• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a dude who's entire face is just skin. From behind it looks like a normal guy in jeans (which would be out of place in a semi-medieval? WRPG) but when you walk in front of him it's just skin all the way around. Doesn't look as creepy as I was hoping for.
To all 9 of you currently using Bisexual Lighting Mode, I've softened the colors a bit to make it less... garish
That's much better. Still changing back to dark mode in a minute, can't improve upon perfection.

I was at Nsider. Mostly in the Virtual Console board. Those of us stranded to the wind opened Nsider2 but the mods became power hungry and a lot of us abandoned it as a result. A lot of us VC members started a chat room and then their was a fissure among our group. Think it was the one who turned out to be a MAGAt who did it. Because when I went back he was in charge and soooo many left. I know they all went to a new chat on Discord but oh well. I left the chat because of a disagreement with them. Sucked because we all talked about having a meet up somewhere but it never went anywhere. Didn't help that our Papa Smurf left the group and left us leaderless. Lol only slightly joking about the Papa Smurf cult stuff.

I made a dude who's entire face is just skin. From behind it looks like a normal guy in jeans (which would be out of place in a semi-medieval? WRPG) but when you walk in front of him it's just skin all the way around. Doesn't look as creepy as I was hoping for.

That's much better. Still changing back to dark mode in a minute, can't improve upon perfection.
I read that as met a dude who's face is just skin and I got scared for a second lol.

True, even Bayonetta is tied up with Sega.

But buying Platinum could be the start of Nintendo actually recognising that Osaka exists and they can have a game development presence there.
Nintendo should just buy Bayonetta then let Kamiya and his Platinum peeps go wild with the series.
When this site was first created, some of the administrators wanted this place to become a spiritual successor to Nintendo's old NSider boards. They were the most popular Nintendo forum in the 1990s/2000s. It'll be cool to see Famiboards moving away from ResetEra/NeoGaf and pushing more into that direction.
Sounds great! It'll be exciting seeing this board move away from its past and continue to create it's own identity.

When I was a little kid I was terrified of “faceless people”. I think there was a GI Joe episode where the bad guys were removing peoples faces and it was just bare skin. Had nightmares about it.

Oh god where has designing a haunted house and haunted house creatures been all my life, this is so fun
this is why you have to follow your dreams!!

I’m sad to say there isn’t a designated extra-spooky section in Grögol Bonanza

all I have on the spooky front is:
  • forest where time isn’t right
  • island that doesn’t want to be found
  • bad vibe wet hole
  • faux-friendly hostility village
  • Gröglord made of bugs
  • 20+ Chaos Grögols
  • multiple municipal skulls
  • underground cult, the Thousand Eyeless
  • vamptomb funhouse
  • mafia circus
  • Gröglord that threatens to put you in the ground and keeps her promise (may or may not lead mafia circus)
  • game has average number of arms in it, which is concerning because overworld characters do not have arms and neither do most Grögols
  • the extremely hidden fourth spire
  • “postgame” area the size of the entire “game” where the vibes are definitely, completely not right
…oh

hmm

I really wasn’t doing this for the bit, I legit started typing this post thinking “oh damn I didn’t put a spooky area in the game!”

this is why you have to follow your dreams!!

I’m sad to say there isn’t a designated extra-spooky section in Grögol Bonanza

all I have on the spooky front is:
  • forest where time isn’t right
  • island that doesn’t want to be found
  • bad vibe wet hole
  • faux-friendly hostility village
  • Gröglord made of bugs
  • 20+ Chaos Grögols
  • multiple municipal skulls
  • underground cult, the Thousand Eyeless
  • vamptomb funhouse
  • mafia circus
  • Gröglord that threatens to put you in the ground and keeps her promise (may or may not lead mafia circus)
  • game has average number of arms in it, which is concerning because overworld characters do not have arms and neither do most Grögols
  • the extremely hidden fourth spire
  • “postgame” area the size of the entire “game” where the vibes are definitely, completely not right
…oh

hmm

I really wasn’t doing this for the bit, I legit started typing this post thinking “oh damn I didn’t put a spooky area in the game!”
Since you're doing a game with a defined character model you should make a room with a creepy mirror that has other characters in the reflection who pop out or something.

That's my dream, but it doesn't work with first person blobbers...

Nintendo of America Treehouse employees were moderators at the old N-Sider boards. Imagine getting banned by a Treehouse employee? lol
idm7R7e.gif

Don’t forget the mushroom kingdom sexual orientation/toad enslavement discussion!
Oh right!!! And I also forgot, Grögol Bonanza finally running on Switch!!

interrupting my holidays for a little bit to show this to @chocolate_supra

This...

This is incredible

unrelated (related) but Nope is actually one of the best movies full stop
I really really really dug it

Since you're doing a game with a defined character model you should make a room with a creepy mirror that has other characters in the reflection who pop out or something.

That's my dream, but it doesn't work with first person blobbers...
funny story, I have the opposite

a room with a mirror in it, and a character that begins to appear in the room…

but not in the mirror

so with sparks of hope coming out, there’s one question on my mind…

Lumas are the Silent Jury on the Trial of Mankind, but are sparks?

What y'all playin tonite

I'm gonna finish my annual run of Dread
Annual? Those are rookie numbers you've got to pump them up. I've played Dread 3 times this year. (Mostly joking, I'm sure someone on here has played it more than 3 times a year.)

What y'all playin tonite

I'm gonna finish my annual run of Dread
Kamiwaza The Way of the Thief and I absolutely recommend it. Shit's hilarious, the game is a parody done right. Shame on... {checks notes} Bam! Entertainment? (who the hell are they) for not localizing the game back then.

I'm finally done with work and mod stuff for the day so I'm playing Touhou Mystia's Izakaya again because that and Railgrade have taken over my PC and Switch time respectively.

Mystia's Izakaya makes me feel like I'm gently polishing my brain into a smooth smooth orb it's a great game.

When I was a little kid I was terrified of “faceless people”. I think there was a GI Joe episode where the bad guys were removing peoples faces and it was just bare skin. Had nightmares about it.
Then don't click this spoiler.

Like, seriously. Don't. It has a picture of the faceless guy I made. Who inexplicably has anime hair. Plus a creepy picture in the background too.

KdolSTx.png

When this site was first created, some of the administrators wanted this place to become a spiritual successor to Nintendo's old NSider boards. They were the most popular Nintendo forum in the 1990s/2000s.
u6YiuVu.jpg

Wow that brings back some early college memories

What y'all playin tonite
Bayonetta 2... second chapter I think? Although my back hurts just walking her strut around 😬

So the big question is when is the next Nintendo Direct? Will it be a game specific direct for announced games or the big January/ February General Direct?
Indie World should be next. This month is looking very unlikely now unless it is announced tomorrow. I think it’s pretty safe to say now they are shifting to two a year instead of three which is probably for the best since the games featured have been farther and farther out.

Hey Fami! Just hopping on to let you all know that upcoming Nintendo song is coming along nicely. Got a lot of work on it done this week, and I really hope you all like it.

Aiming for a music video and streaming service release in February 2023… this one’s for you, Fami ;)

Just had Splatoon 3 crash completely, after yet another 'communication error' while waiting for a match. Hrrm.

Solo is still a very fun movie. I’ll never really understand how it killed Star Wars theatrical momentum. But it’s also the only theatrical Star Wars release in my lifetime that I didn’t see in theaters (apart from rereleases and Clone Wars)

I liked that movie. You’ll never believe he is Han Solo, but it was a fun film. While two a year would have been a bit much, I still think one film a year would have been fun even with Disney+ making Star Wars and Marvel feel like homework. Give people regular new adventures to be excited about. (It was awkwardly teased, but I would have liked to see more Darth Maul at least in Solo 2)
And this is what ultimately killed the film. Every 10-15 minutes the film had to remind you this is supposed to be young Han Solo and it completely sucked me out of the film. Cut all the dumb scenes of how Han got literally every part of his ICONIC(tm) character, and make this the story of young Dash Rendar or new character Smuggler McSmuggle and the film is far better received.

Maybe I need to go to bed before waking up in five and a half hours for my flight but I keep reading it as Bisexual Fighting Mode and now I want a sexy Fight Club remake that really leans into the queer subtext.

Maybe I need to go to bed before waking up in five and a half hours for my flight but I keep reading it as Bisexual Fighting Mode and now I want a sexy Fight Club remake that really leans into the queer subtext.
I always wanted a Fight Club remake that confirms all the fan speculation about it being a Calvin and Hobbes sequel but your idea sounds less offensive, actually

I always wanted a Fight Club remake that confirms all the fan speculation about it being a Calvin and Hobbes sequel but your idea sounds less offensive, actually
...you got a link for this C&H sequel theory? Because this is the first I've heard of it and I want to see how true it is haha

And this is what ultimately killed the film. Every 10-15 minutes the film had to remind you this is supposed to be young Han Solo and it completely sucked me out of the film. Cut all the dumb scenes of how Han got literally every part of his ICONIC(tm) character, and make this the story of young Dash Rendar or new character Smuggler McSmuggle and the film is far better received.
I call it the Han Solo checklist movie. Still fun on its own terms though.

They should just focus on new characters, but wanted to add if they did want to revisit old ones I think new casting (though poor here with the lead himself) is the way to go. I really don’t like all the digital recreation stuff from Luke to more recently Vader’s voice moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom