• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sucker-mr-snake.gif
I can't even see you behind that Steam Deck

Metroid Prime HD remaster Twitter drop today?

Also Famiboards is really pushing the Queen's Blade ads which are borderline NSFW lol
Yeah I have no idea what that even is (I'm actually being honest here, I assume it's some gacha mobile game?) but I'm seeing a ton of ads for it too.

Hmmmm...Xbox Series S for $250 and a free controller at Target starting on the 6th. Getting tempted....
Yeah, it's a crazy deal. I posted a thread for it in the deals board. https://famiboards.com/threads/us-xbox-series-s-w-free-controller-250-at-target-oct-6-8.3983/

I'm seriously tempted. I've been waiting for FFXIII to come to Switch (or PlayStation) for so long, but the entire trilogy is just... right there on the Xbox store. I think I might jump on it, honestly. I just hope my wife doesn't murder me when she finds out I bought another console!

Hmmmm...Xbox Series S for $250 and a free controller at Target starting on the 6th. Getting tempted....
@Red Monster
Go for it! That's a incredible deal. For me personally generational leaps in graphics have been increasingly less noticeable so I don't think I'd have gotten much more out of Series X than my Series S. I got it as a Christmas gift from my spouse and I was really surprised because I didn't even know it was on her radar since it was only a little bit on mine.

Game Pass is such an amazing bargain though. It's crazy. Like if you check out the GP list and see a bunch of games you'd gladly try it's going to be an incredible value to get the system and then one of those GP deals (like the convert Gold to GP that I think still works). Even at full price GP is an incredible value.

I also love the compact size of the system. It's genuinely cute! It's even tinier than I expected and we take it on trips alongside the Switch.

One of the things I love about Game Pass is that it gets me to try games outside my comfort zone. I haven't previously been interested in deck-building roguelites but I'm completely obsessed with Dicey Dungeons right now.

Ya homeboy is 31 today, and Imma get me an apple pie milkshake today!

Happy Birthday to me, Amazon canceled my order of Bayonetta 1 physical 😭
Happy birthday fellow October Fourther, while Amazon sucks donkey dick I hope you have a much better start to the day and can be blessed by the good fortunes of nowinstock.net or similar sites to check for restock of pre-orders before release ❤️

Metroid Prime HD remaster Twitter drop today?

Also Famiboards is really pushing the Queen's Blade ads which are borderline NSFW lol

Yeah I have no idea what that even is (I'm actually being honest here, I assume it's some gacha mobile game?) but I'm seeing a ton of ads for it too.

Hey, if you could, please drop a site ticket about those! If ads ever make you uncomfortable, the admins might be able to do something about it.

If I had a Tik Tok, I would make a skit about a Steam Deck user announcing that they have a Steam Deck but in increasingly more inappropriate times and occasions.

Hey, if you could, please drop a site ticket about those! If ads ever make you uncomfortable, the admins might be able to do something about it.
Next time I see it I'll take a screenshot and do a ticket, thanks.

Is dabbing still hip with the young things? If I were to dab, would everyone think I'm very cool, which I am?

I wish you a very Custom Robo birthday!
Y'all gonna make me misty eyed 🥹

Happy birthday! I swear that at least two Fami members are having it at the same day.
Ahaha, thank you! I always remember some strange statistic that in a group of 30 or 50 people, there are actually good odds that at least two people will share a birthday on the same day. Just weird how it works out like that

Happy birthday! Where can I get an apple pie milkshake that sounds amazing
Right in Toronto, Lakeview Restaurant, and endorsed no less by a man who knows his food

Ahaha, thank you! I always remember some strange statistic that in a group of 30 or 50 people, there are actually good odds that at least two people will share a birthday on the same day. Just weird how it works out like that
Happy birthday! And to @BassForever as well! o/

And yep, the birthday paradox is that if you have at least 23 people in a room, you have around a 50% chance that two of them share a birthday. You hit 99% chance somewhere around 50-60 people. It sounds completely absurd but the math behind it makes a lot of sense once you see how it's laid out (though it treats every birthday as equally likely, which is a bit of a simplification).

Been very Zelda heavy these past few days. Progressed in new BotW playthrough (time for Master Trials!) and the Link's Awakening Switch playthrough, and also started a Majora's Mask 3D file.

Link's Awakening is .. so DANG good?! Not only super good looking and polished. They really went the extra mile with it. But it's also different, different enough to make it stand apart from the OG. It doesn't render the OG obsolete. I kinda like those remakes, that sets themselves apart, and allows the OG to exist on its own premises.

I love how good the dungeons are. My favourite part of the game is getting the key for the Face Shrine, and seeing the stone carving with the truth of the Wind Fish. When you come to the Face Shrine, then, everything is all moody and oppressive in terms of dungeon atmosphere. As if the truth dawning on Link is reflected in the level design. Such a great game.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to see it finally. Either it's cool or it's awful, either way should be fun.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to see it finally. Either it's cool or it's awful, either way should be fun.

I stan the 1993 movie for how bad it is, if this is even just a little bit close to the Sonic or Detective Pikachu movies in terms of quality i'm going to celebrate it.

We live in a world where separate Treehouse presentations, dedicated game Directs and other dedicated Directs are announced more in advance than the normal General Directs (which are now only 24hour notice).

Been very Zelda heavy these past few days. Progressed in new BotW playthrough (time for Master Trials!) and the Link's Awakening Switch playthrough, and also started a Majora's Mask 3D file.

Link's Awakening is .. so DANG good?! Not only super good looking and polished. They really went the extra mile with it. But it's also different, different enough to make it stand apart from the OG. It doesn't render the OG obsolete. I kinda like those remakes, that sets themselves apart, and allows the OG to exist on its own premises.

I love how good the dungeons are. My favourite part of the game is getting the key for the Face Shrine, and seeing the stone carving with the truth of the Wind Fish. When you come to the Face Shrine, then, everything is all moody and oppressive in terms of dungeon atmosphere. As if the truth dawning on Link is reflected in the level design. Such a great game.
It's my favourite Zelda and I love the remake of it. Superb visual style, wonderful music and sound design (all the little sounds Link makes, as well as the world generally). I'd love Zelda animation in the style of the opening cutscene...

What's even more impressive is how closely it follows the design of the original. Really shows what a tightly designed game it was, back on the original GameBoy.

How long before "Would you play the next 3D Super Mario if it had the same visual style as the movie?"

Meanwhile, at Nintendo, Super Mario Movie: The Videogame nears completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom