• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dj-khaled-another-one.gif

I'm legit super excited for S/V. Then again I enjoyed my time with Sw/Sh a ton (it's my most played Pokemon gen aside from gen 1), so what do I know.

Earlier I was reminiscing about the Chuck Testa meme from a little while back...

....and by "a little while back" I actually mean 11 years ago
The immaculate timing of TF2 really hitting it's stride with meme content in 2010 followed by Chuck Testa means that one or the other inevitably comes down to this clip laying on top of my retinas whenever I close my eyes

I'm legit super excited for S/V. Then again I enjoyed my time with Sw/Sh a ton (it's my most played Pokemon gen aside from gen 1), so what do I know.
Honestly after being a little underwhelmed from my brief experience with Shield (and BD), I'm rather stoked for SV, and yet trying to convince some friends to pick up the same when they haven't played anything since B2W2 seems like an almost herculean effort lol

Probably unpopular but I got a Gamestop pro membership and dang, after trading in just SMT V, I got the membership, Nier, and Rabbids preorder all for $57. And a $10 gift cert. Didn't expect that but after doing the math was like eh, why not

Oh my fucking god EPCOT has a ton of Nintendo merch. Including the Zelda encyclopedia and manga and Kirby shirts. Must.... resist....
I see you stumbled upon the Japan pavilion 😂

EDIT: How many trailers are TPC going to put out before launch at this rate?!

Oh my fucking god EPCOT has a ton of Nintendo merch. Including the Zelda encyclopedia and manga and Kirby shirts. Must.... resist....
Yes...Epcot's Japan store is one of my favorites for this reason. Used to be a go-to spot for JP Pokémon plushes for me before the Nintendo store opened. Now they're merch line has expanded. When I last went to Disney, I mostly just got neat Nintendo souvenirs!

At Epcot, the China section has a panoramic movie about China as its attraction. While you wait for the next showing, you can walk around a mini museum filled with Chinese artifacts. Epcot also hires people from the respective countries to work at the different sections so of course we had a Chinese woman as the attendant to organize when can enter the theater. When the previous viewing ended, the woman steps into the museum and shouts "The next viewing is starting soon. If you're not in the next few seconds, you to wait for the next showing. 3...2...1!" She then ropes off the entrance to the museum. Thankfully my friend and I hurried over in time. As someone with a Chinese mother, I was amazed at how authentic Epcot captured the Chinese experience.

Two more things that I’ll recommend in the Japan pavilion at EPCOT if you have time @Magic-Man :

1. Check out the little museum exhibit in the back of the pavilion. Last time I was there it was either about “kawaii” or Japanese folklore representation in mainstream media (or both?). Fun exhibit and it won’t take a lot of time to go through the room.
  2. If you’ve got a couple of minutes and a few bucks the shaved ice hut near the temple is a good place to cool off and people watch. It’s one of the best low-key vendors at the park.

Seeing “save fall guys” trending sand the reasons why makes me sad to see the current state of the game, the bugs, missing shows from rounds, and overall a mess with the devs not listening to the community. I genuinely liked what I played for a while but the community isn’t happy right now and there is a movement going on

Wonder when I get back on switch if I should move onto fortnite and splatoon, at least those devs listen it seems

Shit. Angela Lansbury died. Gonna need to binge “Murder She Wrote” tonight.
Wow, I actually looked her up last week because I thought she had died already. RIP man, she is a legend and a very VERY good human being.

Seeing “save fall guys” trending sand the reasons why makes me sad to see the current state of the game, the bugs, missing shows from rounds, and overall a mess with the devs not listening to the community. I genuinely liked what I played for a while but the community isn’t happy right now and there is a movement going on

Wonder when I get back on switch if I should move onto fortnite and splatoon, at least those devs listen it seems
Damn, just looked it up too and that is rather disheartening to read about. I haven't logged in for a hot minute myself, but while I still want to get back to it some day, I'm guessing it's starting to fall back into old habits that caused it to stagnate when it was a $20 purchase

Solo is still a very fun movie. I’ll never really understand how it killed Star Wars theatrical momentum. But it’s also the only theatrical Star Wars release in my lifetime that I didn’t see in theaters (apart from rereleases and Clone Wars)

Famiboards will be going through some tiny changes soon. There are still bugs that need to be ironed out, but I'm excited about the potential of a new forum add-on. It allows the site to expand and grow without splitting/dividing the community's activity. Things will open up more for specific gaming subcommunities. Should be interesting.

I'm going back through my old posts where I was poyo'ing in Kirby Pink and I gotta admit it looks really good in bisexual lighting mode

The first episode of Chainsaw man came out. I've read the manga so I was wondering how it was gonna be adapted. I love MAPPA, Ushio to Tora super underrated, so I was pumped. While I loved the episode, when comparing their recent work, Jujutsu Kaisen and AoT, something felt off. My guess would be the color pallet, granted it was the first episode, idk. I don't like to complain about small stuff, however I am super excited for the series and I know it gonna be the next hot thing.

Famiboards will be going through some tiny changes soon. There are still bugs that need to be ironed out, but I'm excited about the potential of a new forum add-on. It allows the site to expand and grow without splitting/dividing the community's activity. Things will open up more for specific gaming subcommunities. Should be interesting.

Famiboards + Expansion Pack

$50 per month

Very excited to see the coming update! I think Famiboards has a great base - seeing it grow will be exciting!

I know Angela Lansbury walked back her statement later but I still don't like her comment about how attractive women share some blame in sexual assault and harassment.

Edit: not to speak ill of the dead or anything. I still loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Very excited to see the coming update! I think Famiboards has a great base - seeing it grow will be exciting!

When this site was first created, some of the administrators wanted this place to become a spiritual successor to Nintendo's old NSider boards. They were the most popular Nintendo forum in the 1990s/2000s. It'll be cool to see Famiboards moving away from ResetEra/NeoGaf and pushing more into that direction.

When this site was first created, some of the administrators wanted this place to become a spiritual successor to Nintendo's old NSider boards from the 1990s/2000s. It'll be cool to see Famiboards moving away from ResetEra/NeoGaf and pushing more into that direction.
Sadly I was not on N-Sider so I'm not sure what you mean but you mentioned the 1990s so I'm in. 👍

also I'm looking forward to seeing what you mean

When this site was first created, some of the administrators wanted this place to become a spiritual successor to Nintendo's old NSider boards. They were the most popular Nintendo forum in the 1990s/2000s. It'll be cool to see Famiboards moving away from ResetEra/NeoGaf and pushing more into that direction.
I'm liking the sound of that. It may have started from NeoGAF and ResetEra, but Famiboards warrants its own identity. One rooted in a classic Nintendo forum feels extremely fitting.

Solo is still a very fun movie. I’ll never really understand how it killed Star Wars theatrical momentum. But it’s also the only theatrical Star Wars release in my lifetime that I didn’t see in theaters (apart from rereleases and Clone Wars)
I liked that movie. You’ll never believe he is Han Solo, but it was a fun film. While two a year would have been a bit much, I still think one film a year would have been fun even with Disney+ making Star Wars and Marvel feel like homework. Give people regular new adventures to be excited about. (It was awkwardly teased, but I would have liked to see more Darth Maul at least in Solo 2)

Sadly I was not on N-Sider so I'm not sure what you mean but you mentioned the 1990s so I'm in. 👍

also I'm looking forward to seeing what you mean
I'm liking the sound of that. It may have started from NeoGAF and ResetEra, but Famiboards warrants its own identity. One rooted in a classic Nintendo forum feels extremely fitting.

Nintendo of America Treehouse employees were moderators at the old N-Sider boards. Imagine getting banned by a Treehouse employee? lol

Sad news: Rusty's Real Deals board will be retired this month. But when one door closes, another opens.

Nintendo of America Treehouse employees were moderators at the old N-Sider boards. Imagine getting banned by a Treehouse employee? lol

Sad news: Rusty's Real Deals board will be retired this month. But when one door closes, another opens.
Probably the right play - the board wasn't used all that much. Almost sounds like something that would be better as an automated thing, a Wario 64 esque auto thread sorta set up. Either way, excited to see what's coming up!
To all 9 of you currently using Bisexual Lighting Mode, I've softened the colors a bit to make it less... garish
The edits are quite pleasing to the eyes. I approve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom