There is though a little studio Nintendo has that is Tokyo based that already is full of Square ex-employees named Monolith Soft ;)

Welp, it finally happened yall
There's a massive "DESANTIS 2024" flag flying in my fuckin town.
goddamn this country

They are already investing billions into expanding and have said M&A is an option but not a preference, whatever SE gets bought or not Nintendo will expand a lot in the last couple of years and even buy studios (don't expect some dream acquisitions though they will buy unknow support studio localated in Nintendo basement n4)

I'm mostly a lurker and rarely post but don't quite know where to put my thoughts on this elsewhere.
Dragalia released it's final story update the other day and man what a whammy it was. The game definitely had issues It's a gacha for one. I fell off during covid and from personal stuff. I did spend a lot of time with it and got a ton of enjoyment from it. The art is cute colourful and pops, the music has a massive amount of bangers, and the localization and writing for the characters was packed full of personality. I'd certainly like to see a concise package of it as a musou or it's own stand alone game. More than anything I hope Cygames and Nintendo can work together again for a spiritual successor as a full release JRPG. But man did it go out on a high note. That was a jam packed final with everything I could want. Dragalia may be lost but I'll hold on to my memories.
FYiiu80VUAE-r84
That's awesome you had such a great time with it! It seems like it was actually quite successful, and with any luck they'll keep continuing with it!

Think I'm gonna start posting some more after this (relatively short) break, albeit less so than I did before.

The excitement around Xeno 3's amazing scores has me somewhat more excited about Nintendo again... though the stress over whether or not I should skip straight to 3, or actually go through with playing 1, 2 and Torna, is definitely a thing. I did boot up 2 and again and the game looks and, without DE's QoL improvement, plays rough. There's also the question of burnout, and the fact that if I play all the games I'll be far outside the zeitgeist. Buuuttt, with how interconnected these games seem to be, I don't want to spoil everything from 1, 2 and Torna by playing 3. So quite the conundrum, and any help here would definitely be appreciated :p

On the personal side of things, the headaches that were causing me so much stress turned out to be... probably eye strain, and definitely not the life-threatening horror disease I was worried about. So that's good lol

Overall I'm just going to try to take the month of August easy; play some games, chill out, and hopefully pass my driving test at the end of it. I think I've been letting the world and my position in life get to me too much, and that's led to me being, and acting, shit. Sorry again to everyone I was shit to before.
Health-related anxiety is a curse and can definitely consume you! Glad to see you back though, and your plan for keeping it chill through August and enjoying some games sounds pretty nice to me!

With Xenoblade 3, I just started playing through them in order about a week ago because I had the same conundrum, haha! :ROFLMAO: Taking the long road, haha! Hopefully series diehards will give you some advice there!

Oh, this Sony ❤️ Square Enix rumour again

Call me a worrywart but I actually think it's more likely than we'd like to admit. It would suck for me but I've come to accept that these acquisition wars just lead to me having access to less games overall. Only think I'm hoping for is that Nintendo tries to poach Asano's team.
Actually, it's less likely then everyone think, as others put out, there are some big complications. Like Square not owning some of their biggest IP's 100%, like DQ, KH, Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile. Or Square's other ventures that need to be sold/spunoff before the sale. It's too big of a hassle for Sony to mess with.

Same. I think it got a lot of benefit of the doubt for finally overhauling the visuals and giving it more of a budget. It does leave me excited for the next Tales game, though, since I feel like now that they have Arise as a baseline they can do a lot more interesting things with a new modern Tales game. Plus Arise seems like it sold well, and we're supposedly getting another remaster or two in between which will be nice.
I'm a little less optimistic because I'm worried they'll keep going with the things I liked less (I didn't even finish Arise, I really wasn't enjoying myself), but I'd love to be proven wrong, I guess we'll see when we see! Remasters I'm pretty interested in though, some of the games are really good and not very accessible anymore.

I'm really glad to hear your health worries were probably nothing serious, even if chronic headaches on their own are already no joke. Here's to hoping August treats you well : )

As for XBC, I can't say anything specifically related to the series' contents, but I'll just say - if 3 is as good a game as everyone is excited about, then it's not going to disappear out of the zeitgeist fast enough for you to be unable to take your time on getting to it. I can still understand the whole FOMO thing though.

Actually, it's less likely then everyone think, as others put out, there are some big complications. Like Square not owning some of their biggest IP's 100%, like DQ, KH, Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile. Or Square's other ventures that need to be sold/spunoff before the sale. It's too big of a hassle for Sony to mess with.
Doubt it's going to be much of a deterrent for them.

I'm mostly a lurker and rarely post but don't quite know where to put my thoughts on this elsewhere.
Dragalia released it's final story update the other day and man what a whammy it was. The game definitely had issues It's a gacha for one. I fell off during covid and from personal stuff. I did spend a lot of time with it and got a ton of enjoyment from it. The art is cute colourful and pops, the music has a massive amount of bangers, and the localization and writing for the characters was packed full of personality. I'd certainly like to see a concise package of it as a musou or it's own stand alone game. More than anything I hope Cygames and Nintendo can work together again for a spiritual successor as a full release JRPG. But man did it go out on a high note. That was a jam packed final with everything I could want. Dragalia may be lost but I'll hold on to my memories.
FYiiu80VUAE-r84
I spent a lot of time with this game. I love Cygames/Granblue and was super excited that Cygames and Nintendo were teaming up. I was early in the sub reddit and did breakdowns for the trailer. I did fall off but also went back a couple of times to see how the game changed.

I didn't plan on going back for the ending but seeing all the fan support and hearing that the ending paid off, I'm contemplating going back. The music, the lore was good, and I loved the character designs. I hope Cygames gets the IP and continues it as whatever they want it to be in the future.

I mean if it is a question of Sony really wanting it they can do it so you never know, it will just mean they will not be able to buy any other publisher for a while and they will be overpaying a lot because most SE value comes from parts SIE doesn't care that much.

I just got my Animal Crossing island back after almost a year!

I bought the OLED Model at launch and didn’t realise there was a special way to transfer AC saves. I figured it just restored from the cloud. Since I sold my old Switch, I thought my island was gone for good. My SO and me had spent about 300 hours on it thru lockdown. We had started a new island, but going from scratch again was no fun.

For some reason, maybe something I read here triggered it, I decided to contact Nintendo customer service the other day to see if I could restore it. A couple of quick emails later, and I restored my year-old save data. The save was actually from March 2021, but everything seems to be there.

Nintendo customer service really hasn’t ever disappointed me.

Sadly most SE workers are localated in Tokyo not Kyoto so most couldn't move to the new building.
There is though a little studio Nintendo has that is Tokyo based that already is full of Square ex-employees named Monolith Soft ;)
It would be so bizarre if Sony bought SE and there ends up being a massive talent exodus to MonolithSoft. These rumors are tiring though, especially when so many people are rooting for it to happen. I would hate to see Sony buy out SE because that's the death knell for smaller projects like Team Asano games.

I didn't plan on going back for the ending but seeing all the fan support and hearing that the ending paid off, I'm contemplating going back. The music, the lore was good, and I loved the character designs. I hope Cygames gets the IP and continues it as whatever they want it to be in the future.
I don't see a situation in which Nintendo gives the IP to Cygames just because Nintendo doesn't give out IPs even in cases like W101 they have retained the trademark, they will share it and if Cygames wants to do something with it partner with Nintendo

I mean if it is a question of Sony really wanting it they can do it so you never know, it will just mean they will not be able to buy any other publisher for a while and they will be overpaying a lot because most SE value comes from parts SIE doesn't care that much.
Well that's the worst case scenario, Sony saying "we only care for one thing so we'll let the others rot". A nightmare timeline that's Sony owning Taito and doing absolutely nothing with it. I just can't fathom the death of Bubble Bobble by Sony's hands.

Unless they give incentives to move it would suck, even then no guarantees.

But hey maybe they can use some of the money to buy buildings next to Monolith;)

Well that's the worst case scenario, Sony saying "we only care for one thing so we'll let the others rot". A nightmare timeline that's Sony owning Taito and doing absolutely nothing with it. I just can't fathom the death of Bubble Bobble by Sony's hands.
In Taito case it probably would just run itself seperated from everything Sony related or sold to a 3rd party like Bandai Namco or the company that bought SEGA arcades

over the shoulder third person action game with extremely dull colour palette, three pronged skill tree, crafting system and copious audio logs, where Bob was kidnapped or killed and Bub has to rescue/avenge him

wins 200 goty awards

FYiiu80VUAE-r84
I was wondering about Dragalia Lost a couple days ago and I would be legit excited if they announced an offline version that was adapted for Switch

Hey don't forget Grezzo too, they're in Shibuya.

Talking about Square i hope they soon announce the officiality for Tactics Ogre

I was hoping fo Tactics Remastered but that is probably 2023

what if suswave acquired not being mentally and physically ruined from driving for very long

Welp, it finally happened yall
There's a massive "DESANTIS 2024" flag flying in my fuckin town.
goddamn this country
jIlfaTa.gif

Yikes...

I just got my Animal Crossing island back after almost a year!

I bought the OLED Model at launch and didn’t realise there was a special way to transfer AC saves. I figured it just restored from the cloud. Since I sold my old Switch, I thought my island was gone for good. My SO and me had spent about 300 hours on it thru lockdown. We had started a new island, but going from scratch again was no fun.

For some reason, maybe something I read here triggered it, I decided to contact Nintendo customer service the other day to see if I could restore it. A couple of quick emails later, and I restored my year-old save data. The save was actually from March 2021, but everything seems to be there.

Nintendo customer service really hasn’t ever disappointed me.
This is genuinely awesome man! Congratulations, and really glad you recovered that island!

I guess one way to look at it is if Sony does buy Square unlike Microsoft's acquisitions it would probably make Nintendo leadership freak the fuck out and possibly get more aggressive with their own expansion.

I'm sure there's more than a handful of current Square Enix employees who could be lured away.

I guess one way to look at it is if Sony does buy Square unlike Microsoft's acquisitions it would probably make Nintendo leadership freak the fuck out and possibly get more aggressive with their own expansion.

I'm sure there's more than a handful of current Square Enix employees who could be lured away.
Unless someone touched one of Koei Tecmo and/or Bandai Namco of the publishers dont think Nintendo will care that much outside of taking advantadge of the situation by poaching more employees than already do and help fund startsups either by co-owning them, creating new IPs with them or giving contract work. But this is would be more them having an opportunity and taking advantadge of it than rushing the expansion

If Sony bought Square Enix they'd just tuck everything they can into PS+ Pass, work out deals for stuff they don't own, keep a few A-AA productions while they put the rest on mobile through Aniplex or whatever and focus on AAA and GaaS. Their other ventures aren't going to be an issue for Sony if they really want SE.

If there really were acquisition talks between Sony and Square, Nintendo would have known about it from the beginning. They do work with Square very closely after all. They'd start poaching talent as early as that and not be a part of future projects. Obviously none of those are happening and it's been hinted that there will be more 2DHD projects in the future, presumably exclusive to Switch.
If Sony bought Square Enix they'd just tuck everything they can into PS+ Pass, work out deals for stuff they don't own, keep a few A-AA productions while they put the rest on mobile through Aniplex or whatever and focus on AAA and GaaS. Their other ventures aren't going to be an issue for Sony if they really want SE.
That's literally the unlikeliest outcome. Especially "work out deals" part. I doubt Sony is interested in "working out" with anyone else, especially for some rom dumps on PS+. If Sony doesn't fully own it, then it's dead.

And the other ventures might not be an issue... If Sony shuts them down. And we all know Sony is pretty trigger happy about this.

That's literally the unlikeliest outcome. Especially "work out deals" part. I doubt Sony is interested in "working out" with anyone else, especially for some rom dumps on PS+. If Sony doesn't fully own it, then it's dead.
Yes, you're right. Sony has no problem hashing out deals for games they don't own to appear on their subscription service but they will drop stuff they'd partially own.

Consider the meaning of your words before you post.

Yes, you're right. Sony has no problem hashing out deals for games they don't own to appear on their subscription service but they will drop stuff they'd partially own.

In DQ case there is some truth behind it, SE already has issues releasing old DQ games in consoles or day 1 WW releases due to Horii preferences. Other franchises should be fine though

We have an example this happened in the past. Sony didn't bother to renew the Crash license with Activision and they were unplayable on Vita in North America. It seems working for a co-owned IP is harder than something they don't own at all.

And Square already had every PS1 game on PS1 classics, if they're not on PS+, they will be eventually. They would not complicate things by controlling the one side of some IP's. You'd never know where the other side might end up, especially after such acquisition. I wouldn't count out Armor Project or Tri-Ace getting snatched up after Square is gone.

subway has a long history of acquiring clever startups for their core ideas and patents. the subway you know and love would not be possible without these key players!

an abridged list of those gone but not forgotten:
  • Sandwiches As A Concept LLC
  • Breathing Your Hot Mouth Air on Salami Inc.
  • The Offices of Bread Microwaver & Sons Ltd.
  • Parking Lots That Would Be Too Sad of A Place to Die, Especially If You’re This Baby Bird I Just Found — An SC Johnson Company (Formerly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom