• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m probably gonna pick up Harvestella but I’m wondering if there’s a review embargo before the release

I let my girlfriend beat me in Switch Sports Tennis and now she won't let me live it down. I've created a monster!!!
My girlfriend is legitimately just better at video games than me and I have zero reservations in saying it. She consistently beats me at competitive games despite her not really liking competitive games.

Too busy releasing great games to tell us about other games smh

Don't forget adding the last tweaks to Drake!

My girlfriend is legitimately just better at video games than me and I have zero reservations in saying it. She consistently beats me at competitive games despite her not really liking competitive games.

Sounds like you should forfeit your account and position here to her and become a full time footlong afficionado.

Halloween Jazz Day 31: Vince Guaraldi “The Great Pumpkin Waltz”

Happy Halloween to all. Posting early so that most everyone can enjoy during Halloween day. One of my absolute favorite recordings ever and favorite pieces of media. Just gets me in the Halloween spirit. Thanks for indulging me this entire month while I posted a daily jazz tune. This has cemented it as my favorite genre of music and given me even greater appreciation for the art form. Everyone stay safe out there, and hopefully the Great Pumpkin brings you everything your heart desires.

Here is the full list of people want it:

1. Witch Hunt - Wayne Shorter
  2. Hibbie Jibbies - Louis Armstrong
  3. I Put a Spell on You - Nina Simone
  4. Nightmare - Artie Shaw
  5. Soul Stirrin - Bennie Green
  6. Pumpkin - Andrew Hill
  7. Autumn Leaves - Ahmad Jamal
  8. Poltergeist - Muyami Kojima
  9. Frankenstein - Jackie McLean
  10. Jekyll & Hyde - Marcus Miller
  11. My Witch’s Blue - Makoto Ozone, Christian McBride, Jeff “Tain” Watts
  12. Dear Autumn - Joey Alexander
  13. Friday the 13th - Thelonious Monk & Sonny Rollins
  14. Paranormal Activity - MSM Schmidt
  15. This Masquerade - Rahsaan Rowland Kirk
  16. Trick or Treat - Lionel Hampton & His Jazz All Stars
  17. The Witch Doctor - Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers
  18. Night Creature (Second Movement): Stalking Monster - Duke Ellington
  19. Autumn in New York - Charlie Parker
  20. Creepin’ In - Horace Silver
  21. Witchcraft - Joey DeFrancesco
  22. Blues in the Night - Jimmy Smith
  23. The Phantom - Dave Anderson (ft Pat Bianchi)
  24. Stolen Sweets - Shirley Scott
  25. Sweet Pumpkin - Ryan Kisor, Sam Yahel, Pat Bernstein, Brian Blade
  26. Scarecrow - Benny Goodman
  27. Goose Pimples - Bix Beiderbecke
  28. Fall - Miles Davis
  29. The Night has a Thousand Eyes - John Coltrane
  30. Ghost of Yesterday - Billie Holiday
  31. The Great Pumpkin Waltz - Vince Guaraldi

So, I'm in the middle of a bad horror movie party with some friends, and while we're getting ready for the next one (Jason X, for those interested), I'm dropping by to say this: what a fucking actor Christopher Lee was; we just watched him in that awful Howling II movie and the guy plays his part with so much aplomb and gravitas, as if it was the greatest role he ever landed. What a guy.

What is it about my Switch that makes my dogs keep trying to step on it

Your dogs just wanna play Just Dance via touchscreen. It's weird, but then, it's not like they could hold the Joy-Cons for motion controls!

So, I'm in the middle of a bad horror movie party with some friends, and while we're getting ready for the next one (Jason X, for those interested), I'm dropping by to say this: what a fucking actor Christopher Lee was; we just watched him in that awful Howling II movie and the guy plays his part with so much aplomb and gravitas, as if it was the greatest role he ever landed. What a guy.
No matter how awful a movie is, actors and actresses giving it their all can really elevate movies.

Last edited:
Only game my wife was allowed to play growing up, lol. I messaged this to her and she is over the moon.

"Hey Darling, we should allow our little girl to play one of those vidia games, but only one. Any idea which one might fit?"
"Sure hon', Oregon Trail, you know the one where your family of settlers constantly die various gruesome deaths!"
"Oh Darling, you're a genius."

"Hey Darling, we should allow our little girl to play one of those vidia games, but only one. Any idea which one might fit?"
"Sure hon', Oregon Trail, you know the one where your family of settlers constantly die various gruesome deaths!"

Americans, mate. Don't know what to tell you.

Hey if it's historically accurate it's okay.

Americans, mate. Don't know what to tell you.

You should introduce her to Animal Crossing, so she finally has a settler that doesn't die. Though, i don't know what happens if you never pay your debts to Nook.

Hey if it's historically accurate it's okay.

Hey, as kids together, we were mostly playing Nintendo World Cup, that was accurate too. If you foul other players too much in real life, they too are not recovering for some time! ;D

I’m listening to the latest episode of Alexander’s Ragtime Band and having an absolute existential crisis right now. Do I actually like JRPGs or was I just indoctrinated between my dad listening to classic rock when I was growing up and all the 80s cartoons that were imported? Help.

(expect some bumps of that “hey that game song sounds like this thing” thread soon)

Like seriously, Dancing Mad is just a giant tribute to Tarkus, Hocus Pocus and more things I’m just discovering.

One of these days, I want to do a Square Enix "B-tier" marathon and play through the new Star Ocean, Valkryie Elysium, and Strangers in Paradise.
As a lover of Square’s B-tier stuff (which is when they let their hair down and do really interesting stuff) I approve of this even though that’s really just Enix B-tier franchises… and Chaos.

Is that a HD-2D version of Oregon Trail? 😮

So an existential dread type, huh? How about Lemmings? There you have to sacrifice some Lemmings for the sake of the others!

Nah, she's actually quite a bright personality, just raised on a farm. Apparently, that makes you weird like that.

I haven't but I hovered over the hyperlink and it sounds like something I do not want to open on my work laptop.

"Sure hon', Oregon Trail”
“Why that sounds educational! I’ve always thought school should teach kids more about dysentery”

The spooky thing is, that's not bread.
So you’re telling me that one of the world’s largest sandwich shops doesn’t actually use bread?

Dear god. The sentient bread have been covertly replacing the breadi n sandwiches with some sugary facsimile. Fattening us humans and saving the lives of their fellow loaves. Soon they will have an army of beastly yeasts, and we will be too feeble to stop them.

I have stumbled upon the truth, and it’s that humanity is toast.

When will they put the real classics on Switch...

518EXTPGW7L.jpg

One of these days, I want to do a Square Enix "B-tier" marathon and play through the new Star Ocean, Valkryie Elysium, and Strangers in Paradise.
Square Enix's B-tier stuff has actually been so damn good the past 5 years or so it's been kind of jarring to see these 3 release so close together to such mixed reception, but as a big fan of JRPGs I've been planning on doing the same thing at some point lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom