• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
God I can't focus on anything today for more than 3 seconds but I also can't close my eyes... like, I'm not blinking.

What the heck do I have.
mmmmm rabies?

wait no I think Iโ€™m mixing up symptoms yr probably rabies-free

but uh if youโ€™re not, get everyone vaccinated literally this second and / or RIP because that shit is so scary and your window of response is tiny

mmmmm rabies?
I haven't been bitten by any animals ever actually, so I can probably rule that out. It's definitely some kind of virus brought home from the biochem lab preschool but usually colds don't affect me this way. Maybe it's that plus stress from dealing with this nightmare of a puppy.

In one of those lifetime predicaments, as happens. My wife and I are exploring the possibility of returning home after 6 years in the mountains. It is stupid expensive to live out there and we are both teachers, so we are notoriously underpaid. With two kids, the savings account is starting to evaporate.

Pros are proximity to family, lower cost of living, potential to go back to school for a more lucrative career.

Cons are, well, we really donโ€™t want to accidentally stay here for too long and end up stuck like so many others.

Anyways, Iโ€™ll take the Fami version of a โ€œprayer requestโ€, whatever that is. A Booyah Beg?

In one of those lifetime predicaments, as happens. My wife and I are exploring the possibility of returning home after 6 years in the mountains. It is stupid expensive to live out there and we are both teachers, so we are notoriously underpaid. With two kids, the savings account is starting to evaporate.

Pros are proximity to family, lower cost of living, potential to go back to school for a more lucrative career.

Cons are, well, we really donโ€™t want to accidentally stay here for too long and end up stuck like so many others.

Anyways, Iโ€™ll take the Fami version of a โ€œprayer requestโ€, whatever that is. A Booyah Beg?
ZzQcAuw.gif

We manifest good vibes up in this here forum ๐Ÿ™ All the best to whatever decision you and your family does end up making!

I haven't been bitten by any animals ever actually, so I can probably rule that out. It's definitely some kind of virus brought home from the biochem lab preschool but usually colds don't affect me this way. Maybe it's that plus stress from dealing with this nightmare of a puppy.
to be clear what happened there was I was I posted rabies as a joke and then remembered how bad rabies is and also worried that if it was actually somehow rabies I would be a huge jerk for posting that and got super anxious about it all in conjunction

so no worries and feel better soon!

fun anecdote, I may be super paranoid about rabies but that did not stop me from poking a raccoon with a broom last night

not like to be an asshole or anything, but trying to help

one of the lil raccoons that know us behind our building got stuck upside down in a hole in the bottom of the dumpster and needed some repositioning assistance

poor guy was having a bad time, but eventually was able to get out!!

fun anecdote, I may be super paranoid about rabies but that did not stop me from poking a raccoon with a broom last night

one of the lil raccoons that know us behind our building got stuck upside down in a hole in the bottom of the dumpster and needed some repositioning assistance

So sweet of you to help!

But @Raccoon how did you manage to get stuck upside down in a hole??
were you hunting for Pikmin and lost your balance or something?

Square just dumped Neo TWEWY on Steam two days before Persona 5โ€™s PC debut lol. All it needs now is for it to be utterly borked on Deck.

My wife suffers from that, I know it well. Thankfully I do not, unless it's something you can somehow contract in your mid 30's spontaneously.

Were you a terrible student? Did you get Ds and Fs in otherwise easy classes because you don't do homework? Did you drop out of college because you felt depressed and like you were "behind" everyone else mentally? Did teachers call you "smart" and "brilliant" but you didn't believe them because of how hard things were for you? You may have bellydrum disease, aka ADHD

to be clear what happened there was I was I posted rabies as a joke and then remembered how bad rabies is and also worried that if it was actually somehow rabies I would be a huge jerk for posting that and got super anxious about it all in conjunction

so no worries and feel better soon!

Oh hey I actually saw a raccoon last night too when I was out walking around playing Pokemon Go. Looked as spooked as I was when I looked up from my phone and saw a dark shapeless mass move towards a tree to look at me from behind it. I crossed the road, he slinked from away the tree and kept trotting on his merry way.

Stay funky fresh, @Raccoon

@VolcanicDynamo I think you might be pretty happy with the next set of default avatars we're about to put up
Out of mild curiosity, seeing as you've had such fine luck finding high quality official Mario art, have you ever come across this in a higher resolution?

artworks-Rs1mIqyb8WD2iY25-gzafsQ-t500x500.jpg

I saw once that Miyamoto was wearing that on a white t-shirt and damn if I wouldn't pay an obscene amount of money for it, even more so than his Pikmin shirt. Hell if I could even find that as a high quality PNG, I'd pay to have it custom printed onto a shirt myself

Were you a terrible student? Did you get Ds and Fs in otherwise easy classes because you don't do homework? Did you drop out of college because you felt depressed and like you were "behind" everyone else mentally? Did teachers call you "smart" and "brilliant" but you didn't believe them because of how hard things were for you? You may have bellydrum disease, aka ADHD
Warning: this may be seen as bragging but it is not and I am acutely aware of how fortunate I am to be the way that I am and wish it was something I earned or could reach but I was just lucky to be born like this

No. I got almost all As and barely studied, school just came super easy to me. I did my best work under pressure right before the deadline with little preparation. I wish everyone could have whatever my brain had to manage this.

Warning: this may be seen as bragging but it is not and I am acutely aware of how fortunate I am to be the way that I am and wish it was something I earned or could reach but I was just lucky to be born like this

No. I got almost all As and barely studied, school just came super easy to me. I did my best work under pressure right before the deadline with little preparation. I wish everyone could have whatever my brain had to manage this.
That sounds pretty baller. It's funny because I feel like what you're describing should be super easy. You literally just listen to instructions and follow them, and employ a little creativity from time to time. But a big part of ADHD is that the mundane feels impossible.

rabies is absolutely terrifying

if you even suspect you could have been exposed, seek medical attention immediately
Or be like me and get the vaccine series (though you still need to seek medical treatment pretty quick itโ€™s just not as immediate).

I believe they call that bellydrum disease, aka ADHD.
Aw shit I got the bellydrum disease too. Did well in school, though - my issues mostly stemmed from everything outside of school. Discovering bullet Journaling has been a massive help, albeit not a perfect solution.

one day I'll get back to game dev. And reading that pac man book I got for Christmas. and watching more Columbo. ADHD hurts my hobbies a lot...

Being ADHD in this world is the fucking worst and is pretty much the root of most of my struggles in life. In my case itโ€™s particularly severe, with literally crippling executive dysfunction plus complimentary depression and anxiety (which are often present alongside ADHD)โ€”but even so I couldnโ€™t imagine myself not being ADHD, because I wouldnโ€™t be the same person I am without it. And itโ€™s not exactly right to say that itโ€™s ADHD that causes me all these problems, but rather itโ€™s actually the fact that, like other instances of being neurodivergent such as autism, our society just doesnโ€™t care to understand people whose brains are built differently than most, and weโ€™re expected to perform the same tasks as neurotypicals in a world that isnโ€™t built to accommodate us, which obviously presents many problems. Thatโ€™s also why Iโ€™m not a fan of calling it a โ€œdiseaseโ€ (even if in jest) or saying that I โ€œsufferโ€ from it, because it shouldnโ€™t even be seen in that way to begin with and only is due to how our society treats neurodivergent people; weโ€™re not broken, our brains just work differently, and we suffer for it because the the world around us expects us to work the same as everyone else and doesnโ€™t accommodate for us.

this unironically could be related to ADHD but you know your experience best
Hmm yeah I suppose, though I never really had trouble focusing either. I just kinda knew procrastinating wouldn't cause any issues so I just let it happen.

Being ADHD in this world is the fucking worst and is pretty much the root of most of my struggles in life. In my case itโ€™s particularly severe, with literally crippling executive dysfunction plus complimentary depression and anxiety (which are often present alongside ADHD)โ€”but even so I couldnโ€™t imagine myself not being ADHD, because I wouldnโ€™t be the same person I am without it. And itโ€™s not exactly right to say that itโ€™s ADHD that causes me all these problems, but rather itโ€™s actually the fact that, like other instances of being neurodivergent such as autism, our society just doesnโ€™t care to understand people whose brains are built differently than most, and weโ€™re expected to perform the same tasks as neurotypicals in a world that isnโ€™t built to accommodate us, which obviously presents many problems. Thatโ€™s also why Iโ€™m not a fan of calling it a โ€œdiseaseโ€ (even if in jest) or saying that I โ€œsufferโ€ from it, because it shouldnโ€™t even be seen in that way to begin with and only is due to how our society treats neurodivergent people; weโ€™re not broken, our brains just work differently, and we suffer for it because the the world around us expects us to work the same as everyone else and doesnโ€™t accommodate for us.
Preach it! Proper accommodations and support is all we really need to thrive. Wish people understood that more.

What's the opposite of this, where you do really well in school (straight As from 1st grade all the way through college while barely having to study), but then as soon as you enter "the real world" absolutely nothing makes any sense and getting/maintaining employment or a social life is nearly impossible because you can't navigate the politics of it all so you end up unemployed and hermit-like for years at a time while your former teachers and other elders continue telling you "you can do anything because you're sooo smart!" but like the proof is obviously in the pudding and not even good pudding but like the cheap brands like Jell-O or some shit

What's the opposite of this, where you do really well in school (straight As from 1st grade all the way through college while barely having to study), but then as soon as you enter "the real world" absolutely nothing makes any sense and getting/maintaining employment or a social life is nearly impossible because you can't navigate the politics of it all so you end up unemployed and hermit-like for years at a time while your former teachers and other elders continue telling you "you can do anything because you're sooo smart!" but like the proof is obviously in the pudding and not even good pudding but like the cheap brands like Jell-O or some shit
im-in-this-photo-and-i-dont-like-it-1024x579.png

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Sounds a bit like me, yeah. College does nothing to prepare you for the real world.

Sounds a bit like me, yeah. College does nothing to prepare you for the real world.
The only thing I managed to take into real life with me after eight damn years of college was when the class was once told "If you have several options to present to a client, remove the one you like the least. Because if you don't, that's the one they'll pick."

It's a weird rule but it's been so consistently true in my professional experience that it cracks me up.

I'm always tempted to say college is a farce because of how badly it prepares us for the real world but I'm starting to think maybe college is legit and it's actually the real world that's the farce.

The only thing I managed to take into real life with me after eight damn years of college was when the class was once told "If you have several options to present to a client, remove the one you like the least. Because if you don't, that's the one they'll pick."

It's a weird rule but it's been so consistently true in my professional experience that it cracks me up.

I'm always tempted to say college is a farce because of how badly it prepares us for the real world but I'm starting to think maybe college is legit and it's actually the real world that's the farce.
I think most companies kinda understand that all a college degree shows them is that you're capable of learning something and doing decently enough on evaluations of what you've learned. I've taken very little of my degree into the real world besides the knowledge that nanotechnology is kick-ass.

I've taken very little of my degree into the real world besides the knowledge that nanotechnology is kick-ass.
Well hell, I got that just from watching the last two Avengers movies.
I'm kidding, holy shit do you actually work in nanotech?

Well hell, I got that just from watching the last two Avengers movies.
I'm kidding, holy shit do you actually work in nanotech?
Not really, but the intro to nanotechnology class I took in freshman year is what got me interested in my final degree choice, and I was leaning nano stuff all 4 years.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

It's the Super Mario (Series) category. I'll be uploading more throughout the day. Thanks to @Emily (aka Cat Bowser!!) for getting a hold of such high-quality assets.
These are so good omg
I love that artstyle

Also I see you fiddling with the post formatting, belly.
Whatcha up to, dude?

Finished Jedi: Fallen Order. Great Star Wars story. I look forward to seeing these characters return. Final boss gave me a hand cramp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom