• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that friend me

Oh wait no, I'd be you, and you'd be the one doing the annoying stuff
I'll do the annoying stuff if it means we get to hang out and play games together 😇

That’s an amazing idea, I love it! I used to play tons of games like that, figuring things out back and forth. I forgot to mention though that the game does have options to make yourself invincible and such, so if you get really stuck on a boss or a tough part you can still get through it and not feel like you’re trapped.
I agree with @SammyJ9, this is a great idea! My spouse and I took turns playing the game and taking notes on things and just figuring things out together. We've been playing games together since a few months after we got together in 2006, and playing this together in March through May is now one of my favorite gaming memories together for sure.
I'm glad you think so! We've played a couple games like that before (and some where one of us is really just the peanut gallery) and it's a lot of fun, especially for games where we're both interested in it but only one of us likes playing that genre. Or for games where one of us (usually me) is really bad at the gameplay.

I also used to do that with my sister when we were kids (or sometimes we took turns), and we still do it on occasion when we have the time. It was fun then and it's fun now!

Well I just preordered a pricy kit as a Christmas gift to myself as it’s one of my fave mech designs and the redesign of the OG Super Robot(to be fair if it’s not a Gundam 9” tall kits tend to pricy), it’s the moderoid Giant Robo… of course the priciest one this year is the xbc2 Siren Kotobuya kit reprint I gave into, but that’s on licensing XD.

The thing about Tunic other than the vagueness putting people off (which is totally fair! It’s not for everyone) is that in many ways it’s a Zelda homage, but it plays much more like a Souls game. Which if you love both Zelda and Souls (like me!) then it pushes all the right buttons and is phenomenal. But if you love Zelda and aren’t too keen on Souls, then there’s a pretty jarring clash that’s going to hit you.

I can definitely see the complaints about practically everything under the sun being a Soulslike or using Souls-y mechanics lately (which will probably get worse post-Elden Ring) as it does feel a bit saturated, but… it’s hard for me to be too upset since it’s one of my favorite genres. It’d be like me complaining there have been too many JRPGs lately, it’s just not possible!
I really like Tunic, despite being “meh” on Souls. My only beef is I think the last bit of the campaign feels like a chore.

fightclub-punch.gif
Maybe I should stick to the Super Mario Club...

Anyone watched the latest Rick and Morty episode? In a series that uses videogame adjacent names for their consoles, apparently Nintendo is cannon in it lol.

I really like Tunic, despite being “meh” on Souls. My only beef is I think the last bit of the campaign feels like a chore.
I agree there, I feel like the last bit of the game doesn’t quite live up to the magic of the first 2/3 or so. I still enjoyed it, but it definitely went down a bit for me overall.

The Zelda series is probably my favorite in all of gaming but oddly I have a really hard time clicking with a lot of Zelda-like titles. They often do something that doesn't quite make it feel enough like Zelda. They're maybe too combat focused or are a rogue-like. Stuff like that. I've played Okami and Darksiders and while I did enjoy what I played, I didn't stick with them to the end. Hyper Light Drifter takes a lot of inspiration from Zelda but it's definitely a more combat focused game with very minimal puzzle solving. I think getting that perfect mix of Zelda-elements, from combat, to items, to puzzles, to exploration, etc, is really difficult and only Nintendo has done is consistently.

Well my Switch now has a weird dark splotch on the right side of the screen. Add that to the already long list of problems my Switch has.

The universe really wants me to buy an OLED, huh?

- Weird dark splotch on the right side of the screen

- Right Joy-Con randomly disconnects in handheld mode (have tried multiple Joy-Cons, they all do it)

- Kickstand is loose and falls off constantly

- Had to replace a failing fan

- Touch screen totally does not work at all

- sometimes just doesn’t turn on?

- sometimes I wake it from sleep mode and it tells me I ejected the Micro SD card (I did not)

Well my Switch now has a weird dark splotch on the right side of the screen. Add that to the already long list of problems my Switch has.

waiting is a pragmatic choice but I have a feeling the splatoon edition will retain its value...

Just buy an OLED so the karma gods can announce the Switch Pro the day after your purchase.

waiting is a pragmatic choice but I have a feeling the splatoon edition will retain its value...
This is right but also I cannot be bothered to sell a console. I would just put it off forever and then just never do it.

Just buy an OLED so the karma gods can announce the Switch Pro the day after your purchase.
The day after? Perfect, still in the return window 😈

Honestly...yeah, your friend's assessment is on point. The UI is honestly the toughest enemy in the game, but I also have about ten hours in the world too. When you're not navigating menus it really is an incredibly cathartic gaming experience. The characters are charming and expressive, the story is goofy, the goals are achievable and the sidequests plentiful without being tedious, and the music sublime. As much as it pains me to say it given I love the game on my Switch, I'd sooner recommend getting it on PC. If it does end up having the same replayability like Stardew Valley, I may go back and double dip
Yeah, even looking at the UI on the eShop I thought "good lord that's busy". The thing is, I just don't commit to games on PC for some reason. I guess I'm a console gamer at heart. Thanks for your input though, I'll have to think about it.

On Chapter 5 of Bayonetta. After a breezy prologue and first two chapters, this game becomes hard af and kinda frustrating at times

Day 3: Nina Simone “I Put a Spell on You.”

Probably my favorite version of this song. The piano is sort of meandering and mysterious, leading you to this sultry sax section. Just an amazing rendition:

It's a new day, it's a new dawn (of the first day), and I'm feeling good 🎶

I was just watching a news report on how the US Supreme Court is about to hear a case that will likely lead to them overturning the Voting Rights Act and give the political parties the ability to decide who wins presidential elections regardless of how people vote and I went right from that to seeing your post and momentarily became way more scared by it than I should have been 😅

- Weird dark splotch on the right side of the screen

- Right Joy-Con randomly disconnects in handheld mode (have tried multiple Joy-Cons, they all do it)

- Kickstand is loose and falls off constantly

- Had to replace a failing fan

- Touch screen totally does not work at all

- sometimes just doesn’t turn on?

- sometimes I wake it from sleep mode and it tells me I ejected the Micro SD card (I did not)
Maybe indulge yourself in a Lite so you can keep playing in portable mode while waiting for the Drake ?

I feel like it might be time for me to come to terms with the idea that I may have been underwhelmed by 13 Sentinels because I played the House in Fata Morgana right before it

This is canon to me now. If Yoshi doesn't look like this from here on out, be it in games or movies or whatever, I'll be completely losing it.

(The real Yosh is way cuter, let's be real)

If you want your Yoshi looking like a dinosaur, the 1993 Mario movie has you covered!

Say, when did Nintendo start selling digital copies of their (distributed/published) goods like this?
I'm out of the loop, I feel

When they relaunched the store ... i think that was end of August? The My Nintendo Store didn't really offer physical games before, but now the stores are identical for the whole european market.

I’m just gonna need to up and learn Japanese. I cant wait for these fan translations anymore. Its brutal. I straight up start thinking to myself “hmm maybe I could literally have fluently learned a language in the time that I’ve been waiting for this“

Guys I have a question.
I've received an email from Nintendo about FIFA 23 Legacy Edition.
It says that, for the owners of Fifa 22 Legacy edition, the "new" game costs just 20 bucks
To access the promo, you need to enter the "special eShop link from within Fifa 22 Legacy Edition".
Too bad that...there is no "special link for the eShop" if I launch Fifa 22

Any tips?

Gotta check the store out if you're interested in either Bayonetta 1 physical and/or the Xenoblade 3 Collectors Edition stuff, as they're exclusive to the My Nintendo Store.
I've actually stopped buying these physical editions altogether. My latest and presumably last one has been Metroid Dread last year. That'll be it for the time being, saving up on both space as well as money for now.

Still a bad first post for a well thought-out thread

If it takes a lack of a certain tag for you to be able to tell whether or not thought has been put into a post, the problem is yours.

Then I’m not a good fit for this forum. See you eventually.

• Right Joy-Con randomly disconnects in handheld mode (have tried multiple Joy-Cons, they all do it)
  • Kickstand is loose and falls off constantly
  • Had to replace a failing fan
  • sometimes I wake it from sleep mode and it tells me I ejected the Micro SD card (I did not)
All of these happened to me as well, which is why I eventually bought an OLED model ;)

Guys I have a question.
I've received an email from Nintendo about FIFA 23 Legacy Edition.
It says that, for the owners of Fifa 22 Legacy edition, the "new" game costs just 20 bucks
To access the promo, you need to enter the "special eShop link from within Fifa 22 Legacy Edition".
Too bad that...there is no "special link for the eShop" if I launch Fifa 22

Any tips?
I tried it yesterday… I think EA just forgot to implement it in the game. Which is not really surprising, I guess ? But it might appear in the next days, don’t hesitate to open a ticket with their customer service !

I tried it yesterday… I think EA just forgot to implement it in the game. Which is not really surprising, I guess ? But it might appear in the next days, don’t hesitate to open a ticket with their customer service !

Thank you, that was my suspect too
especially because they say that you HAVE to enter through the eshop-link in the game, and not directly from the eshop

Just in the case hell freezes over and Nintendo formally announced the Drake model today i just want to say:

Thank you for your sacrifice.

(E: Just to be sure, there won't be a Drake announcement today, or this year.)
Not much of a sacrifice if that's what happens, eh?

Not much of a sacrifice if that's what happens, eh?

You know, i wanted to make that post without the edit. But then remembered that someone might just take it for real, so i surrendered to my inner urge to add a lil disclaimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom